Greenlees & Chitty -- Some Sources

by AlanF 98 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• garybuss
  • deeskis
    deeskis

Thanks for posting this alan

I've been following this with interest as it has personal significance for me.

I wondered whether anyone had spoke to Ray Franz about this. Just finished reading COC and he did drop a little hint in that book.........he was deploring the fact that some disfellowshipped "apostates" had been branded homosexual by the rumour mill. He speculated that these rumours started because a bethel heavyweight had recently been dismissed for homosexual tendencies.

Just wondered if anyone had gotten his angle on this, as he speaks warmly of leo greenlees elswhere in his book. I know he has replied to emails from many xjw's

best wishes

D

• AlanF
    AlanF

In my experience, Ray's general take on Greenlees is "why is anyone bothering about this?" I once asked him about it, and he was extremely brusque in dismissing my questions. I think he's in denial.

AlanF

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

What is this all about? True or not?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

What is this all about? True or not?
    Alan F is a very credible poster. I'd trust what he reports. He checks his sources. We miss him... -Aude.

• jaz
    jaz

I grew up in the London Wembley congregation where Ewart Chitty served as an elder towards the end of his life. Since he was one of the "anointed", he used to give the memorial talk each year until his health gave out. I never heard any rumours of his homosexuality at the time, but I remember an air of mystery about why he left the GB.

I don't remember when he arrived in Wembley, but he was put up in a flat in Harrowdene Road and cared for by a special pioneer couple (ex India missionaries) who lived with him. One day, when kicking a ball back to a child in the street, he fell down and broke something. He had to move into a care home and died shortly afterwards.

I was troubled for some time after that by the thought of him watching my 'secret sins!'

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I thought this was a good thread to BTTT.....after it was mentioned on another thread!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Back in the day, nearly 7 years ago now, when I was lurking on this board, I used to print out threads for my active JW wife Nina to read over breakfast. This thread, more than any other, made the biggest impact on her.

I think she showed it to her father who also read it.

AlanF is one of the most credible people I've ever met. Just don't ever try to pinch him.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

it seems just like yesterday we were reading Alans posts. It was good to see brought back for discussion, probably alot of the newer ones on the board don't even know about this subject so it was a great idea to show again.

thanks

Orangefatcat

• dissed
    dissed

Okay, I'm bringing this back. Yes its new to me but explains something I heard 33 years ago.

While camping with two Canadian families, both well-founded in the JW's. They shared one evening a story about "Percy's boy's". One of the fathers, an Elder noticed my amazement, and said it was only hearsay, but his wife said, "That's not what you told me," and laughed.

The point is, it was common knowledge to the JW's, in the know, from Toronto.

Now, this all makes sense to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit