Best statement a householder made to get you to leave them alone.

by Esse quam videri 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

He was fvcking his wife.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Never happened, but I have always wondered when someone would come to their door with a gun in their hand and say "We good, don't come back."

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

One time, I got "We're all devil worshippers here".

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

One guy came to the door and said "Genesis 1:26", winked and went back inside.

"Go forth and multiply!"

• Londo111
    Londo111

The best thing they did: They didn't answer the door.

Win/win.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Shortly after 9/11 while on FS. We tried to approach an old man that was working in is garden. His answer was (In Spanish) "There is lots of good people here, I am not sure what you are doing preaching here. Go over to Afghanistan where those bad people came from. They need to know about God, not us. Go away!"

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Having JW's at your door is like shooting fish in a barrel. It's open season for the sarcastic.

I've been told to "f*ck off" more times than I can count. I've been told if I don't repent, I am going to hell. I've had dudes in velvet shorts and wigs come to the door with their outdoor plumbing exposed. I've had women do the same thing trying to fluster me. (sometimes that worked....)

Oh well. I've said "No thank you I am not interested' to the only two JW's who came to my door. (teenagers of course...) I personally can't act like a jerk to those that might not do the door knocking if they knew any better...

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

That wouldn't have stopped me at all. I'd start inquiring about what that means, or I'd come up with anything that would keep the conversation going.

Did you miss the 'head back in and window closed' part?

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

Anders Andersen Man, I would have told that guy "Frankly, it doesn't matter to me whether I talk to one person or a dozen; either way I would have spent the past hour pioneering. You, on the other hand, just wasted an hour of YOUR time on a pointless prank. I had your undivided attention the entire time. I did my job, regardless of the end result. You say you don't believe in our message, but you received it anyway. Who's laughing now?"

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

Velvet shorts and wigs? And genitals hanging out? Is that a reference to something? How can there possibly be more than one person on the planet dressed like that when they answer the door? How many men even wear wigs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit