Do You Think It’s Time For Businesses To Reopen Even Though Coronavirus Is Not Obliterated?

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think it’s time for business to reopen and let’s get the economy going again!

What say you???

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Unfortunately I think countries are just going to have to get their economies restarted, which is also needed to build up taxes which many governments have been pouring out money to the disadvantaged .

Its kind of catch 22, dammed if you do and dammed if you dont.

Carefully and methodologically is way to do this with travel restrictions being the last on the list of things to be lifted.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Definitely!

• minimus
    minimus

We NEED to have open responsible businesses open to get the economy going. They keep moving the goalposts . We can’t reopen waiting to make sure no trace of the virus is left. Enough is enough!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It may have to go this way until a vaccination is established and I think many government officials are starting to see that in spite of the possibility of there being a small number of occurring new cases.

The option to reinstall restrictions is there if there is a dramatic outbreak again.

• minimus
    minimus

Good luck waiting for a vac. Seriously??

• minimus
    minimus

There are more than a single strain of this virus

• newsheep
    newsheep

I have no problem with businesses being opened again provided people wear masks, curbside shopping and keeping your distance. Our business is doing well because it involves food. No one has complained yet with the ordering a head of time, curbside pickup or e transfer. I like this way for us better because it works for us and our business but for someone else maybe not. We shop only at the places that do the same or we order online.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good luck waiting for a vac. Seriously??

And you have another alternative ?

One thing to note is there more clinical institutions working on a vaccine for this virus more so than any other time in human history.

Lets be optimistic on the matter.

• caves
    caves

Two weeks ago I would have said no.

But if we don't there will be nothing to save.

I totally agree with Fink it is a damned if you do damned if you don't.

For Americans the stimulus money was no where enough. If they took care of the people "like other countries are doing" then no. But they are not.

I say open back up and those that want to stay home then they should do that.

If people are being evicted left and right (despite some states non evict measures) it wont be contained anyway with mass evictions. Got to reopen sadly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit