What was the biggest thing that convinced you that

by Ponyo 72 Replies latest jw experiences

• Onager
    Onager

What was the biggest thing that convinced me that the Truth was not the truth?

FACTS! :)

If you have a moment, please look up a youtube video titled: "Bertrand Russell - Message To Future Generations."

it is a wonderful summary of how to approach your question and, indeed, all questions.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Lots of small things built up over the years but ultimately, the 'overlapping generations(tm)' proved finally, that it was just all nonsense.

At first, I thought the 'demons(tm)' had infiltrated the Governing Body.

Later I realised there's no such thing as gods and demons. It was all just a corporate scam.

• TD
  • My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Among other things, the “overlapping generations” did it for me.

• JRK
    JRK

For me, it was finding out that the organization was an NGO for the United Nations for ten years. They quit when they got caught and made up a cockeyed story about needing a "library card."

JK

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I had these nagging questions, while still a devout JW.

Why is it that so many good people out there not accepting the teachings of JWs.

1. Will every non JW good soul be destroyed at Armageddon. My mother in law is a good protestant christian but never accepted the Watchtower teachings at all. I could not accept that she would be killed in Armageddon.
    2. Noah's flood. How can so many fit into the ark ? The flood waters covered the highest mountains - Mt Everest. That means Noah's cruise club inside the ark should have had Oxygen masks to breathe at such an Altitude.

And then came the 607 BC investigation which started off everything, followed by the blood fractions, Organ transplants, vaccinations, Beth Sarim, Generations... truck load of Failed prophecies, self righteousness of the GB... UNO Secret tie and plastering when caught, Finally the truth has set me free.

• Ding
    Ding

Doctrinal tapes of Walter Martin and the Cetnars.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

The claim of being identified as true followers because of the quality of love and the complete lack of love shown to those they were supposed to preach to, to outsiders in times of disaster, to those people that were depressed or lowly in the Kingdom Hall, to those that erred or chose a different path, etc. Their "love" is actually control at best, shallow and conditional. They're narcissists.

That was the first thing. Then I came here and researched things and realized the religion was just a cult built on lies. Then I looked into the Bible itself and found the same. I had no intention of becoming an atheist, I simply saw no viable alternative for me and my journey. Others vary, and that's cool too.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    • Trying to find the overwhelming evidence in support of direct creation (and a 6000 year age of mankind). Came up empty. If not even JW literature - supposedly written under direction of the Creator himself - can present any decent evidence for creation, what argument do they have? All they try to do try to discredit evolution....
    • In the process, discovering that Watchtower are deceitful, lying summabitchez who seem to be incapable of honestly presenting evidence that seems to contradict their beliefs. They also severely misrepresent scientist's views by selectively quoting out of context. There is not a single decent quote in the 7questions about life brochure. Lying motherf.....I'm still really pissed about that. If they'd be honest enough to say 'listen up guys, those science people have really strong looking arguments we can't refute, but they are with Satan....and we have the Bible and we believe our interpretation of Genesis is much better than what most other Christians believe....so yeah uhm just repeat after us: evolution is false, creation is true' they'd be ridiculous but honest at least. Now they're just ridiculous.

So yeah them lying summabitchez.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Well, I was "triggered" (TM Phizzy) by the money grab, and that followed on to "The BIGGEST step, .... to allow myself to start investigating the faith..." (TM Stuckinarut).

That led on to learning about the sex abuse,....... the list is very long. But the trigger came from the Borg itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit