Best statement a householder made to get you to leave them alone.

by Esse quam videri 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Knocked on a door on a Saturday morning. A window opened on the floor above me. A grizzled old man stuck his head out and said, " We're all heathens here!"

Head back in and window closed. I thought, "That is a crisp and concise statement. Very effective."

• joker
    joker

We were doing service one morning during a snowstorm and after driving down a long driveway the house owner opens the door with a rifle in his hands. " we're not interested " he says. VERY effective way to get us off of his property.

how absolutely ridiculous of me to go to the door, during a snowstorm, with my five year old son and have that happen😨

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

My wife returned from door knocking and told me a householder claimed they were Wiccans and practiced witchcraft. The householder apparently said something along the lines that it probably wasn't compatible with my wife's beliefs.

Sounds like it had the desired effect. My wife agreed and moved on to bother other households.

- - - - -

When I was a kid a couple of (I think) Mormons knocked on our door. At almost the same time, by coincidence, my uncle arrived. He summed up the situation and pretended to be a rival evangelist, stating lots of ridiculous benefits if I join his religion, not theirs.

After a bit one of the Mormons said something like, "perhaps we will return when there is a bit more maturity being shown", and they left. They didn't return, as far as I know.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One sure way is to bring out a Ouija board and invite them into a Satanic ritual or seance. While active jokehovians doing this will get disfellowshipped for trying this, householders could try this. It works even better than a gun, since jokehovians believe they will be resurrected if they die from persecution. But, if they use a Ouija board, they are afraid of everlasting damnation.

The jokehovians use fear to keep their own in line. I hope householders start using that fear to throw it right back in their faces.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

HOUSEHOLDER: Sorry I'm not interested. I'm a vegetarian.

JW LEAKS: Nice to meat you anyway.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

I remember talking to Jesus. Both of them.

The first was an RV from an elder brother. The two of us sometimes visited a guy who suffered schizophrenia and at times he thought he was Jesus. At least he knew he was 'crazy'.

In my early twenties a guy opened his door and said dead serious: Hi. I'm Jesus. No, he was not from a Spanish speaking background. The guy looked a bit odd, and there was no way to tell whether he was having an identity crisis of sorts, or that he was messing with me. Either way I couldn't think of anything left to say right then and there. Just said bye and left.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Ooh and another guy we all hated so much! This guy would be really interested, talking for an hour or longer at a time. Sometimes lightly disagreeing and discussing, sometimes going along with the JW bullshit. And when the chat ended he would say: You have to know I don't give a sh*t about your beliefs. But now you have spent a useless hour at my door instead of talking to a dozen others, who might fall for your nonsense.

Boy did we avoid his house like the plague!

• ambersun
    ambersun
    how absolutely ridiculous of me to go to the door, during a snowstorm, with my five year old son and have that happen😨

Ahh but don't forget the angels were protecting us all. At least that was what we were told to believe.

As a teenage pioneer working alone for much of the time, I lost count of the dangers I faced. Men opening doors completely naked, total weirdos inviting me in for a "chat", an alcoholic couple inviting me in to a room full of booze and asking me to drink with them. The list goes on.....

Yet my parents believed I was perfectly safe from harm as I was doing Jehovah's work.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I just got a straight forward F#@k off.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

" We're all heathens here!"

That wouldn't have stopped me at all. I'd start inquiring about what that means, or I'd come up with anything that would keep the conversation going.

I just got a straight forward F#@k off.

That may have stopped me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit