Set the record straight!

by Colinconfused 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Colin confused

I went through what you are going through right now several years ago. I also said my goodbyes under a different forum name and earnestly wanted to be a practicing JW (I had faded for about 6 years at that point).

Over the years however, I would lurk back here due to some of the stuff emanating from Watchtower and eventually came back to this site.

Why?

Well.....when you bottle things up for so long, you just have to vent. You cannot open up your heart about your deepest thoughts to other JWs Because of the fear and guilt complex we experience. So to offload, you come here and speak your mind.

Note: I have a strong belief in God, but my views on scripture differ from Watchtower. I only attend the meetings now and again for purely social reasons because of family and friends.

Best of luck to you as do understand where you are coming from though.

UTC

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I would bet that someone discovered the dude on this site and he has had to backpedal and "reaffirm" his conviction for the GB/F&DS.

Let's face it, once one domino falls, you can't keep the others from following.

From now on, be more discreet. Do things like erase your internet history.

Good luck,

Doc

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I'm very happy to announce I have returned to healthful teaching of the Holy scriptures and I firmly believe that the Governing body of Jehovah's witnesses is the faithful slave.....Cc

I'm not a baptised JW and I've no fear of Disfellowshipping my post is genuine.....Cc

know that if I can turn things around then there's hope for all who come to there sence.....Cc

Friggin Priceless!!

The Watchtower is right.....But.

Can`t be bothered to be a Baptized JW.

Image result for Take my advice I`m not using it

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

cobweb

I'm retirement age and I've just left. I hated finding out TTATT. I was distraught. Some people will just want to return to their comfort zone even if it means returning to something that isn't the truth. You can reason with yourself so many ways. Perhaps it really is God's organization and all these terrible things are just Satan infiltrating it? Perhaps this is a real test of faith? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. You can see how people justify going back.

As Deegee says people are frightened. Heck, I'm frightened. I'm frightened every day.

Hopefully your relatives won't go back. You are perfectly right - research is the key.

But it's always going to be a battle and people can get talked back into it so easily because we want it all to be true, don't we?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Doubtfully Yours has said this kind of thing before. Pay no heed.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'm very happy to announce I have returned to healthful teaching of the Holy scriptures and I firmly believe that the Governing body of Jehovah's witnesses is the faithful slave.

Sounds like Colin just returned to the Commercialized false prophets organization known as the Watchtower Corporation.

Colin just made Satan the great deceiver smile.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

There have been a number of users on this forum lately, they have very low participation, create an account, post a few times and then state they returned to the JW organization.

They're trolls at best, maybe they are being pressured into posting if they want to be reinstated (eg. for family reasons)? Spirtjal wahfair!

• menrov
    menrov

I have difficulties to believe the OP. If one is really going back to the org, such a person would just go and fade from here. Why announce it? Attention? a Hoax?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

With much thought, research, study and logical examination I have come to a better understanding of my beliefs and where I stand on all these issues.

I'm guessing the research and study was done via the Societies literature rather than a thorough examination that included information from outside sources. I wouldn't even buy a new a new car based solely on the information provided by the manufacturer. To make a sound decision, I'd need information from outside sources that had no vested interest in the outcome of my decision.

Sorry if I have contibuted (contributed) to any kind of stumbling and know that if I can turn things around then there's hope for all who come to there sence. (sense)

To help undo the supposed damage you did to all those who read your posts on this forum, perhaps you could share exactly how you came to the conclusion that the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses are who they say they are. Even using their own literature, how does one possibly prove something so profoundly unprovable?

• jp1692
    jp1692
    CC: I firmly believe that the Governing body of Jehovah's witnesses is the faithful slave.

And I am sorry that you believe delusional nonsense and have abdicated thinking for yourself and turned your decision-making and personal responsibility to be an autonomous person over to seven uneducated and equally deluded fools.

What will you say to defend yourself when you're old and broke, the current GB members are all dead and Armageddon STILL hasn't come?

Will you ever be able to admit that you and they are wrong? Will you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit