Do You Think It’s Time For Businesses To Reopen Even Though Coronavirus Is Not Obliterated?

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

I have been wearing my mask and keeping six feet away from anyone. All the rest too but like my sister says "I refuse to live in fear anymore. Spent to much time doing that being raised a JW"

Starting tomorrow you must wear a mask to in go into any store . They will not let you in. Good news is we can now buy seeds. Only in MI would they think buying seeds was a problem . I do agree about the masks. Tomorrow I'm getting a special one built by a friend . This mask works really well . I may look like Darth Vaders's girlfriend. LOL

• hoser
    hoser

The price of food will rise. Food banks are already stretched thin. People forced out of their jobs don’t have money. Farmers will have a hard time planting and harvesting their crops this year due to travel restrictions on labor and are unable to source supplies they need. If people aren’t allowed to get back to work this will get ugly.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

As an example : In our area there was a food bank drive thru staged at the local community college. The idea was that if you need food, you can go and get groceries/food without getting out of the car. It was for people that are hurting for not being “essential”. They expected 40,000. There were several hundred thousand. They ran out of food.

Hairdressers in the area are taking appointments. Of course, this is currently illegal. They don’t care - they’ve rigged their salons to separate customers and change over to a store front if anyone rats them out. They are allowed to sell products, but not perform services. Their salons are like speakeasies during prohibition. They have to work. Unemployment is overwhelmed. They aren’t getting any money.

Now, I think they are learning a valuable lesson not to live without some savings. And they are also learning they can’t rely on government, unless they want to starve.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

We keep playing games, and the next thing you know, mandatory vaccinations with RFID chips as verification will be required to get anything open. And I am more worried about that than about any virus.

To compare, even assuming the worst case with the coronavirus where 10% that get it die and half of all survivors suffer serious and permanent damage. That leaves something like 45% that come out just fine. Compare that with what the communism will cause--something like 95% dying and everyone having serious and permanent damage that lasts beyond this lifetime. And it will be a long, miserable death, not something that is relatively quick. Eventually, the whole planet will be ruined for us to live at all.

And, if we don't reopen, we will end up with a massive famine that will kill way more than the coronavirus. And it will permanently damage most everyone, especially those who are still growing. By contrast, coronavirus seriously affects mostly those who are older. While it is not pleasant to have Grandma die, is it better than having Grandma AND your daughter(s) all dying from starvation? In turn, this will lead to the same RFID chips as the vaccine. With most of the earth dying, and having us ruined.

Not to mention, this "social distancing" matters most near the beginning stages of the pandemic, when nothing was done about it. We are close to saturation levels in most of Europe and in parts of North America (New York and California come to mind). There is no way you are going to totally prevent all exposure by just staying 6 feet/2 metes apart. You will, however, stop people from reproducing, and that will be just as bad as wiping out the future population with the pandemic itself. And it is stupid to rely exclusively on avoiding exposure to slow the spread of the virus.

I prefer a more balanced system. Isolating those who are sick helps. It also helps to wash your hands with soap and water, and to clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched with dirty hands. The cashiers at supermarkets already have sneeze guards that do help (or should), and we have those ugly face masks that would have served better near the beginning. But, what about supplements? What about ensuring availability of vitamin C? (Which is totally gone--even worse than the toilet paper.) Do you hear about zinc? Quercetin? And what about vitamin D? Or herbs that enhance the immune system or throttle excessive inflammation? Oh no, you won't hear a peep about these supplements that are just as important as hand washing or "social(??)" distancing.

And then there are treatment options along with the supplements. There are already drugs that have been successfully used, including this chloroquine. Along with the supplements, these drugs make it easy to treat most cases that make it through basic hygiene and supplements. Most can be taken in outpatient settings, similar to how we treat infections with antibiotics now.

Not to mention, obesity is one major risk factor. If you are only slightly obese, that might be an asset for the coming famine. But if you are some big fat tub of lard that cannot even waddle without those obesity chairs, you are asking for trouble. Opening up physical fitness centers would help those heading in that direction to avoid becoming morbidly obese, and stopping people from going outside only causes more serious disease (and not just coronavirus, but heart disease and diabetes, themselves quite deadly) by preventing exercise that burns calories instead of making people fat. Yes, you will see more cases--and probably more wimpy cases--by letting people mingle and reopening things (albeit with care not to take stupid risks). But, the alternative is worse.

One thing I do NOT advocate reopening is church or mosque service (synagogues fit in this category). All they do is provide us with the energy to ruin the whole planet and enslave us all. Even if the virus was totally gone, along with every other disease, I would advocate keeping these vile places closed down to prevent more curses from being thrown at us. The churches are themselves epicenters of a far worse pandemic than coronavirus, or even the Plague, and need to be shut down. I don't need them--I did nicely without them through most of the 1970s into the 1980s, I did nicely without them since leaving the jokehovians, and I can do nicely without them now.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HOSER:

Absolutely it would get ugly fast. I think some people are in denial about that. I can’t say it enough that we have to get up and running again.

If anybody wants to stay home let them. But, I’ll bet they aren’t in immediate danger of starving and can probably get somebody else to do their errands for them.

MEAN MR MUSTARD:

I feel badly for these small businesses. It’s true that people should have savings but for some that’s easier said than done with everything so expensive.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think they are learning a valuable lesson not to live without some savings.

People have to quit living paycheck-to-paycheck. And don't rag on telling that some poor low-wage earners can't do that. Bullshit. All those low-wage earners that I know can afford cigarettes, booze, cell phones (better than mine), and have tattoos.

We have always lived differently. Frankly, a lot of that came from the JW mantra of "keep the eye simple". We have never bought anything (other than out first car and first house) that we cannot pay for with a check (cash). We might finance it, but we have the cash.

For as long as I can remember, the financial "experts" advised having a minimum of 6 months income in savings in case of a "rainy day". Well, folks, this has been a fucking hurricane. There should have been more planning for the storm.

Young people (my kids included) think they need to step out on their own into the lifestyle that their parents have achieved after 20, 30 or 40 years of working and saving. So they go into debt for a house they really cannot afford. They buy 2 new cars on credit. That big house needs furniture. CHARGE IT! They have two incomes but just barely scrape by...........until one of them gets laid off............of one of them get injured or sick.

You reap what you sow. Oh wait! Don't worry! The Government will bail you out. (And probably do so at the expense of the people who saved.)

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    MEAN MR MUSTARD:
    I feel badly for these small businesses. It’s true that people should have savings but for some that’s easier said than done with everything so expensive.

Well, to be fair, I see how these hairdressers live. If they were more modest in their spending, they could have a savings.

Why do you think everything is so expensive?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DESIROUS OF CHANGE:

I agree with you about ‘keeping your eye simple’ and how it kept costs down! So, if we took anything valuable from our JW experience that should be it.

As for the attitude that some have about the govt. bailing them out:..the JWs have the same attitude who think other Witnesses who saved or were criticized for working are going to give to those who didn’t want to...Not gonna happen.

MEAN MR MUSTARD:

I am referring to expensive things like rent, car insurance and medical insurance. Why these things are expensive? That’s a topic for another thread.

I agree with you and DOC that many people live beyond their means which has to do with their values. But, that’s also another topic for another thread.

• LV101
    LV101

I agree, LHG - get it goin/get 'er done! Either attempts are made or it will be long soup lines and everyone will be exposed, regardless.

People are already out and about - 41,000 in Orange County, California, on Saturday. Newport/Laguna Beach, aren't waiting nor are they wearing masks. Weather is hot and it's bikini season - should be humid enough so hopefully they won't get sick.

• LV101
    LV101

Lots of bail outs but I prefer the gov't helping out the small businesses (it's much more than small businesses) and those who are hurting and have paid taxes vs. sending off to other countries for once.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit