Do the Elders know about this?

by meadow77 62 Replies latest jw friends

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I saw an interview the other day before the award show where she is wearing that pink dress. Not only is it not attractive but she designed it. Seems that she is going to be selling her evening wear collection to upscale boutiques. GO FIGURE!!!!!!!! All I know is there is no way in heck any other young JW girls would get away with that kind of dress.

Leslie

• happyout
    happyout

"I was surprised at the crude language used by Brother Jah. Jehovah's people are careful to not use foul language and euphamisms common to worldly people. Methinks your useful habits are becoming spoiled by associating with us." written by Undercover

ROFLMAO!!! Yes, SOJ has said many times that s/he is here to "witness". Let's hope this is not the language s/he uses while in the door to door ministry.

I don't really think the Williams are ugly, per se, I just think they don't know how to make the most of their best qualities. No, really. Honestly. Isn't every woman beautiful in her own way?

Happyout (snickering just a bit)

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    she designed it

Ahhhhh! THAT explains it! She better not quit her day job.

Nina

• little witch
    little witch

I saw her on the late show the other night. She is quite charming.

She designs her own dresses, and has her own line, mostly this sorta thing, for hollywood elites, etc..

Also, I think the reason the dubs never publically reprove this type of celebrity, is because they are using them as examples of how ''allowing, and uncontrolling''they are...

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Well y'all can nitpick all you want.

All I can say is she's putting me in the mood for some hot chocolate.

Mike, reminding you that it's all pink inside!

• joelbear
    joelbear

If even a few witness kids are brave enough to follow their dreams after watching the Williams', its worth it.

• Pyrohectic
    Pyrohectic

Beautiful woman and dress.

But yeah, a bra would do wonders. I doubt the sisters are really that much into the organization. I never hear any concrete stories of them being baptized or anything. At the most all I heard was that Oracene studied, and then stopped.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Last year, after winning the US Open, Serena said that she was thankful to "Jehovah" for her win and all she had. I've read in Sports Illustrated that they were jws. If they are not, then why make it publicly known and why use the name Jehovah on the world stage? Certainly, they claim to be practicing jws. If they aren't, then they should not publicly declare affiliation with the religion, or at elast they should use some qualifying term, for instance that they study with the jws or something like that.

• Pyrohectic
    Pyrohectic

I've read many of those same articles, including one where Serena claimed that she(or "they") were "invincible"(re: their game) because they were Jehovah's Witnesses(groan), so I really don't put much stock in those. I personally just thing they gave a passing consideration to the religion and decided that they liked this aspect and that aspect. I just can't picture the two stopping at KH's during their tours, lol. I just think they're Graduates of the Michael Jackson School of Witnessing. On a side note, I'm big fans of theirs and I was horrified at the ignorant morons who harassed Serena at the French Open.

• meadow77
    meadow77

LMAO @ Wednesday's picture. All you guys were cracking me up!

To SOJ: I have read several articles with Venus and Serena where they profess to be active JW, talking about going door to door, and their refusal to donate blood. I guess no-one can be certain what their status is at this very moment, but in the recent past they have made no sevret that they are JW's and proud of it. I believe Venus even gave the credit for her and her siblings being so well behaved to being raised in tha troof.

All I was trying to point out, is that you can imagine the talks, meetings with elders, and gossip that would go on in middle America if one JW were to see another JW's active daughter out in public dressed like that. Furthermore I don't know many active JW girls who would believe that it is O.K. in the first place to leave the house in a dress like that.

Now, these are not my personal beliefs, but those of the JW's, and we all know they damn well enforce them on their members. Soooooo, if the Williams sisters are active JW's, why should their conduct and dress be inconsistant with that of any other rank and file member?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit