Best statement a householder made to get you to leave them alone.

by Esse quam videri 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

nothing whatsoever of any note, it was just their generally apathy, disinterestedness that made me realise what an utter pointless stupid waste of time it all was.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

"I'm busy". Worked for me every time.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Best one though "I think my cat's broken its leg".

• tiki
    tiki

We had a lot of French Canadians in the territory....theyd always say I'm not interested...I'm a cat lick....you always wanted to respond...pretty rough tongue, huh...

One response I particularly enjoyed was the woman who would answer the door...then as you spoke just quietly walk backwards down her front hall and disappear into the room beyond. We used to go there deliberately to see if shed do it and she never failed...just slowly retreat leaving you there on the stoop.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Before my time as a publisher, there happened to be some sort of scary tattooed guy who threatened to shoot and kill every next witness that would visit him. He was on the do-not-call-list with exclamation marks and "extremely dangerous" written in bold letters.

From my own experience...

One householder had the ultimate answer...a pack of three or four barking dogs! My wife ran away and I was slowly walking backwards, trusting the angels and keeping my bag between me and the dogs until I was on the street. Had to walk some distance to my car but luckily the dogs didn't fellow. My wife never forgave me for doing that one more house around the corner in the outside area. Lol

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

"GET THE FUCK OFF MY PROPERTY" screamed 6 inches from my face. The elder i was with called the police. In fairness to the woman, this was two calls shortly after a do not call request.

• blondie
    blondie

I knew jws that could get past all of those. After all, jws are looking for any non-jws so they can count their time.

• someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX

When I was 19/20 - Young man, young HOT girl came to door in blanket n'ked....obviously there was some hanky panky going on. But I don't think they were, um, "together", if you know what I mean...CHEATING. So they looked like deer in headlights and they had an expression like they were caught and in deep poop.

Said something like, "um we're kinda busy here..."

I left somewhat quickly, but not before checking to see if I could catch a glimpse of her nip. But alas, they were decently covered :-/ But she was HOT, and will 4ever be in my memories :->

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

"Consider me warned", then door closed. It was epic!

• MissFit
    MissFit

Stunned silence , then uncontrollable laughter:

"And they said I was crazy!" Said the guy who just told us how he was kidnapped and tortured as a child by aliens who have infiltrated the government. ( we just got through telling him how God would destroy the wicked and how we would live in paradise worry and pain free and how God would bring back the dead. )

We backed away slowly, not making any sudden moves and got the he'll out of there.

That got me to really thinking. Even the crazy guy thought we were nuts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit