Williams sisters

by Phil 90 Replies latest jw friends

• amac
    amac
    Asleif, ignore AMAC. He is an apologetic. No matter what happened to you or anyone else, he can find a way to make it an isolated incident without seeing a pattern.

Ummmm, there WAS no pattern stated. Should we take a poll on how many people have been in a discussion with someone trying to get them to leave the WT and they threw the Williams Sisters or some other ruler bender they know in their face? And on top of that the apostate was stumped? I'm sorry, but you would have to be an idiot to get stumped by such an empty argument.

And nice job trying to pigeon hole me. That's great advice, if you don't like what someone says, just put a label on them and drop them in your ignore list. Why don't you go update your 80's hairstyle, and while you are sitting in the (apparently) Supercuts chair, try to come to the realization that you do not know everything.

• dedalus
    dedalus
    update your 80's hairstyle

I liked the 80's. Remember Andre Agassi's hair at the end of that decade?

Dedalus

• LDH
    LDH

LOL @ AMAC. Let's ask Larc if I have 80's hair. So sorry my picture doesn't do me justice.

Of course, I like your profile picture even better, Amac. You are a cipher, so it is appropriate to have a corresponding picture.

Prisca, mea culpa.

To the poster (can't remember) who asked if I work with the Williams girls--no no!!! I was saying I work with two active JWs that are hypocrites. Just today, one was saying how "fucking pissed off I am."

What a surprise! (not)

Lisa

• Phil
    Phil

For some reason my computer will not copy. My comment was in reply to your saying that the present tennis sport is "dull at the moment". I watch all the matches I can and it is far from dull. The depth of mens tennis is very extensive as indicated by Popp, the 290 something in the world almost winning the Wimbledon championship tournament. The thing that makes a sport like tennis dull is when a single person (as a pair in the case of the Williams') are so talented that it is dominated by so few. This is not intended to take away the talent and capability from the Williams'.

I started the thread because I was receiving conflicting information on whether all the Williams family or part are JWs. There still seems to be a conflict among the answers I have read so far. I could sum it up that they are going to continue to call themselves JWs to keep the family together because they are aware that if they are disfellowshipped they will be shunned by their mother which I assume is a staunch JW.

• LDH
    LDH
    they will be shunned by their mother which I assume is a staunch JW.

And just *HOW* do you know this? Do you have any proof that their mother is a JW? Do you know for a fact that their mother is a *baptized* JW ?!?!?!?!?!

Lisa

Seen it before Class

• dedalus
    dedalus

This is an example of the absolute mindlessness of some people on this forum.

LDH wrote:

It's not about "witness angst"--it's about the blatant hypocrisy which can potentially ensnare even MORE unsuspecting victims.

Labeling the Williams sisters "blatant hypocrites" seemed a bit extreme to me, so, after more discussion had transpired, I responded:

LDH, those quotes only tell me that the Williams sisters are Witnesses. We already knew that. The disparity between their public image and the strictures of their fundamentalist cult is a problem for Witnesses, maybe for them, but not for me! The most I would admit is that there is an apparent disparity. I would not therefore conclude them to be hypocrites. Rash judgment of individual character is one of the hallmarks of the religion I've abandoned.

It should be obvious to anyone who can read that I am talking about the attitude of certain posters toward the Williams sisters.

LDH responded:

PS--as for the "rash character judgement"--no, I've had the pleasure of working with these ladies on a daily basis for almost a year.

I would hardly call keen and repeated observation "rash character judgement"--but that's just me.

Here LDH is talking, not about the Williams sisters, but about some pain-in-the-ass Witnesses who, in fact, have nothing to do with the Williams sisters or even tennis. Her remark makes no sense at all, yet she feels smug and smart enough to add a good dose of sarcasm at the end.

This problem is endemic to the board, and I'm sick of it. TJ and LDH are so wrapped up in their idiotic insults to each other that neither can coherently follow the thread of the discussion (I no longer use the word "argument" -- on this board there is simply too much empty genuflection before that word).

Dedalus

• amac
    amac
    LOL @ AMAC. Let's ask Larc if I have 80's hair. So sorry my picture doesn't do me justice.

Why should I ask Larc? Is he a professional hair stylist or something? For all I know, he could have an 80's hair style too. You know, it's OK if you want to bring the 80's back...but to never leave in the first place, that's just tacky.

• teejay
    teejay
    TJ and LDH are so wrapped up in their idiotic insults to each other that neither can coherently follow the thread of the discussion. -- Dedalus

Not counting this post, please make note of the time (and date) my last contribution to this thread. Thank you.

This is an example of the absolute mindlessness of some people on this forum. -- Dedalus

Agreed.

• teejay
    teejay

>>>> I cannot stand the Williams sisters - everytime they go on court I support the opposing player. Why would anyone support them? Besides that they are totally boring to watch and sound like monkey's in heat... -- donkey

• Phil
    Phil

teejay:

Judging from your comment you don't sound too "supreme"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit