When You See a JW Do You Get Flustered?

by minimus 104 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

one can reasonably expect that millions will visit jw.org to see whether it is extremist or not......Tom Harley

Image result for Jw.org Broadcasting logo

Image result for snake oil salesman

• Tom Harley
    Tom Harley

"You seems well balanced I remember you writing about going to a few punk rock concerts with your son and enjoying yourself, pretty cool as a dad !" - Introvert 2

I was a cool dad. This is not to say, as it never is, that I was a cool dad in the eyes of my kids. At least, not then.

Of course, you preserve such experiences. it is in the book

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Of course, you preserve such experiences. it is in the book.....Tom Harley

Not much embarrasses you, does it Tom?

You`ll peddle anything that serves your purposes..

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/07d93296-718a-4a39-ba86-56567399136b_zps3750aafe.pngImage result for Buy my book

• alcyone
    alcyone

But they will not be able to do this, for upon leaving Jehovah's organization, persons quickly shed whatever unity they once had

1) It is not "Jehovah's organization" it is but an organization that claims it is "Jehovah's organization" with no proof given considering 0% prediction success rate.

2) When person leaves LDS, Unification church, ... he loses unity too. Fortunately we do not have a human leader anymore that can DF us for a lack of unity.

He will know that there is one nation on earth in which every citizen cares deeply about every other. He has never seen anything like it. He will not forget it, regardless of the trial's outcome.

Yes, we see this in Australia, how citizens of the JW nation care for victims of child abuse...

What with extensive media coverage, Time and the New York Times, for example, one can reasonably expect that millions will visit jw.org to see whether it is extremist or not.

I can imagine the GB is so happy their slaves in Russia have problems, they will use it to promote themselves in the same way as Rutherford used the Nazi persecution.

Generally, Tom, if you are trying to convince people to return to your governing body, maybe you should consider to give strong arguments for 607, to explain why Hemoglobine transfusion is okay and the platelets are not, to find some prediction of the Watchtower that came true, etc. This would be more powerful that repeating standard clichés like "wonderful unity of JW", "peaceful and caring people", "former members hate group", ...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Tom keeps forgetting........

July 15, 2011 WT ‘’Well, apostates are 'mentally diseased', and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings." ‘’7 What is involved in avoiding false teachers? We do not receive them into our homes or greet them. We also refuse to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them, examine their Web sites, or add our comments to their blogs.’’
  • pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

The first few were positive flamers, but then some came by with warm greetings and tried to keep the flamers in check. But they will not be able to do this, for upon leaving Jehovah's organization, persons quickly shed whatever unity they once had

The unity was conditional that we all agree with whatever the GB currently think. Any deviation from the Watchtower magazines or thinking for oneself and your best JW chum would drop you like a hot brick. Hows that for unity?

In fact, it is likely that some who flame me also flame each other under different usernames on other forums, perhaps in the Hillary/Trump forum, or the atheist/believer forum, or the science-based-medicine/alternative forum. In other words, unruly as persons can be here, it is par for the course elsewhere, too. It has gotten to the point that many publications have discontinued their comments section because the nasty trolls immediately abuse it. That's the world anyone is happy to embrace? I prefer our website.

Yes, you'd prefer a website that doesn't allow debate. Imagine a world like that, were debate and sharing views is considered bad. It'd be a dictatorship. Not everyone trolls. Most trolls on here happen to be active JW's trying to defend their GB's blunders.

Nonetheless, this is not staying on topic. This is: since it gives some the willy-nillies to see Jehovah's Witnesses approaching, one would think they would welcome cart witnessing and the website as alternative, not-in-your-face methods of doing the work Christ said should be done. Instead, everyone I have seen here blasts at that means for spreading the Kingdom message as well.

I dont know anyone on here that gets "the willy-nillies to see Jehovah's Witnesses approaching", the other way round in fact. Personally, im not opposed to them preaching their trash. I look forward to them knocking on my door so i can show them the publications were Rutherford says vaccinations are of the devil, that the prophets will be resurrected in 1925 and that people of color shouldn't be given literature because it'd be a waste.

Our website, however is getting huge publicity these days because Russia is insisting it is extremist and trying to ban Jehovah's Witnesses on that account. The Governing Body just once invited and encouraged individual Witnesses to write Russian authorities. From what I've seen, I'd be surprised if every Witness in the world does not write, for we care for each other. That's eight million personal letters to Putin or his associates, but with 6 officials listed, persons able to compose more than one letter if they choose, non-Witness human rights people joining in, opposers chiding Putin for not going far enough, one can easily imagine 50 -60 million letters within a two week period. Putin may sink them all at sea and never read one, but he cannot fail to know they exist.

Im willing to bet that the vast majority of JW.org visitors are active JWs and ex-JW apostates keeping up to date with the indoctrination their loved ones are being fed. Your GB hasn't realized that if Putin does indeed ban the Witnesses then he now has the personal address of each one of them.

He will know that there is one nation on earth in which every citizen cares deeply about every other. He has never seen anything like it. He will not forget it, regardless of the trial's outcome.

What with extensive media coverage, Time and the New York Times, for example, one can reasonably expect that millions will visit jw.org to see whether it is extremist or not. We can only imagine what may happen when they discover it is not, and perhaps that is the biggest contribution our Russian brothers make to the worldwide ministry.

Most people dont know what JW's believe. And they dont care. All one has to do to send them to the Australian Royal Commission website and read all of the child molestation cases they are embroiled in. The fine the WBTS pays daily to keep their list of child predators out of court. Their failed predictions with a 0% sucess rate since their inception. Rutherfords praise of Hitlers regime prior to WW2 i could go on.

But all that aside, we'd love to hear your story of how/why you became a JW and your current stand. Do you believe all of what the GB say? Are they directed by holy spirit? How do they receive new light?

• Tom Harley
    Tom Harley

Though no one else has lately, let us follow someone's admonition to stay on topic:

Many Witnesses give the impression that they are trying hard to extend the length of their visit. I try to give the impression that I can’t get away quick enough.

This is especially useful when you feel locked into a paradigm of one of those full-sized plastic clowns for punching. You punch it and down it goes but because it is weighted at the bottom it immediately presents its smiling face for another punch. I try not to allow that to happen.

“Look, I don’t like you. Possibly, I could come to like you, but I don’t now. Let’s get this over with and see how it plays out.”

Of course, I don’t say this. In fact, I don’t even feel this way. I am friendly, but not at first over-sincere. Unfortunately, sincerity works well for civil people, but given the vicious disposition many display online, it is only to be expected that some will note your sincerity and take it as an invitation to smash you in the teeth with a baseball bat.

Go short, instead: “I’m Tom. I want to read you a scripture, see what you think of it, and I’m gone.” My experience is that a scripture is read more frequently than happens with a more conventional approach. If they decline, I’m true to my word and leave. They frequently say: "No, but thank you for coming.”

When they say yes, I read them a scripture – you can choose whatever you want – and then: "I like this scripture because” and offer a sentence or two. It is now their turn, I point out. If you want to discuss or have questions or have observations or whatever, I can stay a bit. Otherwise, I move on.

If they seem agreeable, I’ll show them the video. “This runs almost four minutes, but you don’t have to watch it all. The minute it gets boring, hand it back.” They do hand it back sometimes. But not often.

For example, Job 34:10: "It is unthinkable for the true God to act wickedly, for the Almighty to do wrong."

The reason I like this scripture is that some people think he does act wickedly. And others look at all that's going down today and conclude there is no true God.

**Someone seeks to unsettle me by pointing out that Putin has my address and that of all my brothers. This does keep me awake at night. However, I console myself by thinking Putin may instead come to resent the forces in Russia that would maneuver him into looking like a total ass on the world stage - insisting the Witness website is extremist when every other country in the world can plainly see that it is not.

In fact, since he is so busy taking venting his wrath on people, he may say: "I can see why Harley would write me, and all of his people. But what of this character telling me to man up and kick them further. Is he presenting himself as my benefactor, helping me out? Isn't he part of the general world that was last week calling me a thug and a murderer?"

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

You use "cares deeply about" way too freely. For instance, I can say that I care deeply about my kids. If my kids were in Russia, threatened to be persecuted for their beliefs, I would do much more than simply send a letter to people who won't even read the first paragraph.

I would talk about it to the local news; picket in front of the local embassy; talk to our government representative; produce YouTube videos; follow closely all the court cases and know exactly which arguments are used against them. I would “deeply care”. It would take over my daily routine.

JWs write one letter. In some places, they even made it a “letter writing” party! Than, they tell each other how they care. They go to 2 meetings a week and tell each other how they feel about it. They go door to door and tell each other and some house holders how they fell about it. And that is it. No real actions of any consequence. They still hold on to their daily routine/activities.

Sure, they care enough to talk about it and send letters. But than, many people care about random news report and care even to the extent of writing comments below the articles (aka: writing a letter).

That's the level of engagement of the JWs. They don't "deeply care".

• alcyone
    alcyone

Though no one else has lately, let us follow someone's admonition to stay on topic:

In other words. You threw some claims here, you got debunked, ... let us now return to the original topic

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Many Witnesses give the impression that they are trying hard to extend the length of their visit.....Tom Harley

This is the topic Genius

When You See a JW Do You Get Flustered?

I try to give the impression that I can’t get away quick enough.....TH

All JW`s do, most don`t even have to try..

Bring up a subject a JW doesn`t like..

#1)..They try to change the subject..

If that doesn`t work

#2)..They tell you how busy they are and run away..

We can see, you`re still busy with JW Option #1..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit