Do You Think It’s Time For Businesses To Reopen Even Though Coronavirus Is Not Obliterated?

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

Some places yes, some places no. Some business yes, some no. WE must open up, we have no choice do we ?I'm over 60 and Sea Breeze wants me to stay home for a couple years LOL Wait until you are 60, I want you to remember that.

I still go to the Hakkason club in Vegas " PUT YOUR HANDS UP "

RubaDub that was too funny...if you like dark humor .. I do lol

Sherry still young at heart.

• minimus
    minimus

Caves, thank you. Rub , I like you. But I too will call BS when I see it.

As far as waiting for vaccinations, you could wait years before the business sector could return.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

So how long until a "vaccination"? I have read anywhere from 18 months to two years out. I also read just this afternoon that W.H.O. now claims that having had and recovered from the COVID-19 virus does not mean immunity. So WTH good will a vaccine do anyway? I thought that a vaccine was being touted by the "experts" as the be-all end-all cure to build immunity to the virus. They surely wouldn't be wrong, would they?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Min ... Caves ...

Ok, Ok, I slipped ... I plead guilty. I did it.

In a scriptural sense, it was like the right hand did not know what the left hand was typing.

It was hard to resist, I sinned, but I am committed to not bringing reproach on this site going into the future.

Rub a Dub

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I'm afraid opening things up again, too soon, will be like when you're taking antibiotics. If you stop taking them when you're feeling better instead of taking the whole bottle until it's empty, the infection will come back even worse than it was originally and is much more difficult to kick.

• minimus
    minimus

Rub, your sincerity is sooooo believable. Quit while you are ahead.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SEA BREEZE:

Not feasible to be saying people of any age shouldn’t go out until we have a vaccine...We could be waiting a very long time for a coronavirus vaccine!

Unfortunately, some people over sixty still have to go out and work!. Maybe they were Witnesses who listened to the stupid religion and never prepared for retirement or the future. I’m grateful I never listened to their nonsense!

But, even people over sixty who are retired have to go out for groceries or whatever.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    There is going to be possibility of having an upsurge of new cases after the restrictions are lifted in certain areas.

I would say there definitely *is* going to be “an upsurge in new cases”. That is, the possibility is 100%. As more testing is rolled out, don’t be surprised if you find more “new cases”. And that is what worries me. The leftists in government have had a power boner for the last two months. It’s like a drug to them. They will do more tests and lo! They will find more cases, an upsurge. It will be spun that more cases means a larger emergency. And the power grabs will continue.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) has identified 115 different vaccine initiatives around the globe. There are already five that are in human stage 1 clinical trials. We're looking at around 12 months or so folks according to CEPI.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SEA BREEZE:

Yes, about twelve months to develop this sounds optimistic. And what about getting it out and then getting everybody to the doctor or wherever to get this vaccine? That’ll surely take a while.

No, we have to get out now and get things going again. Of course we have to be careful..I’d like to think that this awful experience has made everybody more conscious of the fact that they have to act like responsible human beings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit