On Blaming God...

by AGuest 135 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rem
    rem

That's got to be one of the most stupid definitions of faith I've ever heard. You might as well say:

Faith is to believe in Zeus. I suppose that the virtue of that would be that by believing Him, we don't run into the error of calling him a liar. It doesn't seem to be a mystery at all.

rem

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

If you don't believe...fine with me. But I know for a fact that my specific prayers have been answered. Some down to the letter. My question was about blaming God, not "Is there a God". I think you guys stumbled on to the wrong thread. Oh and thanks for all your positive and comforting remarks. With friends like you, who the hell needs enemies. Right?

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Hi JR!

"GOD IS"

• DJ
    DJ

Such malice... nice...

• rem
    rem

Malice: A desire to harm others or to see others suffer; extreme ill will or spite.

Nope, just calling a spade a spade.

rem

• DJ
    DJ

rem,

You are the spade for changing my quote. I am fully aware of the "zeus theory" and have fully examined it. Please don't bore me with your nonsense and I won't bore you with what you deem as foolishness. Get a life or a wife or something..

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    If you don't believe...fine with me. But I know for a fact that my specific prayers have been answered. Some down to the letter.

DJ and JR

Since it seems you both have faith that there is a God who answeres such prayers could you please explain why some prayers do not get answered? Please do not say that the person who was praying had no "faith" and or asked things which were outrageous.

Lets pretent for arguments sake this was a sinless child (as defined by mans law not Gods) who had faith, was "saved" and begged their god for help in stopping a molester.

I have heard the argument that god works in mysterious ways, or that his ways are not to be known or revealed when he believs necessary.

Why would God answer a prayer for money which I have read one too many times in religious handouts why would he ignore the child who was beaten to within an inch of his life and sexually molested for years?

• DJ
    DJ

Cass,

The sufferings endured in this life are not eternal.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

DJ

I am not sure if there is more to your reply other then the word. "Cass" if there is I am unable to see it.

Cassi

• wonderer2003
    wonderer2003

“His work is perfect, For all His ways are just; a God of faithfulness and without injustice, righteous and upright is He," [Deut. 32:4. NT]

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." [Isaiah 45:7. NT]

Which of these God's do you have FAITH in?

If it is so much a matter of fact for you privilledged folk, then why is it called it a faith?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit