Best statement a householder made to get you to leave them alone.

by Esse quam videri 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

This post reminds me of the urban legend that was going around, about the JW hating woman who threw a bucket of water on a JW brother who called on her doorstep. The brother left and went on down the street and saw a little boy sitting on the curb crying. The little boy told the brother that his mother wouldn't give him any money to buy an ice cream from the ice cream man who was coming their way, so the brother gave the little boy some money.

It turns out the boy was the child of the woman who threw the bucket of water on the brother. The boy came home with an ice cream and told her about the nice, but very wet man who bought it for him. The mother was so ashamed she ran after the brother and of course "a bible study was started" and the bucket lady is faithfully serving Jehovah to this very day.

The End

• rebel8
    rebel8

A guy said he was possessed by demons and acted like he was actively hearing voices.

Everything else was an invitation to "overcome objections".

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

" You don't have the truth, I can show you why "

Reflectively he was right.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

1 Invited in; door closed when suddenly I realized that I could not breathe from the stench comming from the filth and human waste even on the ceiling. Exhaled as much as I could, held my breath, said I have to go then ran out gasping for air and had to vomit. Got sick had to stop and go home.

2 "It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again" creepy person came to the door.

3. Angry mob of Orthodox Jews.

4. Gunshots

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

HOUSEHOLDER: Sorry I'm not interested. I'm a vegetarian.

Funny you should say that. I remember a man opening the door and saying that he was raising children vampires. Freaked me out at the time and did not understand what he meant; so I left right away without saying another word.

• blondie
    blondie

Pete, the crap on the magazine was not urban legend, I was there.............but I thought it was the most effective "we're not interested" visual effect.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

"I'm an apostate".

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Actually walked up to a door once as a 15 year old and a young couple were doing the wild thing in the living room with the front door open. Good times.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

LOL PeteZaHut , those fables always end up with the same ending dont they? the most ridiculous was the Yakuza crime boss who had his own daughter murdered because she would not enter into the crime family because of her religious beliefs ect, naturally he became an elder because of his daughters stand

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

One day I presented a Watchtower to a householder. He asked me "Did you read it?" I checked the cover of the edition. I replied "No." He told me "Read it first for your self then" and closed the door 😂

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit