When You See a JW Do You Get Flustered?

by minimus 104 Replies latest jw friends

• Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

I still don't like it when i encounter them. They think that now you're out you're supposed to have problems or some other negative things that affect you, and thats not the case, but i dont like that they automatically think those things when they see me so i try to avoid them.

@Tom harley, who do you see as your mediator?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Tom H - The trouble with any hate group...

......and that's exactly where I stopped reading your comment. Hate group? KMT.

July 15, 2011 WT ‘’Well, apostates are 'mentally diseased', and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings." ‘’7 What is involved in avoiding false teachers? We do not receive them into our homes or greet them. We also refuse to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them, examine their Web sites, or add our comments to their blogs.’’
  • sparky1
    sparky1

Tom, my comments are posted at face value and contain no hidden meanings or self justifications. If you choose to comment on anything I post here, please keep that in mind and do not try to interpret my comments based on your own personal narrative. Thank you.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Tom, did you read punkofnice's post? The quotes are there to show you the facts. We are not enemies of truth. We seek the truth no matter how uncomfortable it may be. That's why we're no longer Jehovah's Witnesses. We researched properly, using their own magazines and books. That's what all those quotes from Watchtower publications are for. So any active witness can read them without fear of it being "apostasy", because it's from your own publications.

We'd love to hear your story. We've all posted ours on here.

When an honest man is proven wrong, he either stops being wrong or he stops being honest. - Anon

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Paley - When an honest man is proven wrong, he either stops being wrong or he stops being honest. - Anon

This says it all.

Kudos on a good quote

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Generally, a group that cares about accuracy welcomes a behaving source from the other side, for they recognize it as a pathway to stay grounded and and keep a good grip on how things really are.....Tom Harley

So far you`ve behaved like an ass..

Your posts look like they come straight out of a WBT$ Magazine nobody wants..

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Hi Tom Harley ! How are you ? Hey you're the famous TomSheepsansandgoats.com !!!!

Nice to have you here buddy !! http://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/

Anyhow your blogs hepled me get my bearings straight when I finally started looking deeper into the WTBTS. You are one of many that helped me wake up to the truth about the truth ! The final straw was reading Keith Casarona's Newboy series on his stay at bethel NY in the sevenities. It all fell apart after that and I now go to the Father through Christ. I read and study the Bible almost daily and will be doping the memorial over the weekend quietly at home with my cat.

You have a a gift as a writer I do hope you updates your blog eventually.

You seems well balanced I remember you writing about going to a few punk rock concerts with your son and enjoying yourself, pretty cool as a dad !

I think you are in New Englad if I recall correctly so if ever you are in Montreal and want to go mountain biking or even dirt biking shoot me a PM I have some spare rides.

Disclaimer : I'm proudly DA'ed and have little use for the WTBTS of PA. Inc. The best organisation is no organisation.

Tip : I recognised you through the use of the word "grouser" . In reality that is a Snocat tread part used on the tracks to attach the rubber bands together, usually a steel plate.

Take care !

2 Introverted

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Hello Tom Harley, I would advise you create a separate thread to talk about what ever you want to talk about. In the meantime, how about we stick to the subject of this thread?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Last week, I have seen JWs in the door to door ministry after school/work (around 5pm). It was a windy/rainy spring day. A married couple walking with their 8 years old kid. I know them. Strangely, I felt sorry for them and could really relate. When I was a kid, I, too, went out door to door at super time. And later, as a father, I did the same thing, taking my kid out, even in bad weather.

And now, in hindsight, I realize that I wasn’t comfortable with the miserable results of my ministry. Sure, I kept telling myself that people were evil and didn’t want to change their ways. Yet, I was purposefully ignoring how I didn’t have one single undeniable fact that could support the bulk of our teachings. There was no column of fire maintained by God over the bethel. It was all deduction and interpretation, nothing straight forward or easy to see. No miracles, no accurate prophecies, nothing.

This internal struggle was making me feel uncomfortable and I never was truly happy. Still, I don’t think I understood that back then as I didn’t even know what it was to simply live in full accord with my own conscience.

So, sorry. I felt sorry for them.

• Tom Harley
    Tom Harley

StephanieL says stay on track or else make a separate thread. Alas, I did and nobody came. So I visited this thread, posting on topic, and everyone stopped by to say hi. The first few were positive flamers, but then some came by with warm greetings and tried to keep the flamers in check. But they will not be able to do this, for upon leaving Jehovah's organization, persons quickly shed whatever unity they once had

In fact, it is likely that some who flame me also flame each other under different usernames on other forums, perhaps in the Hillary/Trump forum, or the atheist/believer forum, or the science-based-medicine/alternative forum. In other words, unruly as persons can be here, it is par for the course elsewhere, too. It has gotten to the point that many publications have discontinued their comments section because the nasty trolls immediately abuse it. That's the world anyone is happy to embrace? I prefer our website.

Nonetheless, this is not staying on topic. This is: since it gives some the willy-nillies to see Jehovah's Witnesses approaching, one would think they would welcome cart witnessing and the website as alternative, not-in-your-face methods of doing the work Christ said should be done. Instead, everyone I have seen here blasts at that means for spreading the Kingdom message as well.

Our website, however is getting huge publicity these days because Russia is insisting it is extremist and trying to ban Jehovah's Witnesses on that account. The Governing Body just once invited and encouraged individual Witnesses to write Russian authorities. From what I've seen, I'd be surprised if every Witness in the world does not write, for we care for each other. That's eight million personal letters to Putin or his associates, but with 6 officials listed, persons able to compose more than one letter if they choose, non-Witness human rights people joining in, opposers chiding Putin for not going far enough, one can easily imagine 50 -60 million letters within a two week period. Putin may sink them all at sea and never read one, but he cannot fail to know they exist.

He will know that there is one nation on earth in which every citizen cares deeply about every other. He has never seen anything like it. He will not forget it, regardless of the trial's outcome.

What with extensive media coverage, Time and the New York Times, for example, one can reasonably expect that millions will visit jw.org to see whether it is extremist or not. We can only imagine what may happen when they discover it is not, and perhaps that is the biggest contribution our Russian brothers make to the worldwide ministry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit