Farewell

by EdenOne 104 Replies latest jw experiences

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    "Don't be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends." - Richard Bach

It's time to say farewell, friends.

It's been the ride of my life leaving the Jehovah's Witnesses, and this forum was a key factor from the very beginning, even before I realized that I was waking up, as a frightened anonymous lurker. Thank you Simon, for this great tool that has helped many on their journey out of the evil religion, into a life much more open, much more intelligent, much more rational, much more enjoyable. Thank you for all the support and the great learning experience. Both me and Mrs. Eden have a debt of gratitude to this place and its members.

I will not, however, be soiled and denigrated without a just cause by another member and no moderator power do nothing about it. It has been going on for too long, and to me, it ends here. I promised that unless there was a full retraction from Viviane only one of us would remain as a contributor to this forum. My attempts to sort out this situation discretely in private were to no avail, and so it's up to me to 'do what I have to do' and leave. Perhaps things would change after I leave; that would be nice. Or perhaps my departure will be utterly irrelevant. In that case, too bad. As I said before, I can't reconcile the paradox of struggling to leave an abusive cult only to be subject of abuse again in a forum whose aim is precisely to help those who leave the abusive cult.

I learned in this forum, sometimes painfully, to withstand robust criticism and challenges to my opinions and take it up as a grown up. It's a process, and I'm still in the process of learning to think in a healthy way. But I can tell the difference between that discussion of ideas, and bullying and insult. That's not admissible, not in my life, at least. Nor should any of you tolerate that either - remember where we came from.

I wish I could have met many of you in person. I wish we could have debated more. I wish we could have shared some drinks and some experiences. I wish I could have gotten to the end of my journey out of the JW Org and fill the questionnaire "Interview With an Apostate" and share my story. Alas, didn't happen. Who knows, someday. I apologize for things I might have said that were out of line. I wish everyone the best possible journey and all the happiness. Thank you for these three amazing years.

Eden

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

All the very best to you both, Eden, I'm also finding a better fit elsewhere. Good luck to all on your individual journeys!

Retro

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Good luck bud. My personal thought, leaving over an online tiff with another person is a bit meaningless when you and your experience could affect others for good. But in the end.....its your life.

Take care.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Where's elsewhere? And Eden your posts have helped many.
  • WireRider
    WireRider
    I wouldn't leave. Viviane is an ass that has no basis for any arguments. Every person that has a story to share to help others - one way or the other - has a valuable input. Everyone has input. When 99% of the people are on your side, it's still time to share.
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Viv is a bit of a bully. I thought about saying something about it in a post once but I knew that in the end she would tear me down until I was a crying.

I wish you the best!

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Don't leave we are in the arena of Ideas here!!
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Where's elsewhere?

He hasn't posted for years. New York, I think.

Eden can't you just ignore her? I'd prefer you stay.

• WireRider
    WireRider
    Good point. Experience to help others is invaluable.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Please don't go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit