Do you believe in God now?

by Ron1968 142 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Maverick
    Maverick

Yes I believe in God...it is people I don't believe in! I have a t-shirt that has "Beer is proof God love us and wants us to be happy" written on it. That's all the proof I need! Maverick

• crownboy
    crownboy

I'm agnostic to the "god concept", but I definitely don't believe in the bible's version of god.

• Aztec
    Aztec
    Logansrun, why are you such an ass? So anyone who disagrees with you is "stupid" and therefore a target for your ridicule?

Now where've I heard that before?

No, Ronnie, I don't believe in any form of god now. However, I'm not so arrogant as to say that I am not open to the possibility of one existing if shown proof.

~Aztec

• starScream
    starScream

I still believe in God. I'm not going to let a bunch of elitists change my views.

Athiests = Elitists; WTF?

When I said elitists, I meant the JWs you clowns.

After reading the majority of the responses by atheists, particularly rem's:

Atheists, on the other hand, usually come to their conclusion after much study (of multiple sides) and critical thought.
    The only possible way one can become an atheist in this society is by having an open mind.

It's quite easy. Children do it all the time.
    That is your feeling based on misconceptions about evolution.

(When the theists reject evolution is it beacause they don't understand it. lol. I hate to burst your bubble but I reject it because I do understand it. I know your faith makes you happy. That is ok.)

You'd rather believe in fairy tales? I think that's sad. Not necessarily for a child, but for an adult it's sad.

(fairy tales like "life just popped out of the mud?")

Actually, you don't seem to understand how rational belief works.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I don't need hard facts for every little thing - only for the really important ones.

(better manufacture some evidence so we can teach the missing link[s] as fact[s] in schools.) holy cheese:

Look to the left and you will see an image of those persons searching for god. (man with head stuck in rectum)

...I must conclude that there is a lot of elitism amongst the ranks of atheists. I was guilty of it myself when I was an atheist so I would know. Stinky if you are only an agnostic why didn't you say agnostic = atheist; WTF? no one said atheist yet. "There is orderliness in the universe." -- 'Mahatma' Gandhi Of course there is a God.

• logansrun
    logansrun

starScream, I will grant that the origin of life remains shrouded in some mystery, although you certainly make a straw-man argument by insinuating that evolutionists say life sprang from mud. No scientist says something that ostentatiously simple. Obviously you know extraordinarily little about science. It's too bad for someone as young as you. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.. Bradley

• gumby
    gumby
    A mind is a terrible thing to waste

Now just what in the hell did I say to make you start sling'in stones at me.................huh?

Gumby

• rem
    rem

This is hilarious,

(When the theists reject evolution is it beacause they don't understand it. lol. I hate to burst your bubble but I reject it because I do understand it. I know your faith makes you happy. That is ok.)
    (fairy tales like "life just popped out of the mud?")

Oooh. You told me!

(better manufacture some evidence so we can teach the missing link[s] as fact[s] in schools.)

Wow, looks like someone didn't do their homework in grade school. You sure have issues with evolution. Those are usually the most ignorant of the bunch.

I was guilty of it myself when I was an atheist so I would know.
    Stinky if you are only an agnostic why didn't you say agnostic = atheist; WTF? no one said atheist yet.

LOL. Classic. This "former atheist" doesn't even seem to understand what an atheist is. Hint: People who claim they are agnostic are usually also atheists. What were you? A gnostic atheist?

rem
  • Aztec
    Aztec

Soooo..just how much of your mind have you wasted Gumby?

~Aztec

• Ron1968
    Ron1968

I respect Oxnard's comments very much even though I know that people who believe in a higher power seem ridiculous to the athiests. (did I spell that right Aztec? )

There are theories of course including the intelligent design theory for one. I also know of a couple of others, but can't think of the term for it. One is involving blood colagulation (sp?) and the complexity of it.

I am really trying to be open minded and not rule out either side though at this point.

Ron

• logansrun
    logansrun

Ron, "Intelligen Design" is NOT a theory in the scientific sense of the word. For starters, any real theory in the scientific sense would have to be disprovable. There is no way to prove that a designer did not create the universe, hence it is not a theory. The founders of "ID" are Michael Behe and William Dembski. Both have some academic credentials and both have been criticized with regard to their findings. I would suggest you read more about the subject if you wish to bring it up again. (damn, that sounds harsh....but, it's true) Bradley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit