Maybe I'm Just Ignorant About the New "Anti-Gay" Video

by turtleturtle 146 Replies latest jw friends

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

In looking at the definition of discrimination, I think the cartoon shows an element of bias toward heterosexuality, shows an element of bigotry, one-sidedness and demonstrates favoritism of straights over gays

dis·crim·i·na·tion
    dəˌskriməˈnāSH(ə)n/
    noun
    noun: discrimination; plural noun: discriminations
    1. 1.
      the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
      "victims of racial discrimination"
      synonyms:prejudice, bias, bigotry, intolerance, narrow-mindedness, unfairness, inequity, favoritism, one-sidedness, partisanship;
  • cofty
    cofty
    Is the message of the video that 1. Gay people are not going to paradise and 2. that they can be changed? - FMF

The message is ...

1 - People in same-sex relationships are not getting into paradise.

2 - People can choose to stop having gay sex.

The bible says so.

JW children tell their schoolmates all sorts of nonsense.

• cofty
    cofty
    I think the cartoon shows an element of bias toward heterosexuality - LRG

In other news the pope wears a silly hat.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

The whole thing is a good example of how JWS try to make the water cloudy on things like abuse, shunning and other sensitive subjects. Just because they make it cloudy won't make me deny what it is.

Maybe cofty and simon can clearly tell me what the video promotes. Because clearly me and a lot of other don't understand it the way they do.

1 - People in same-sex relationships are not getting into paradise. What does that mean?
    2 - People can choose to stop having gay sex. When does it say "gay sex"??????

• cofty
    cofty
    Maybe cofty and simon can clearly tell me what the video promotes - FMF

It promotes the belief that JWs should not be influenced by the changing attitudes of "the world" towards gay marriage.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

If it was the 60's and someone made a video like this about biracial marriage, what would be the implication Cofty? discrimination or not?

And "not being influenced" and preaching your views on homosexuals and getting into paradise are not the same thing. You are leaving off the preaching bit. 

• cofty
    cofty

Where does the bible condemn interracial marriage?

You are leaving off the preaching bit

What preaching bit?

"But there was nothing in the video itself suggesting that she talk about anything but paradise and animals." - Simon

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Where does the bible condemn interracial marriage?

What does that have to do with discrimination??? does the source/origin somehow absolve it ???, Israelites were taught to not mix with the nations. there ya go. Who care if its from the bible or any other book of ignorance. 

The point is teaching your kids biracial marriage is wrong or gay marriage is wrong is the same damn thing. And its sick for anyone to make a cartoon about it

"But there was nothing in the video itself suggesting that she talk about anything but paradise and animals." - Simon

Yea that is exactly the way active witness talk about homosexuals. they just talk about panda's and polo's tucked into pleated khaki's and a garden. lol 

Again witnesses speak very ugly and abusively of homosexuals. The implication and point of the video accomplishes what it is suppose to. Discrimination. 

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Why do you think the video was made for children? The video is in childish ambiguous paradise-speak for a reason. They couldn't make an adult version of this and get away with it. For one thing adults would be able to connect the dots of the message and tell the nosy witness where the hell to get off. WT likes to hide their propoganda in fairytale scenarios that have no bearing on real life. Just like all their stupid demos and what-not at meetimgs and assemblies.

The good news is I think kids today are smarter than this video.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Why do you think the video was made for children? The video is in childish ambiguous paradise-speak for a reason. They couldn't make an adult version of this and get away with it.

Very good point

Cofty and SImon i feel like you are playing along with the witness ignorance of the awful things they promote. 

can you imagine a witness saying "we don't shun people, we just don't let them on the plane, they have to leave the airport" whelp guess they don't practice barbaric shunning because they said it like that. lol come on now. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit