On Blaming God...

by AGuest 135 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

May I join in this conversation for a sec? I am going back and forth with "faith" issues and this subject of blaming God is something I am guilty of lately. I realize one of my strongest weaknesses is IMPATIENCE. It's just that I do believe in God and I do know what he is capable of. What I don't understand is why I have to beg him til I'm blue in the face to get any help in my life. For example, I just started a new job. I know for a fact it was his direction for me to take this job. I LOVE IT! It is as if it was custom made just for me. My family and I are constantly struggling with financial issues. We have poor credit and can't get loans for decent vehicles or buy a home. Don't tell me we reap what we sew because of having bad credit either. My credit went to hell when my husband became terminally ill and needed 24 hour care until he passed away. My new husband lost his good credit when he got a divorce and his exwife "took him to the cleaners". What is it God is trying to show me by only giving me a little here and a little there? Does my happiness really matter to him or is he too busy trying to TEACH me something at ALL TIMES just because He wants me to remember my place in all of this. It's not that I think I deserve anything good simply because I try to live a decent life in his eyes. I have never desired to be wealthy. I am a very simple person when it comes to material possessions. I just want to have my dignity and a little class and live COMFORTABLY. Is wanting to be comfortable, wrong? I don't think you have to be rich to have class. The other day I griped at God all the way home because: (picture this in your mind) I just started a new job in a very sophisticated area of town. Every other car is a Jaguar or Porche. Here I am walking out of the building in my business attire and I walk by about 5 people who are standing in the parking lot talking. They watch me get into my beat up car with most of the paint worn off. The muffler is barely hanging on. When I go to open the door the inside panel sticks and pulls loose from the door. When I go to start it up, the belts begin to screech. I was SO HUMILIATED. After I finished "yelling" at him I did stop to thank him for the new job.

I want to feel good about myself as a respectable human being. It is hard to feel confident when you have no money to make things better for yourself. The thing is, I hear people give God credit when they do get nice things. Should I percieve God with the personality Jesus had or is he the same guy who was so jealous and destructive in the Old Testament. Jesus never fit that description that I can recall. Why are such opposite personalities attached to the same God?

JR

• DJ
    DJ

My credit went to hell when my husband became terminally ill and needed 24 hour care until he passed away

Hi JR,

The same exact thing happened to me. Our home was even foreclosed. That was 15 years ago. I have been remarried for 14. I can only tell you that if you continue to pay your bills on time, your credit will be established again. In the meantime yes, you are right to be thankful for the job! I'm sorry that you have been through much and I understand your pain having gone through the same thing myself. It will get better for you Jess, just hang on and try to focus on the good in your life now. Like, your new husband and your new job,etc. God is the great restorer and someday you may look back and realize that you learned patience. I am not undermining your frustrations at all....just keep your chin up and hang onto your measure of faith which seems like a pretty big measure to me! I have learned the hard way.... that when I feel anger or pain or whatever, to go to God with my feelings and ask Him to change my heart about the way I handle it. Sort of like....asking for His strength to cope with what I have to. We all bear our cross, just like Jesus said we would. One thing that helps me Jess...when I feel unhappy about a circumstance is to remember that today is not really a bad day...we have both experienced what a bad day/s are like. It helps with my persective and I feel gratitude for the present situation being so miniscule as compared to what I have already been through in the past. I think you understand that exactly, don't you? (((((((((hugs)))))))))) love,dj

p.s. Thanks for getting me stuck with your bold font....lol...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Why are such opposite personalities attached to the same God?

Why shouldn't they be? It's all other peoples' imagination (that you've bought into) anyway.

The God story doesn't make perfect sense this way? Oh here, add this story to it to fix that problem. Oh that created more inconsistancy? Where is your faith (read credulity), ye of little faith?

Six~ who's proud not to have little faith, but rather NO faith. How the hell did faith ever get to be seen as a virtue... that's the big mystery.

• DJ
    DJ
    How the hell did faith ever get to be seen as a virtue... that's the big mystery.

Hi 6,

Faith is to believe God. I suppose that the virtue of that would be that by believing Him, we don't run into the error of calling him a liar. It doesn't seem to be a mystery at all. The mystery is having Christ in us, which is received by faith (believing God). love, dj

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

DJ,

(((((((A Big Hug, back!))))))

You are so right when you said that wasn't really a BAD day. A bad day for me was having to look at the man I married who had slowly transformed into a little boy. Not being able to have a conversation with him anymore. Not knowing if he was hungry for a certain food or if he was in pain. Having to shave him,bathe him,brush his teeth, dress and feed him, not to mention his other personal hygeine needs everyday was what BAD was. I guess my car gets me where I need to go and it is paid for. You really did make me feel better. Thanks DJ.

6 'o 9 - I have NOTHING to say to you.

JR

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Faith is to believe God.

No it's not. That is not what faith means at all.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

God is a conglomerate of empty human-made promises based on outdated philosophy and wishes; wishes that there is a big brother who can protect you when things get rough. 'God', IMO, is just a coping mechanism in people's minds. When things are going good, when something good happens to them, or they are able to deal with a problem, 'God' must have helped them. It makes them feel better.

When anything bad happens, either they think they themselves did something wrong, or the devils are coming to get them.

oh boy.

ash

• DJ
    DJ
    No it's not. That is not what faith means at all.

Six,

Oh. LOLYour wisdom escapes me... please keep it to yourself.

JR,

I relate to that completely. It was like having to care for the man I loved even though he was already dead because his brain was not there. I don't think that people realize that the part of a person that we fall in love with is actually their brain. I had no help from family or friends...they all just vanished. I find myself again in a similar situation with my dad now who has brain cancer. You know Jess, I didn't think that I would ever meet someone who had gone through the same nightmare. My husband suffered permanent brain damage and lived for 5 years after that until he drowned. It was like living his death twice. Let it all out to God...the tears...the fear....the lonliness...yes, even the guilt...and the anger.He will give you comfort and peace. He was your strength even then. You have a new start like me!! I have since had two beautiful babies too. My husband is my best friend on this earth. When my kids annoy me....lol.....I remember what it means to have a bad day and their problems become a cinch. Nice to meet ya, comrade..((((((jess)))))) love, dj

• DJ
    DJ

JR,

I pm'd you back. Thanks for that. love, dj

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

DJ, take your bullshit definition of faith elsewhere. I had enough liars for a lifetime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit