Williams sisters

by Phil 90 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Prisca, I know you're defending TJ because he's defended you in the past, but believe me--he can handle himself. But to answer your questions.

• everyone knows that delivery people deliver things. It is not a shock. I would NOT expect TJ to have continued interaction during his work with ANYONE on the JW subject unless he chose to.
    • I, on the other hand, have the unfortunate task of listening to two blithering idiots during my 10-hour day who enjoy making up LIES and HYPOCRITICAL remarks concerning the lifestyle of JWs. "Well, yes, we have parties." "Well our young people are encouraged to live a balanced lifestyle" and trying very hard not to vomit.
    • I have very carefully brought up the subject with said nitwits, namely Serena running around the court with a flag, only to be told "It was probably a contractural agreement that she couldn't get out of." I'm honored to be blessed with the daily company of two of the most hypocritical evil people I've ever known, and damnit it's a GOOD reminder of why I'm not JW.
    • I find TJ to be attempting to walk a very fine line between Grand Old Board Patriarch dispensing Timely Pearls of Wisdom and outright hater of JWs/ Mr. Peripatetic --- and I have to wonder, is he keeping one foot in because of his wife and does it color his views?

All of this aside, I could care less whether S. or V. are baptized. And I have to say the finals at Wimbledon SUCKED. No life, no expression from either. Venus making it all the way to the finals with her injured hamstring and then, surprise, it bothers her and she stops play for a while. Is she becoming the black Tonya Harding, or what? The best part was laughing at their Ghetto-Wack-Ass mother in the stands.

Asleif, ignore AMAC. He is an apologetic. No matter what happened to you or anyone else, he can find a way to make it an isolated incident without seeing a pattern.

And lastly, to TJ who thinks I'm jealous. Have you ever seen a picture of me? They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Lisa

Explainer Class

• LDH
    LDH

PS--as for the "rash character judgement"--no, I've had the pleasure of working with these ladies on a daily basis for almost a year.

I would hardly call keen and repeated observation "rash character judgement"--but that's just me.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    I am a Jehovah's Witness~~ Serena Williams --06-2003

www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/ 2003-06-10/200306101054937676751.html

I know damn well in the JW publications there is much to be said about claiming to be a JW and not following the their rules. Something about keeping the congregation clean. Now if things have changed since I was in then I am wrong.

I could give a shit less that they are "stars", great tennis players that they are, its the hypocrisy that irritates me. They have every right to be so and I applaud they for where they are. But when other children are not allowed to do as these girls are because Jehovah wants to have them worship for him then there is where the problem lies.

• Cassiline
  • LDH
    LDH

Ahhhh but Cassi, in order for Serena's statement to matter to TJ and others, she would have had to say,

"I am a baptized Jehovah's Witness"---just saying she is a Jehovah's Witness doesn't count. LOL.

Lisa

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me Class

• Prisca
    Prisca
    Prisca, I know you're defending TJ because he's defended you in the past,

Correction:

I am not "defending" TJ or anyone else for that matter. TJ is perfectly capable of defending himself, as he is demonstrating here.

I was just wondering why you had to bring TJ's profession into the discussion. If I didn't know you better, I would have thought you were acting like a snob.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

How do we know they have not been hauled into JC meetings? Why would we even know that? They are far from being the first celebs to also be JWs. They just happened to be in the spotlight now.

There is a brother in my congregation who is an agent for JW celebs and JW wanna-be celebs. There are many in the industry and have been for years and years, they just are not all famous.

I would guess that if the twins are baptized, then they probably have their share of JC meetings. I seriously doubt though they are expected to wear long underwear on the tennis court. What they are doing in a few years from now might say a lot about how devout they are. MJ was finally put in the position to make a choice and he did. He is still planning to live forever though, JW or not. He said so on public TV and I heard him say it.

• dedalus
    dedalus
    PS--as for the "rash character judgement"--no, I've had the pleasure of working with these ladies on a daily basis for almost a year.

You work with the Williams sisters? The ones you called blatant hypocrites?

Dedalus

• dedalus
    dedalus
    You are obviously not a tennis player.

Why do you say this, Phil? By the way, remarkable contribution to the discussion you started!

Dedalus

• donkey
    donkey

LMAO @ LDH

I cannot stand the Williams sisters - everytime they go on court I support the opposing player. Why would anyone support them? They are effectively a marketing campaign for the WTBS and send the message: "Look we have normal people in our religion and look how successful people can be when they apply our teachings in their lives".

Besides that they are totally boring to watch and sound like monkey's in heat with all the noise they make on the court. Now their Dad...I love him - he is the only Williams with any balls or character - I salute him for standing up to the world and proving his point.

Jack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit