How Many are Single? How Many are Looking?

by Robdar 85 Replies latest social relationships

• Robdar
    Robdar

I find myself finally becoming accustomed to the fact that I am single again. I am no longer thinking in couple terms and I now cook to please only me. It's fun and scary all at the same time.

So, how many singles are there on this forum? Are you looking to find love? What are you looking for in a partner/mate?

Maybe it's time we started our own club.

Robyn

PS: If a thread like this has been started before, I apologize for starting it again. I was not single the last time somebody may have started a similar thread.

• shamus
    shamus

I am single, but never looking, LOL!

I figure that if I fall in love, great! It's meant to be. If not, then that's that.

• Maverick
    Maverick

No longer married. Not the same as single, I hate the way that sounds! As for looking...Maverick

• Robdar
    Robdar

figure that if I fall in love, great! It's meant to be. If not, then that's that

Shamus, it's great that you feel that way. But, c'mon, confess to the board what you are looking for in a partner. Pretty please?

No longer married. Not the same as single, I hate the way that sounds!

Maverick, I like the phrase "no longer married" better than single too. So, what are you looking for in a partner?

Robyn

• Maverick
    Maverick

Robdar, intelligent, self-sufficient, strong, competent...nice legs don't hurt either. Maverick

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

single and semi sorta looking but not expecting to find:

someone that makes more money than I do (whew! that should be easy)
    someone that likes noise - i happen to like drumming and guitars and sawing things to bits - but I'm willing to cut back on my noise output for the right person - oh hell, for ANY person
    someone with a sense of humor and just a modicum of common sense
    someone that is kind of a homebody and actually likes doing things around the house
    someone that cooks (and can teach me)
    someone that likes my eyes
    someone (yeah, I know. Get real)

So, by my count I'm looking for seven someones. I didn't know I was Mormon.

• JH
    JH

Owner of a lonely heart, owner of a lonely heart, much better than an owner of a broken heart.....

Remember that song...

• Robdar
    Robdar

intelligent, self-sufficient, strong, competent...nice legs don't hurt either

That's a well rounded list, Maverick...sounds like many of the ladies on this db

someone that likes my eyes...So, by my count I'm looking for seven someones. I didn't know I was Mormon

Ah DFW, you do have such nice eyes. Hey, I didn't know you were Mormon either!

Owner of a lonely heart, owner of a lonely heart, much better than an owner of a broken heart.....

JH, good song. But I can't help but be reminded of another phrase: "Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. "

I will be responding to this thread on and off while I cook dinner. BTW, tonight's menu is salad; buttered and dilled potatoes; marinated and grilled steak; garlic bread and brownies with vanilla bean ice cream. Wish you all were here 'cause there's plenty.

Robyn

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Single but not looking.

Mike.

• JH
    JH
    Single but not looking.

Mike.

Your avatar reveals otherwise...

Share this

Google+