Farewell

by EdenOne 104 Replies latest jw experiences

• LV101
    LV101

Eden -- I hope you reconsider. You're needed here to help others and all your friends will miss you.

Stay or at the very least think about it - we've all suffered enough losses in life, eh!

• Simon
    Simon
    and no moderator power do nothing about it

Correction: didn't do what you wanted which you were unclear about and didn't give me time. The world doesn't revolve around you the instant you snap your fingers. Sometimes I have other things to deal with than your issues but you couldn't be patient.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute
    I wonder if Simon and Vivianne are one and the same person?
  • WireRider
    WireRider

Simon?

My question was not Simon vs. Viv. I just thought it was unjustifiably short fused.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

0.001%

• millie210
    millie210

This makes me so sad to read Eden.

I guess you never knew how many of us here have been observing and the respect for you has grown proportionately.

If there is anything I could say or do to encourage you to reconsider please PM me.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Eden,

I've enjoyed your posts and consider you a thoughtful and considerate person. I can understand your position having seen a few of the exchanges, with some things said to you (and a number of others) being completely unacceptable in a public forum. Personally, I don't care what Viviane and those like her say or do; it's not my problem and I've learned not to let such people get me down or tell me what to do or think.

If you choose to leave, I respect your decision and wish you well. But I hope you change your mind and continue to contribute here. Ignore those who strive to knock you down to build themselves up; they will always be around. Stay for yourself and those who may benefit from your experience and emotional intelligence.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Hi Eden, Viviane comes across as smart and educated. Unfortunately that does not stop a person from acting like a jackass from time to time, and Viviane is no exception. Neither am I for that matter, and neither are you.

Without mentioning names, sometimes a time-to-time behavior becomes a modus operandi. Of course you know these things, and none of this is said to dissuade you from whatever you end up doing with your ability to participate here. I have no idea of the specific events you allude to and don't really care to know. My recommendation would be that you not let others decide how you're going to act, or when. If you feel like participating here do so. If otherwise then don't. In each case let it be on your terms and for your own reasons. When you happen to bump into an occasional or habitual jackass remember this: there is a reason they act like that, and often those reason are not very pretty.

As for Viviane, let him/her act as s/he wishes, and for his/her own reasons. Let readers decide what to make of it, which is how it should be and is for us all.

I don't recall whether you and I have ever swapped harsh words. Knowing my own ways, we probably have because I tend to be rather straightforward, and I'm no one's follower. If you decide not to participate I'll miss your contributions, and I'll miss that avatar of yours!

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    well said Marvin!
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Highly unlikely, for a host of reasons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit