On Blaming God...

by AGuest 135 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby
    look... to Christ. That One said and did NOTHING of his own initiative... but just as the FATHER taught him... he did.

Then why should I look to Jesus if he had to look to his father? I'll just do what he did and ask the father and bypass Jesus

BTW Shelby.....you know it wasn't religion and their teachers, nor the dubs and it's teachings, that made me a non-believer.

Gumby

• AGuest
    AGuest
    So...what, this makes your belief i god more valid? Even moses got angry w/ God, & argued w/ him. So?

I don't think Dedalus was referring to my position on this... as much as he was referring to my writing style. It is to that that I responded. But then, you knew that, didn't you?

Beginning Fictional Writing, and Advance Fictional Writing.Perhaps this is what you are writing?

It is not, but if you wish to "see" it that way... who am I to "open" your eyes? Had I not revealed having taken such courses, would that have changed your perception? I don't think so... because regardless of how I "say" it... and regardless of my personal background, it would all be "fiction" to you, anyway. But that is your concern... not mine.

Peace to you.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Then why should I look to Jesus if he had to look to his father?

Because he was the One appointed... the "copper serpent" that has been "lifted up"...

I'll just do what he did and ask the father and bypass Jesus

Okay, whatever "floats" YOUR "boat." However, if you think that will work, I must warn you: it will put you in the position of being a "thief"... and a "plunderer" - John 10:1-8; John 14:6

BTW Shelby.....you know it wasn't religion and their teachers, nor the dubs and it's teachings, that made me a non-believer.

Do I know what it was, dear Gumby? Truly, I cannot recall...

Peace to you! Now, get off the computer and go outside and get some SUNSHINE! Have a GREAT weekend, dear 'Gumb!!!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

AGuest, you remain..... nuttier than a fruitcake and perhaps the most arrogant human I have ever crossed paths with.

• gumby
    gumby

Shelby.....quit trying to run me off into the sunshine just so you won't loose this argument damn it!

Okay, whatever "floats" YOUR "boat." However, if you think that will work, I must warn you: it will put you in the position of being a "thief"... and a "plunderer" - John 10:1-8; John 14:6

The last "theif" I remeber Jesus talking to got to go to paradise with him. I'm stickin with the "theif" deal.

Gumby

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun
    Because, dear Orbit... God... is only responsible... for the former. While it is true that He "created" chaos... He did so for HIS purpose. It is our misuse of it... as well as the Adversary's... that has led us here.

If there is a God, It can't be selective about what It is responsible for. If God exists, God is solely responsible for everything. I do not believe in God, I believe autonomous beings are responsible for their own behavior.

• gumby
    gumby
    perhaps the most arrogant human I have ever crossed paths with.

You actually were out walking where shelby walks and passed her? Whats she look like?

Gumby

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hmmmm...

"Arrogant" - Full of or due to unwarranted pride and self-importance; overbearing; haughty...

"Overbearing" - Acting in a dictatorial manner; arrogant; domineering

"Haughty" - Having or showing great pride in oneself and DISDAIN, CONTEMPT or SCORN... for others.

Well! I am sorry you believe me to be those things, dear 6-'O-9. There was a time when I would have thought your perception most disturbing... and would have beaten myself up trying to change it: "Please, oh, please, Six... don't think that about me!" Now... I have no such... ummmm... "care"... for your perception... is false:

1. The ONLY things I take pride in... and I believe it is QUITE "warranted"... (1) is that I was/am a good mother and have raised two GREAT human beings... and (2) that I have done fairly well in school (I LOVE school! Phoey, on the WTBTS for trying to instill a fear of education in us!). My pride in these things is not false or "unwarranted"... because there are tangible RESULTS... evidence: my two great kids... and my grades.

I also have a little bit of feeling of "self-importance" with regard to the first item, being a mom, because I worked HARD at it. Omigod, I worked, worried and sweated... and denied myself for 25 years... to ensure my children had a decent chance. I did not go to school until my youngest had done 2 years of college himself! And my... devotion to raising decent people... has paid off - they are GREAT... they truly are GOOD people. (Okay, I know I most probably shouldn't boast because all I did is what I should have done... been a good mom... but DANG it feels GOOD! My humblest apologies, then!)

2. Perhaps you mistake my CONFIDENCE... and boldness... for dominance, even dictatorial-ness (is that a word?). But I am NOT confident - you have no idea how much "quaking" I do when I come here - LOL! You have NO idea how many times I open and thread and say... "What am I supposed to SAY? I don't know the answer to that!" But then, it is given me, so that I know what I know... and from whom I know it. And that would make it easier for ANYONE to say whatever they have to say, with confidence... including you.

3. As for haughtiness... I think even you know better than that one.

Peace to you, dear, DEAR 6-'O-9. Peace... and have a WONDERFUL weekend!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

SJ - "Okay, whatever 'floats' YOUR 'boat'."

Gumby - "I'm stickin with the "theif" deal."

SJ - "Gumby, row the boat a-shorrrreee... hallelooooooo... JAH! Gumby, row the boat a-shore... hallelooooooo... JAH!

Peace, dude!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest
    If there is a God, It can't be selective about what It is responsible for.

It would seem to ME... that if there IS a God... He can be... and/or NOT be... whatever HE wishes. I mean, since He is God and all... and thus, the One who sets up the "rules". Right?

If God exists, God is solely responsible for everything.

Well, that's one woman's opinion. Mine would be that as God... He can designate responsibility to and hold accountable whomever He wishes. But that is MY opinion... and I do not think that OUR... opinions... count. We shall have to see, yes?

I do not believe in God

And that is enitrely YOUR... CHOICE.

I believe autonomous beings are responsible for their own behavior.

And yet, they keep blaming God. Ah, well... may the day come when we DO take responsibility for our own behavior. So far, we seem to be having a lot of trouble in that area.

Peace to you, dear Orbit!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit