A question .....

by Landy 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yes Simon xx

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Diogenesister - "That's why so many exjw are activists of one type or another ( even anonymous ones)..."

Agreed.

IMO, even simply participating on this forum qualifies as a form of activism.

• TD
    TD

Landy,

Are you familiar with how backwards family law is in much of the U.S.?

• Twitch
    Twitch

Anyway, I don't think this place is for me. It's a part of my life that has long since past and nothing good is going to come from dredging it up again.

- Landy, 6 months ago

the innate dishonesty of not being myself would be too much for me.

- Landy, yesterday

lol

• Landy
    Landy

I've only stayed because you're on here <puckers up for a kiss> :D

• Twitch
    Twitch
    I've only stayed because you're on here <puckers up for a kiss>

Now who's the stalker?

lmao

• thereishope
    thereishope

Just want to say - I was "true to myself" many decades ago, and lost everything - my home, children, ex-husband - nothing to do with religion. Just bought into the "find yourself" theme of the times, and left everything. Lost them all, and never did "find myself". Just saying - one has to count the cost. I now have a good marriage with a good man who doesn't know TTATT, or care to. If I pressed it, it would cause a deep divide, and hurt him deeply. Just because I've woken up, doesn't mean I have the right to try to open his eyes because I want him on the same page with me. Life isn't black and white after all, so I'll sit on the fence in the grey zone.

The song "The Great Pretender" from back in my youth keeps playing in my mind. I'm a good actress. I can do this. As long as I'm not lying to myself I'm being "true to myself". I don't have to be true to anyone else, I can keep secrets. My fade over the last few years has been gradual and not deliberate. Using health issues has worked well, and depression. Maybe this is as fade-ed as I get. No service, maybe the odd meeting to keep hubby happy, no assembly days or conventions, no memorials - never feeling up to it - just so discouraged and depressed and sick!

I got a good reminder this week about what's really important to me. My husband got very ill and I stood to lose him at one point. He's fine now and back from hospital, but it reminded me of what's really important in my life, and I'll be damned if I'll let this cult ruin things for us. I may not have long with him, we're getting on in years. If he goes before me, I'll cut ties with the congregation so quick!

My goodness, didn't mean to go on for so long, and I've even deleted a lot of what I've written, so I don't know if this even makes much sense to anyone else. My story is long - 70 years long. Just the "be true to yourself" thing really set off some alarm bells, and thought it might help someone else not jump off the cliff like I did and pull the plug on everyone and everything. I felt very free and joyful initially (what a rush), but that was short lived when my head cleared and I realized what I'd done.

My advice to people would be to go slowly and think things through very carefully from all angles and yes! be true to yourself - act as you believe yourself to be. That's all folks! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit