Greenlees & Chitty -- Some Sources

by AlanF 98 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Maximus
    Maximus

You will find that Ray will simply not discuss anything that even borders on titillation; that's a personal boundary he has drawn. Let me be quick to note this is not some kind of supercilious condescension; it's just not the way Ray is wired. Call him a gentleman, or Christian to a fault, that's just the way he is.

So we all know Howard Zenke, eh? He's now a fixture closing on 50 years, I believe, so we may have several generations here.

Let me repeat Joel's observation, which I underscore mightily based on my own many decades of oversight. I've been "father confessor" to many such individuals as Joel describes above, for whom I have a great deal of affection. Some have been able to sort out their feelings successfully, a few with help have accepted their nature, others still struggle with needless guilt that no one on earth has so far been able to assuage.

Joel wrote:

"I would not be surprised to find that the bethel and pioneer ranks hold a higher than average percentage of innately homosexual men since many homosexual men choose a religious life in order to cope with the guilt they feel from being homosexual or to try to gain the good grace of god through hard work and thus be rewarded by being changed."

He's absolutely right, as anyone with experience will attest.

Interestingly enough, that latter category has greatly diminished, as men are more exposed to information about the nature of homosexuality--they don't need to seek refuge in pioneering, it seems to me. What troubles me deeply still is the number of young men who border on suicide, and some who lose their life as the result of moralizing elders who pretend to understand what they don't.

It's about as stupid as an elder who, faced with a 10-year-old boy's assertion of molestation, says "we need to look to the Word as our guide. The Bible says: 'Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a boy.'" It's in the book. Aaaarrrggghh!

Joel, I never did get back to you, but I want you to know I did visit the your site, and I feel your concept of Lifeism is wonderfully affirming in my view and many others whom I've spoken to. I've put out the Walter Wink material on this board, which is not an apology but rather a look that represents a view of many trained scholars.

The name, BTW, is Kalandros. Nick. I've heard all SORTS of stories of things that occurred without anyone saying a word, during the night, "sleeping." Funny that kind of nonsense was accepted from males, but pity the poor female who did not SCREAM loud enough. Catamites for God, so that someone might not have to leave His house, Beth-El.

Maximus

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I was in Bethel from 1974(Nov.) to 1976(June) I left on the Mayflower (as they called it).

And I remember there was a big scandle I think in 1975 but I can say for sure right now but if I had a couple of days to try to remember I would know for sure.

Nathan Knorr I think, still had his complete power then. And he spoke to all us boys on the nightshift durring our breakfast, as well as the on the day shift workers breakfast. He ran on and on naming some names like our asistant floor overseer last name Sargeant I think,and Knorr went on and on about this guy telling how evil he was and how he used his cunning on his pray. And the suana was mentioned along with massage.

This guy even did try something on me but he was too slick, he didn't get very far because I don't for that stuff, but it wasn't enough for me to know for sure he was, but when the story came out of Knorrs mouth I had no doubt he was gay.

Anyway I do know a little more but that all for now.

I'll defend your right to say it, but it doesn't mean I beleive it.

• waiting1
    waiting1
    He mentioned to the whole body how a brother in the circuit, roomed at bethel with some one high up in the organization and when he was sleeping the person had anal sex with him, while the brother claims he continued to pretending he was asleep and never turned him in.

According to Callandros it only happened once and the brother (the one who committed the act) had died still in good standing with the WT. - Winston

Funny that kind of nonsense was accepted from males, but pity the poor female who did not SCREAM loud enough. -Maximus

Thus, proving again, that the Bible and the Watchtower think of women as second class, low humans, nearly refuse.

A young man used to work for us who had just come home from Bethel, about 1985 (been there several years) handsome, very *manly* - even redneck. All kinds of the usual drinking, partying, etc., stories. But he had a *thing* about homosexuals, would imitate them in cruel jest almost constantly. We'd tell him to stop, ignore him, whatever. Then I started telling him about the old saying; "Methinks he protests too much." - and what it implied about him. He shut up.

One story he laughingly told about Bethel was that his roommate had had another roommate before his arrival. He had beaten the young man so badly - the boy had ended up in the infirmary, and was then sent home.

The beater? Well, he had to go to the brother who oversaw such things, an elderly brother. When asked why he beat the young man up, the roommate said: "Here I had been rooming with him for a year and he finally decides to tell me he's a fag."

The older brother laughed and said, "If I had been rooming with a fag for a year and didn't know it, I'd beat the hell out of him too." The beater was never disciplined any further.

waiting

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Maximus You make a very clear point.

The name, BTW, is Kalandros. Nick. I've heard all SORTS of stories of things that occurred without anyone saying a word, during the night, "sleeping." Funny that kind of nonsense was accepted from males, but pity the poor female who did not SCREAM loud enough. Catamites for God, so that someone might not have to leave His house, Beth-El.

Maximus

That is a good point the Society is so full of doubble standards and what's really good is that it came from you Maximus a man and not a women I feel makes the point even louder.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Second hand story from an elder I useD to be freinds with in San Deigo.

This brothers younger brother was in Bethel at the time (90-95?) and told him this story:

A brother had a roomate who got caught being gay, and when caught he turned in his roomate(claims not gay) and said they were having sex.

The so-called false accused brother then proceeded to brake his roomate's arm and forced his roomate to tell the investigating brothers it was all a lie.

Then after it was all over and he was not going to get kicked out of bethel Dan Sydlick congradulated the young brother and said "Oficially that was not right, but unofficially nice going"

THIS IS TRUE, AS THATS HOW I REMEMBER THE STORY,

• Maximus
    Maximus

For the benefit of those who do not know. Dan Sydlik is involved with the Personnel Committee.

He is one of the GOVERNING BODY.

Nice going, Dan. Way to practice Christian principles. You tell those elders how to act! Set the example! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge!

Do you get it? This is the wise old saint who sets the CHILD ABUSE POLICY.
    Do you really trust him to get it right?

Maximus

• Maximus
    Maximus

A little righteous indignation never hurt anyone.

Could you tell I was royally ticked off in that last post to this thread?

Max

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

To be totally honest when under mind control I saw it as perfectly normal and OK!

I don't beleive I just wrote that.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I have in my possession (somewhere) a copy of Leo Greenlees obituary that appeared in the paper. It is stuck in the pages of one of my hundreds and hundreds of books, but when I find it, I will post it on the Board.

One thing that it definitely said was....."He was loved by all those he touched." I'm not kidding, that is just how it was printed! I'll bet he was!

Outaservice (but still counting my time)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Maximus,

When you said, "...You will find that Ray will simply not discuss anything that even borders on titillation..." did you mean Ray Franz, or is Room215 named Ray? I'm also curious if you meant that an account of what happened in the spring of 1969 in Bethel is something that "borders on titilation". To me it is part of the history of this pretentious organization. I have trouble understanding how protecting the false "governing body" is a service to anyone. To me, that WOULD be "being Christian to a FAULT," perhaps even cowardly.

I'm not interested in the names of any of the Bethel 'boys" who were ousted in 1969, but I am interested in the events that precipitated their dismissal and in the quality of justice that they got.

Seems a bunch of us DO know Howard Zenke. The worst thing I could say about him is that he was capable of being quite the unfeeling Theocrat in his treatment of people and families in distress. In one situation that we discussed, he told me that if a certain party in the congregation wanted to commit suicide, that was their decision.

I was just a guy in his Queens NY congregation, not a "man of priviledge," certainly not someone he would choose to spend his free time with, just an ordinary publisher.

Maximus, I'll be you know Mike Smilnak too!

"I don't believe in the Trooth Fairy anymore."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit