Williams sisters

by Phil 90 Replies latest jw friends

• dedalus
    dedalus

Stephanus,

Why should there be two sets of rules?

The rules are nonsensical, based on lies, and the ways they are "inculcated" are bizarre, even cruel. It's a religion of deprivation and the Williams have, in some way, escaped that, without being punished for it. Why is that a bad thing?

Dedalus

• LDH
    LDH
    Get over yourself, Joel.

Really, Teejay, why should he? Who died and made you king?

It's not about "witness angst"--it's about the blatant hypocrisy which can potentially ensnare even MORE unsuspecting victims. It's about "worldly" people identifying the ideal JW youth as Venus and Serena.

It's about the girls telling people they were 'devout'--when most of us know devout meant:

• no extra-curricular activities
    • no sports, and certainly not to the extremes Pops Williams took it
    • no skimpy clothing
    • pioneering "in the days of your youth"

The more JW kids are allowed or even encouraged to live this sort of double life--the fewer will see the need to leave this terrible organization.

The Williams sisters are having their cake and eating it too--while the average JW youth gets to spend hours selling books and magazines for a publishing company.

So please, get off your high horse.

Lisa

Let the doorknob hit you, Class

• teejay
    teejay

Get over yourself, Lisa.

>>> Let the doorknob hit you

After you.

• LDH
    LDH

Ad hominem attacks, Teejay, seldom are worth the reader's time.

Lisa

• teejay
    teejay

Don't start what you can't finish.

• LDH
    LDH

I like the way you avoid the issues and instead focus on attacking others.

Useless.

• teejay
    teejay

Go back and read my comments in this thread. You might find that it's others who have done the attacking. Maybe not.

• teejay
    teejay

>>> Really, Teejay, why should he? Who died and made you king?

You and I both know that joel has issues that are totally disconnected from the Williams sisters... that he's using them as a foil for what's really bothering him.

>>> It's not about "witness angst"--it's about the blatant hypocrisy which can potentially ensnare even MORE unsuspecting victims. It's about "worldly" people identifying the ideal JW youth as Venus and Serena.

Oh please! Somebody please spare me the drama!!

Will somebody please show me the hypocrisy that the Williams are guilty of? 'Cause I don't see it. Are Venus and Serena BAPTIZED JWs? Do you know it for a fact, Lisa? Or are you forming your opinion on HEARSAY? Or on the media? Yeah, they may say "Jehovah this, Jehovah that," but are they actually Jehovah's Witnesses?

Secondly, if you think they are anywhere near a viable threat to non-JWs, causing the average non-JW to think that they are typical witnesses... well... you really oughta quit. If anything, the Williams' will provoke nothing but confusion in the minds of most people who actually know JWs firsthand. "Why / how can the Williams play professional sports and my schoolmate can't even go out for glee club?"

>>> It's about the girls telling people they were 'devout'--when most of us know devout meant

Did / have the girls ever actually tell people they were devout or are you (again) assuming they did? And even if they did (which I seriously doubt), based on what you know... are they devout JWs? Going out in service? Studying for and attending the meetings? Eschewing non-JW association? Of course they aren't, and any/everyone who knows JWs KNOWS they aren't "devout." Except, it seems, one or two of the posters on this thread.

>>> The more JW kids are allowed or even encouraged to live this sort of double life--the fewer will see the need to leave this terrible organization.

You REALLY need to get a grip. So you think that other JWs look to the Williams as role models, eh? Sorta like they do Michael Jackson and Prince, huh? Whatever. I mean, if you really think there's a possibility of that then I'm scared for you.

>>> The Williams sisters are having their cake and eating it too

And I say, "More power to 'em. Go Venus and Serena!! Have y'all's cake and eat it too, baby!!!"

>>> --while the average JW youth gets to spend hours selling books and magazines for a publishing company.

And those "JW youth" are pleasing Jehovah in the process, aren't they?

>>> So please, get off your high horse.

Only if you get off yours first, woman.

• LDH
    LDH
    Secondly, if you think they are anywhere near a viable threat to non-JWs, causing the average non-JW to think that they are typical witnesses... well... you really oughta quit. If anything, the Williams' will provoke nothing but confusion in the minds of most people who actually know JWs firsthand. "Why / how can the Williams play professional sports and my schoolmate can't even go out for glee club?"

As you enjoy the solitary lifestyle of a delivery man, I'm in the trenches. I was planning to start a thread about some REAL drama at work, but since you asked, I will tell you what is happening.

I have an ACTIVE JW who works for me. (Had I known--but that's a different story).This person is actively engaged in adultery with a co-worker. This person drinks and hangs out on weekends with fellow co-workers. This person actually has the balls to "witness" to others --while carrying on this type of behavior. This person was bragging on Friday about the Williams sisters being JW.

I nearly vomit when this person is near me. The hypocrisy displayed makes me sick. This person does not know I am XJW; has no clue. I am not trying to get brought up on charges of religious intolerance at work.

It doesn't matter what the Williams say they are. The only thing that matters is public perception. The way the whole Venus/Serena issue is going down, it is making other XJWs look like the reason their parents didn't allow such behavior was their personal decision. This is a joke.

I actually asked (a set-up, for sure)--a co-worker, "Isn't worker A carring on an affair with worker B? I thought this person was a JW?!?!?!"

The answer I got? "Oh, that was when worker A wasn't so deeply involved in the religion. You know good @*#&$ will make you forget about Jesus for a while.Now they are trying to break it off."

So to this person, being a JW doesn't seem so bad. You can drink, get all the #*$& you want, hand out after work, swear, etc etc. And Jehovah of the WT will still love you.

If you think that's ok, that's your problem.

Joel is not the only person here who has problems. You have no right picking on him. At all. Tell me one time he's said something mean to you or anyone else. You are a playground bully. And not even a good one.

Lisa

Loves Joel just the way he is Class

• teejay
    teejay

>>> As you enjoy the solitary lifestyle of a delivery man, I'm in the trenches.

What I do for a living is at issue, now? Oh my... you ARE upset!

And when you said you were in the trenches, I was all set to hear some inside information about the Williams sisters. You know... the TOPIC OF THIS THREAD, not some lame JW gossip. My bad. In the future I'll have a better idea what to expect from you.

>>> I have an ACTIVE JW who works for me. This person is actively engaged in adultery with a co-worker....

Ooooo!!! And that has exactly WHAT to do with Venus and Serena? Or should we hold against them the misdeeds of every JW alive on earth?

>>> It doesn't matter what the Williams say they are. The only thing that matters is public perception.

Uh huh. Riiiight!! I'm beginning to see your (warped) viewpoint, now. Would you care if I shared my "public perception" of you? oh. That's what I thought.

>>> If you think that's ok, that's your problem.

When did I say that any of your gossipy bullshit was okay? And this, again, has WHAT to do with THE WILLIAMS SISTERS?

>>> Tell me one time he's said something mean to you or anyone else.

I can. Believe me. Would it make a difference? But I digress...

Joel was being unfair toward Venus and Serena. You know... the topic of this thread? It was not the first time. He has made unkind statements about others as well, including me. Joel is not above reproof just because he's gay or has problems. You aren't above reproof, either, Miss In The Trenches. LOL!! :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit