Do the Elders know about this?

by meadow77 62 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

This picture is a reminder to all women:

WEAR YOUR BRA. Please.

Unless you have implants. Then you can hang the laundry from them, ala J Lo.

• Special K
    Special K

If these two tennis girls are J.W.'s . I would say they made alot more money at this than they would at pioneering.

I think too, she would be an inactive J.W., but maybe she just hasn't given up belief in God, as Jehovah, and considers herself to have a personal relationship with Jesus and God.

Who knows what goes on in their heads and what are they thinking.

Maybe these girls are like many of the ones on this forum, who play along at being a J.W. in order not to loose their family.. her mother.. in this instance.

We can only make guesses

Special K

• Maverick
    Maverick

First off I think the Williams Sisters have done a lot for women's tennis. As for the outfit, well, she IS young and from Southern Calif. I lived in North Long Beach for six years and went to a Hall not very far from where the girls grew up. My ex is a Calif Red Head. The J-duds in Florida used to call the Left Coasters JWW's,( Jehovah's Wild Witnesses!) I have a lady friend who is a dead ringer for Venus Williams and I think they are major babes. Big, strong, RICH! Puts no fear in me. Time to get my mountian climbing gear out!!!! Maverick

• wednesday
    wednesday

lol we used to call the Calif. jws, worldy witnesses, we here in the bible belt are so righteus, u know. lol

• rocketman
    rocketman

hey wednesday, I like that....we have jws and also wws.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    Take the 'zoomers' away and I'd swear she's "a man, Baby!"

Exactly what I was thinkin'.... Although....our Monk3y is purrrrrrrdier...... ESTEE

• wednesday
    wednesday
    hey wednesday, I like that....we have jws and also wws

rocketman, an elder i know told me the calif sistes are really babes, unlike us repressed people in the bible belt.

truly things did vay a bit from one area to another. Dancing was a no-no by th 70s here, and in many areas it was commonly done.

gawd, if only i had live in calif, i probly wouldn't have had half the problems i had.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I was a good looking 20 something in southern California in the 1980's. I was also from NJ. I was ridiculed about everything from the way i talked to how I dressed. In fact I was really given alot of $h!t about my clothes. I was told I 'dressed like a NYC model' and it was inappropriate for SoCal. I was told my skirts were TOO LONG! I was told by elders I could not wear colored tights or pantyhose---only beige. The pink or peach mini skirt double breasted suit with massive shoulder pads was the only acceptable clothing for a pioneer. I was told I would be raped for wearing light blue nail polish. One year i just gave up and bought a white disco-ish dress with a silver belt to wear to the Memorial and I was told by one prominent elders wife that I looked like 'The Shulamite Maiden'! I was accused of wearing a red dress and black pantyhose(oh horrors!) on an assembly part and I just happened to have pics of me in a cream colored dress in the beige panythose to prove otherwise. But I was actually taken to committee over these bullcrap 'scandals'. I was threatened more than once with being removed as a pioneer if I didn't start towing the fashion line. One elder told me to dress modestly like his wife, and i told him I was ashamed to even be seen with his wife. I felt terrible for the poor sister. The only thing that shut them up temporarily was when I asked them what they thought the sisters at Bethel wore if they didn't 'dress like they were from NYC'?

But at the same time, as soon as book study was over, the stereo came on and all the young people started dancing to Super Freak. My father got introuble because he took my sister and I to David bowie's china Girl concert at Anaheim Stadium and the reasn he got introuble was because the show was opened by the group called The Go-Gos...and it was rumored he had taken us to see go-go girls!

Wednesday, you didn't miss anything not being raised in Californication.

Ravyn

• Hamas
    Hamas

She is Serena Williams, tennis superstar !

Well, modest or not, I wouldn't say no. I would to her sister , ugh, but not her .

• pamkw
    pamkw

I've been laughing so hard at this thread I can hardly see. I would love to have her legs though.

Pam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit