On Blaming God...

by AGuest 135 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Ya'll have called me everything from crazy to my Lord knows what.

Yes well Shelby, I think JT calls that "calling a spade a spade". Here are your words:

...the voices you hear are they just pleasant or is it annoying frightening at times?

I hear many. I listen to one.

There is one that tries to frighten, because he just thinks that for the most part we are ALL quite stupid and weak and will give in to fear, if not selfishness. So, from time to time, he tries to use fearful things. But that doesn't work with me anymore... so he has not used such a tactic in quite some time. Years, actually. He feels that as a spirit being, he himself is quite superior to us... that earthling man primarily a "joke", in general. There are many among them that feel this way and because they ARE powerful, use every means to exploit those they consider "weak"... us... humans... every second of every day. And unwittingly, most of us let them; in fact, many of us play along. And it is all quite a humorus joke to them.

It is worthy to note, however, that they... are the minority. So many more of them are NOT like that and are, in fact, "rooting" for us. THEY know what happened, how we came to BE "weak"... Adam... and they empathize with us. That is why they have no problem helping out when they are asked to... when they are sent. Because they are spirits, they are sometimes allowed to see past our flesh, to our spirit, if JAH permits. They have no problem being in subjection to Him... or being fellow slaves of US... because they, too, love.

would you like to keep hearing these voices or would you be happy if they stopped?

I am quite fine with them as they are, and cannot imagine my life with such... silence. I have no objection to any of them, for by means of them I have come to know a great many things (i.e., how they TRULY are, how they feel... about us and other things... what THEIR hearts are like, and more). For the most part, spirit beings are... wonderful. They are not like us at all, but quite "clean"... which means they do not have hatred IN them... for anyone. In fact, MOST of them exist... for the very purpose of serving God, Christ... and us. And they carry that existence quite willingly... happily.

It is the few who think us an error... and themselves the "superior" creation... who are the trouble. THEY think that THEY should "inherit" the kingdom... and not weak, sickly, hateful man. They are of the wicked "princes" of the spirit world... the wicked spirit forces... those given "principalities" over which they were to watch and serve. Public servants. But rather than remaining servants... they wish to BE served... by means of their perceived superiority.

Fortunately, they are not superior to the SON... and that one bought US... those of us who wish to BE repurchased... the One who WILL inherit the kingdom... and has lovingly and graciously offered to share that kingdom with US. Since WE belong to HIM... if we indeed DO... and HE is stronger and superior to THEM... THEY... have NO power over us.

I love the voice of my Lord... and even though my flesh sometimes grows weary at the response I receive from earthling man when I share what I hear... I cannot imagine NOT wanting to hear it.

May you have peace.

A slave of Christ, to time indefinite,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

Actually, I think you've helped my "case", dear Six. Because if someone didn't get it the first time... well, here is it posted again. Thank you!

And peace to you.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Note: "y'all" may have called you names, but teejay never has. He has even defended you... even as recently as yesterday.

I could not find your “defense”, dear Teejay… but I stand corrected on who “ya’ll” is. I do think that you know what I meant by my use of that... word... but I won’t use our… ummmm… cultural “similarities” as an excuse. My sincerest apologies for the misstatement and whatever offense it caused you.

Untrue. Please show me where I have EVER called you any sort of name or judged you

Well, let’s see:

Funky D - You and I can only assume, teejay. Shelby of course doesn't need to because she hears the voice of God who fills in the blanks for her. Well, either that or she's completely mad.
    TJ - I know, FunkyD. Shelby and I have been down that "god talks to me" Road before. It was painfully discouraging to learn that something about me was so amiss that my creator didn't talk to me (and never has over a 45 year period) while he has almost daily conversations with others. Like Shelby. For a couple of seconds, the rejection was overwhelming. Then the latter possibility that you mentioned dawned on me.

Now, if I misconstrued your true intention here, dear Teejay… based on your insinuation… I sincerely apologize. But… I don’t think so. I will, however, give you the benefit of the doubt, of course, and if YOU say you meant something else… I will believe you. Truly. Because love… believes… all things... and does not keep account of the "injury".

My peace remains, my brother. Truly.

YOUR servant, and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• teejay
    teejay
    I could not find your “defense”, dear Teejay…

Any idea why that is, Shelby? Let me give you a hint...

According to your Posting History , you rarely post to threads you don't start. My question is: Do you even read other threads or just your own? There are more discussions going on here than just those about god and the bible. Could it be that it was in one of those other threads where something unkind was said about you and I rose to your defense? You may give some thought to venturing out and reading things other than your own thoughts and pet topics -- see what other people are talking about and have an interest in. Maybe not. But just remember that, just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it's not here. You can probably relate to that concept.

You may have trouble believing this, but it has not been often that people have come along in my life who freely admit to hearing voices, particularly the voice of god. On a regular – almost daily – basis. Of all my Christian (non-JW) relatives, friends, classmates, workmates, and online associates, I must say that you alone, Shelby, hold that singular distinction. No one else I've ever met anywhere heard god's voice in the way that you do. Believe that or not.

It may be equally stunning to you to consider that a person in my position, with my history, with a complete dearth of experience in dealing with people so disposed to hearing god's voice, might very well have two – and only two – options before them when considering what to do about you...

The first option I have is to give the person – in this case you – the benefit of the doubt and believe that you do hear god's voice, as wild as the thought might be. To give oneself over to the thought that, "Yes. God, god's son, a superhuman/divine being (or however you wish to identify the origin of the voice) actually communicates with Shelby... and on a fairly regular basis."

The second option I have is to simply do what 99.8% of most people will do: simply think you’re a little off. In that case, as you have seen and will continue to see, what I will do is what most people in this category won't do: not reject you but talk to you like a human being, quirks and all.

While it may not be your intent, Shelby, you are excruciatingly condescending. That's why (above) I requoted most of your previous post to me... in hopes that you might see how you regularly speak to me: telling me I'm blind; that I don't want to know god (and that's why I can't hear voices like you), that I'm proud; that I'm angry with God, that god speaks to me but I refuse to hear; that I don't hear because I don't ask; that I fail to hear; that, unlike you, I am limited; that the reason I don't hear the same voices as you is because I don't have an open mind; that the reason I find much of your abusive language ABUSIVE is because you have been the vehicle by which The Voice "disciplines" me; that I ... I am self-righteous... () and on and on and on.

Even when I tell you that you are WRONG in nearly ALL of your assumptions about me, you tell me that I'm not being truthful. No, Shelby is convinced beyond any shred of doubt that she knows what teejay has said in prayer over the years... how he's NOT asked god for help; how he's NOT cried out in pain; how he has NOT repeatedly shown humility, etc. in order to have even a slight encounter with god as so many other millions have. You THINK you know what I have and haven't done in prayer, but you don't. How could you?

Despite your closeness to The Voice, Shelby... you don't know it all. Not by a long shot. And for you to so casually dismiss all that I have done in the past (of which you are totally ignorant) in trying to get to know god is offensive. And no, Shelby, your callous, heartless, condescending words are not to be construed as "discipline from god" like you think. All it is is one human (you) treating another one (me) abusively. That's all it is.

So yes, Shelby... put me down in the human column as you go about your "work" of propheting for god, doing his work of judging people. I am indeed human and many (if not most humans) who deal with you as I have will quite likely see you as I do... in one of two ways. Sorry.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Amen to DJ's last post!

For everyone who is angry and upset with God, and for everyone who is having major doubts about whether God even exists, or who God is, or what God has or has not done, or what God will or will not do -----

I just want to humbly ask anyone who feels that way to talk to Jesus about it -- tell Him every single problem you have, every doubt, tell Him about all your anger and frustration, tell Him about everything that is on your mind. Ask Him any questions you have. Ask Jesus for peace, comfort, truth, grace, mercy, and love.

What do you have to lose by doing that?

What might you have to gain by doing that?

The Bible says that Jesus Christ came to earth, sacrificed His Life, and suffered the punishment that each and every one of us deserves for our sins, and was resurrected on the third day.

The Bible says that if you put all your faith and trust and hope IN Jesus Christ and His Sacrifice, then at that moment, ALL of your sins -- past, present, and future are WASHED CLEAN by the Blood of Christ.

• Panda
    Panda

Well, well, well. Please tell me that yah'll are just foolin' around, messin' with each others heads right?

Haven't recent studies and journals shown that the Bible was written by human beings? We know this, yet there appears to be a need to hold onto the superstitious belief system thrown at us since childhood. Intellectually we need pessimism. I won't hate you or judge you for your belief. I even respect you for letting us know about the voices. I respect that long ago heroine of immolation Joan of Arc, for her courage in saving the French from the Brits (although this may not be so popular this year).

I read a quote from someone on this forum yesterday. It went something like this "I respect the man who searches for truth, I regret the one who has found it." that's not the exact quote but it's close. I thought "how darn socratic!" Stuff like that gives me hope.

And for anyone who considers themselves Christian and christ-like, isn't religion a periferal consideration while we live in a world where only 2% of global households have a refrigerator and a telephone? How about the latest in plagues? Or droughts? Or famines? Nope I don't blame god, I don't blame anyone, that'd be a waste of time. We are, however co-spectators of every atrocity or plague we read about or see pictures showing devastation around the Earth. Our will should shove us towards optimism and action, you know save the world one person at a time.

Actually, we might blame the "selfish gene" the dna which has built us to house itself. Yep, we're all just carriers of the gene's message. HEY wait a minute...where was that voice coming from????????

• gumby
    gumby
    I just want to humbly ask anyone who feels that way to talk to Jesus about it -- tell Him every single problem you have, every doubt, tell Him about all your anger and frustration, tell Him about everything that is on your mind. Ask Him any questions you have. Ask Jesus for peace, comfort, truth, grace, mercy, and love.

Hi UD,

What would you say to a person who did what you recommended for 7 years and never got an answer?

Ask Jesus for peace:........ Do you mean peace in my life, or peace in the world? What if I prayed for peace im my life and tomarrow I get burned on 50% of my body and am scarred for life?

Ask for truth:..........Truth about what? If Jesus is for real? I have asked. What I found was his story was made up from old legends

Ask for mercy, and love: Why.....I already practice mercy, and love and know what they are......why should I ask for it? Don't you love and show mercy without asking for it?

Gumby

• JT
    JT
    So what's it gonna be JT? Huh, what's it gonna be??? lol. He knows you're hurting JT, he knows

yes he does know - smile.

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Gumby!!

How ya been? I searched and searched for a LONG time too. I did get answers though. I hung in there. It has been a peace that defies logic which I cannot begin to describe. I am sorry about you feeling so isolated, all I can say to you is hang in there and persevere in prayer......He will answer you and you will know for sure that you have received your answer. The problem that I see in the way... is Christ. He is your rock of offense? Your stumbling stone? wow....that's a big problem but not impossible. This "legend" stuff makes no sense if you consider that people who did not even believe in Christ wrote about Him. Jews, even! Jesus's life is documented by history.....no question. Why would Jewish historians write about Him if he never existed? makes no sense...whatsoever... You know that faith is key. You will never get answers if you are double minded. I know of a book called "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel?? You might want to check it out...I know that he was an atheist who investigated both sides of the arguments for Christ. Have you read anything that confronts head on the stufff you read? It's out there, I just haven't gotten to far. The odd thing is that Jesus becomes a rock of offense and a stumbling block to many people.....that was prophecied too. (Romans, Peter, etc) Interesting. Let me ask you, have any of those urban legend books you've read, prophecied correctly? It is unbelievable the amount of time that the majority of the world spends on belittling Christ. Hang tough gumby and do the research on both sides of this argument too. I can tell you that unless I am absolutlely loco.....He is real. There are no scholarly explanations for the love He has shown me. There were many years when I felt abandoned but the perseverance has paid off for me. I am without a doubt that if you keep seeking....you will find. Just seek Him though, not man's books. Seek His face. You aren't alone....You gotta hang tough a little longer. I almost threw in the towel a few times. It was the toughest battle of my life. I have had quite a few battles that drop the jaws of folks but no battle was more brutal than the one for Christ. I don't know why....but I had to fight the entire way with everything I had...He gave me the courage, even though I nearly died. There is major opposition to face when you truly seek His face with all of your heart. I Give Him the glory because it was in His own power, not mine that I was freed. I tell you the truth from the bottom of my heart, knowing full well that I may be made fun of by some here....it just doesn't matter anymore to me. Love, dj

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Panda said:

Haven't recent studies and journals shown that the Bible was written by human beings? We know this, yet there appears to be a need to hold onto the superstitious belief system thrown at us since childhood.

I believe 100% that the Bible was written by humans. But I believe that it was inspired by God.

I would like to see proof and evidence that the Bible was not inspired by God, if such proof and evidence exists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit