badboy

A BLAST FROM THE PAST!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Agreed.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Interesting post, Alan.

Homosexuality does exist in the organization from the top-down, although closeted, and I have seen much evidence to suggest it.

An elder in the congregation of my youth was in his late 60's, had been in the organization most of his life and had never once been married. He was an airline ticket agent at the San Diego Airport and lived alone his entire life (as far as I know) until he asked my best friend, William, to move in. William was 18 at the time and new to the organization. Nothing happened that I know of, but William sometimes made statements to me about the elder like, "Wxxxxx is strange", or "Wxxxxx gets a little weird sometimes". I would ask him what he meant, but he would never eloborate.

I also use to attend a book study in the home of two elderly sisters who had lived together for years and years. The "dude" of the two always came to the Kingdom Hall in pants and a lined flannel coat, and was very butch. The other wore dresses most of the time.

There were also all sorts of rumors going around the congregation about this young brother spending the night over at that young brother's house and he tried something funny with him . . . etc. There were a few instances I can remember.

It is a shame that gays are not understood or accepted in the organization. What trouble and heartache is brings to those unable to be themselves . . . as they live their lie.

Corvin

• TonyT
    TonyT

A belated thanks to Alan for another well researched, informative post.

In the future can you avoid using the word glean?

• waiting
    waiting

Ahhhhhhhhh, the good ol' days. Thanks for bringing it back up.

A young man moved into Myrtle Beach, SC after directly leaving Bethel. A handsome, pig-headed, JW Manly type of person. Monty something. He's an elder down there now, married to a sister named Melanie (from Sumter.) with 2 kids.

Anyway. Monty was a homophobic......made fun of them any time he could. In fact, he made sooooo much fun of them, the old saying came to mind "methings he protests too much" He'd pretend acting like his impression of them - to the point of one asking...."why do you enjoy doing that soooo much?"

He would go on and on and on about all the open gays & closet gays up at Bethel. In fact, he related a story about a friend of his who had roomed with the same young man for two years. The roommate finally confided in him that he was gay. Absolutely nothing had transpired between the two men (according to the straight guy). The outraged straight guy beat the hell out of the gay.

When the straight guy was called before this old man in charge for an explanation - the guy told him he found out his roommate was a "fag." Old man's response? "I would've beat the shit out of the fag too." The gay was made to leave in disgrace. The straight stayed.

This was back in the early 90's.

waiting

• minimus
    minimus

Mulan, thanks for posting this excellent link! It's worth re-reading again!!

• toreador
    toreador

Mulan didnt even post on this thread

• gumby
    gumby

He didn't say she did bro, he just mentioned she supplied a link.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/82125/1341671/post.ashx#1341671

Gumby

• toreador
    toreador

Ahhh, silly me. Now I get it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit