Do the Elders know about this?

by meadow77 62 Replies latest jw friends

• meadow77
    meadow77

What kind of an example are we setting for young witness girls regarding modesty? I personally think she looks nice, although maybe she should try for some darker colors; but because of her JW affiliation, it justs makes one stagger at the double standards.

• metatron
    metatron

personally, it looks like she has some very nice double standards.

(rimshot)

metatron

• rocketman
    rocketman

One more example of the Williams sisters getting away with what hardly any jw teens could - provacative dress, in addition to: being heavily involved with "the world", having a "lucrative career" and being involved in organized sports (and this of course, at the highest level). I have no problem with Serena and Venus doing what they do. What I have a problem with is the double standard that is at work here.

Sure, one could argue that jw teens are not forbidden such things. But let's be realistic - many, many jw parents over the years have done just that, and so have elders by giving "counsel" to such young people and in many cases removing them from "privilages" because of such activities.. And the congregation passes a negative judgement on them as well. To me, that's forbidding it in all but the most absolute terms.

And I'm not saying that jws consider the Williams sisters as "fine examples". I doubt they'd get an assembly part, and probably would not be recommended for pioneering. But then again, who knows? Plus, their high-profile example is there for all to see, and I believe that highlights the double standard that exists.

• happyout
    happyout

SHE NEEDS A BRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happyout

• Odrade
    Odrade

Uggh! Yes, a bra, or tape or something. Think of where those things will be in another 10 years!

Odrade

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    personally, it looks like she has some very nice double standards.

(rimshot)

metatron

lmao

• Francois
    Francois

Happy, if she had on a bra, she'd be putting out eyes at a range of four feet. Best she just let 'em dangle.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Now, now. I'm sure this photo was taken at an assembly and she just is just exiting the stage after her part in the "Soddam & Gomorrah" drama. See, now doesn't that make sense? Now I'm off to see if I can help straighten out that nonsense over in the "Ghosts" thread.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

The Society has only one thing to say about that photo:

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

• what-now?
    what-now?

Take the 'zoomers' away and I'd swear she's "a man, Baby!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit