So What Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Do Now?

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Thanks so much, resolute Bandicoot.

• GodBeliever
    GodBeliever

LV101

Hi GodBeliever - are you quoting scripture(s) from the NWT or another version?

I would quote from most existing versions doesn't make much difference. However, I am a bit sceptical about NWT. I believe is biased and was done in order to support some WT doctrinal changes. In some situations a single word misinterpreted can make a huge difference.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

This is the truth.

dressed from the waist up,

I would love it if everyone had to stand up at some point. The farce of singing along to the songs in your own home is also hilarious. I wish that there could be an accidental unmute to hear the singing and the comments between watchers.

It is not a stretch to be watching the game on a TV in line with your device during the meetings. Life can be so much more entertaining.

• minimus
    minimus

It’s like it’s all for show.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

LV101

Just go on youtube and look for ''Goatlike Personality''.

I believe it was back in early spring, March, when the pandemic took hold of the planet.

About the time when rubber-face Lett, with his facial contortions exclaimed the end-of the end-of the end, if not the final day before the last days of the final day before the last day of the last days. That rant.

Jonas(Goatlike) did a rebuttal shortly after that horrendous broadcast rebutting Lett. I think it was sometime in the latter part of March. Hope this helps.

• Giordano
    Giordano

In my opinion it's collapsing. Only the diehards will cling to these stupid beliefs, older people who gave up clear reasoning, education, science and abandoned close family members who dropped out. Which is how a JW shows their family love. Will still stick.

Everyone else is leaving. Making new plans looking into at home college or business options.

Many have lost their Kingdom Halls......... Halls that they helped build and financially gave generously to keeping the building in tact, What was once a proud KH is now a drive by liquor store or dry cleaners.

What does it feel like to drive past our old KH that we were married in or brought our children to and it's been turned into a 7/11?

The Society lives in good substantial (Head Quarters and or Branch buildings) that provide for all of their needs.

Their older followers are working two jobs to make a living cause they were discouraged from getting higher education. Those who are let go from headquarters or the Branch may not be eligible for Medicare or Social Security.

When did we realize we were taking advice from Elders who were for the most part under educated tools?

This is the problem people are coming to understand. Being a JW is a mistake. It could cost you your life.You have a made up god who shows no real interest in the JW's. He was invented by Russell and brought all of the traits of the 19th century.

Let me explain it to you this way: The JW Hospital Liaison Committee who visits you in the hospital to warn you about not accepting a blood transfusion are the same guys two days later who are outside washing the hospital windows.

This is as true as I can make it.

• SoTrapped
    SoTrapped

Zoom meetings, telephone and letter witnessing. Lots of text messaging. Were not in full lockdown where I live in Aus, but they're not going back to khall meetings or face to face witnessing for a while yet. One thing they've got right is not being complacent.

Zoom meetings make it soooo easy to fade. Video off, attendance logged, and leave it in another room while I do whatever else needs doing around the house.

• LV101
    LV101

THANK YOU, GodBeliever and Beth Sarim - appreciate. NWT is questionable but I like the new silver cover. Really like the "end of the end of the end." Oh my - only WT.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This Thread reminds me of what, if memory serves was a kind of Song, certainly a Refrain, when I was young, it went : " Ya don't Drink, ya don't Smoke, What do ya do ?".

That REALLY applies to JW's, the List of what they cannot do is Sooooo Long ! The List of what they CAN do is SOoooo Boring !.

Edited to add, I think it was the Song by Adam and The Ants called Goody Two Shoes" ?? : " Goody two, goody two, goody goody two shoes

Goody two, goody two, goody goody two shoes

Don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do?
    Don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do?"

• stan livedeath

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit