On Blaming God...

by AGuest 135 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

It seems to me that Job attributed bad as well as good as proceeding from God. Yet he still did not complain against God. See Job 2:10. Whether we perceive things as good or bad, we can choose to react to reality as did Job.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I don't really KNOW what we are meant to THINK by the way that YOU type. I always THINK of the old black LADY on the porch in that STEPHEN KING film, the STAND. This sort of SING song voice. Or maybe YOU are talking like WE are slow CHILDREN. SUBTITLES for the hard of UNDERSTANDING.

Unfortunately IT means I cannot TAKE you SERIOUSLY. Add to that the LITTLE chats with GOD (I ASSUME you two still TALK), and I am UTTERLY amused.

I am GLAD that you seem a gentle PERSON, and I AM sure you WOULD not HARM someone, so MAYBE this INTERNAL reality of YOURS works for YOU.

All the BEST.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Thank you for your kind words, dear Hamas... and all praise... is "due"... to the MOST High God, the Creator of Heavens and Earth, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, whose name is JAH... of Armies... to His Son and Christ, the One who came... in His name... JAH-Eshua Mischa-JAH.

Praise JAH... all you people! Let every living thing... let every living BREATHING thing... let it praise... JAH!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

I LOVE your comment, dear Kenneson. May you have peace!

It is true that Job thought God was "persecuting" him... but he thought that if God was... then God had his reasons. Job was set straight, however, when first Elihu, and then God Himself, let Job know that He was NOT the culprit. The REALITY... versus the PERCEPTION.

Wonderful!

Again, peace to you... and may JAH bless!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

The "explanation" perhaps?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/54614/792560/post.ashx#792560

Peace to you, dear Abaddon!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Abbaddon, ....easy on us folks who don't have all the literary skills. Now I feel guily for capitilizing letters for fear people would not see the word if I didn't make it bigger. Damn you......damn you!

Gumby

• teejay
    teejay
    Cain... even though later called a "child of the Devil"... was shown mercy. He was even mercifully WARNED. But Cain, also had an excuse: he was an infant, unable to make his own... CHOICE.

Of all the people who have purportedly been "judged" by god, Cain has always been the one I thought was most mistreated by god.

He could not help that he was a farmer. God never told him to be anything else. God said, "bring your best" and that's what he did. It was not good enough for god. I am better than god. If my child does her best, it will be good enough for me. I will not chastise her for it because I was personally expecting something else.

And what would we... wise and all-knowing earthling man... have God to do for us? If He were to intervene and strike down those who are "evil" (and who is to say who is "evil")... we would cry out, "BAD, God... killing those poor people! They had no CHOICE in their evilness... for YOU made them!"

If god can stay the hand of Abraham just as he was about to murder sacrifice Isaac, couldn't he do something similar today? If you're god, you don't have to kill anyone to stop bad things from happening.

So... what do we truly WANT?

We want what Abraham wanted. When he met the two men on their way to Sodom, he asked, "Will not the god of all the earth DO WHAT IS RIGHT?" I cannot speak for others, but that is what I want. God: do what is right.

Btw, how you doing Shelby?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Why is that, Teej... and the greatest of love and peace to you, my brother!

SJ

• teejay
    teejay

Sorry, Shel. My entire post didn't take the first time. (I've been mean-mouthing uh... the board owner, and he's getting back at me, I think.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit