Do you believe in God now?

by Ron1968 142 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JT
    JT

NOPE!

When you consider that the following articles and essay has been going on for 1000’s of years and the “God” of the bible/Koran / any other holy book has had a front row seat and done NOTHING to stop it in all those 1000’s of years

This is the reason why “LOGIC” tells one that there is no god

I would like to know who after reading the following articles and essay would do NOTHING if they had the Power to stop it-

Yet believers “Claim” that their god is All Powerful and Caring-

Yep a contradiction is statement.

james

http://www.speakout.org.za/events/news/news_june2002_court_sexual_violence_rampant.htm

NEWS Infant rape in South Africa - Lancet, January 2002

Infant rapes seem to have several striking features. To penetrate the vagina of a small infant, the perpetrators first need to create a common channel between the vagina and the anal canal by forced insertion of an implement. This action is analogous to the most severe form of female genital mutilation practised in parts of Africa, introcision, in which the perineum is split with a finger, knife, or similar object,10 presumably to facilitate penetrative intercourse in girls as young as 5 years old sold into early marriage.11

Rape in this manner can be immediately life threatening. The tearing of the perineal body, rectovaginal septum, and anterior anal sphincter can cause infants to die from haemorrhage or abdominal sepsis despite medical care, especially in deprived rural communities.

NEWS Sexual Violence Rampant, Unpunished in DR Congo War (Human Rights Watch Press Release)

Some rapists attacked their victims with extraordinary brutality. In two cases, assailants inserted firearms into the vaginas of their victims and shot them. In other cases combatants mutilated the sexual organs of the women with knives or razor blades. Some attacked girls as young as five years of age and women as old as eighty.

circumstances can be a death sentence.

NEWS Systematic sexual torture in Zimbabwe
    IRCT Media Release 13 February 2002

A new and very disturbing form of torture has emerged in Zimbabwe - systematic sexual torture, whose perpetrators include youth militia.

The forms of sexual torture include forced rape by men, witnessed both by the perpetrators of the violence and others, with victims being forced to have sexual intercourse with each other either heterosexual or homosexual, while the perpetrators "supervise" the act.

The Tale of the Five Officers (2000)

Mark I. Vuletic

When Ms. K. was slowly raped and murdered by a common thug over the course of 1 hour and 55 minutes, in plain sight of five fully-armed off-duty police officers who ignored her terrified cries for help and instead just looked on until the act was carried to its gruesome end, I found myself facing a personal crisis.

You see, the officers had all been very close friends of mine, but after hearing about their inaction, I found my trust in them shaken to its core. Fortunately, I was able to talk with them later on, and had my doubts laid to rest.

"I thought about intervening," said the first officer, "but it occurred to me that it was obviously better for the murderer to be able to exercise his free will than to have it restricted. I deeply regret the choices he made, but that's the price of having a world with free agents. Would you rather everyone in the world was a robot? The attacker's choices certainly weren't in my control, so I can't be held responsible for his actions."

"Well," said the second officer, "my motivation was a little bit different. I was about to pull my gun on the murderer when I thought to myself, 'But wait, wouldn't this be a perfect opportunity for some unarmed by-stander to exercise selfless heroism, should he chance to walk by? If I were to intervene all the time like I was just about to, then no one would ever be able to exercise such a virtue. In fact, everyone would probably become very spoiled and self-centered if I were to protect everyone from rape and murder.' So I backed off. It's unfortunate that no one actually showed up to heroically intervene, but that's the price of having a universe where people can display virtue and maturity. Would you rather the world were nothing but love, peace, and roses?"

"Personally, I didn't even consider stepping in," said the third officer. "I probably would have if I didn't have so much experience of life as a whole, since Ms. K's rape and murder seems pretty horrible when taken in isolation. But when you put it into context with the rest of life, it actually adds to the overall beauty of the big picture. Ms. K.'s screams were like the discordant notes that make fine musical pieces better than they would have been if all the notes were flawless. In fact, I could scarcely keep from waving my hands around, imagining I myself was conducting the delicious nuances of the orchestra."

"Look, there's really no point in my trying to explain the details to you," said the fourth officer, who we had nicknamed 'Brainiac' because he had an encyclopedic knowledge of literally everything and an IQ way off the charts. "There's an excellent reason for why I did not intervene, but it's just way too complicated for you to understand, so I'm not going to bother trying. Just so there's no misunderstanding, though, let me point out that no one could care about Ms. K. more than I did, and that I am, in fact, a very good person."

"I'll let you in on a secret," said the fifth officer. "Moments after Ms. K. flatlined, I had her resuscitated, and flown to a tropical resort where she is now experiencing extraordinary bliss, and her ordeal is just a distant memory. I'm sure you would agree that that's more than adequate compensation, and so the fact that I just stood there watching instead of helping her has no bearing at all on my goodness."

By now, it had become clear to me that there was no difficulty reconciling my friends' goodness with their behavior that one day, and that anyone who disagreed must be doing so for love of evil over good. After all, anyone who has experienced the officers' friendship in the way I have knows that they are good. Their goodness is even manifest in my life--I was in a shambles before I met them, but now everyone remarks on what a changed person I am, so much kinder and happier, and possessed of the inner calm that everyone so desperately seeks. I am ashamed that I ever doubted their entitlement to my loyalty and my love.

As I was getting ready to leave, the first officer spoke up again. "By the way, I also think you should know that when we stood there watching Ms. K. get raped and stabbed over and over, we were suffering along with her, and we experienced exactly the same pain she did, or perhaps even more." And everyone in the room, myself included, nodded his head in agreement.

Note

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    This is the reason why “LOGIC” tells one that there is no god ......

Interesting .... "logic" tells me just the opposite.

I would like to know who after reading the following articles and essay would do NOTHING if they had the Power to stop it-

hmmmm...... Misuse of power by omission. Good question - be sure to ask the Creator when you cross over. I'm sure there will be a most thought provoking answer; don't forget to share.

• JT
    JT

Double Edge

I notice you didn't address my question- so I ask it again

If "You" had the power to do something WOULD YOU?

thanks

• JT
    JT

This sorta puts it in a Nutshell in my opinion

smile

http://www.theonion.com/onion3124/lordprovide.html

WASHINGTON, DC—The six-millennia-old sky-father deity Yahweh, worshiped by Christians, Muslims and Jews alike for His alleged all-knowing compassion and vast benevolence toward humanity, refused comment following Monday's announcement that the U.S. Justice

Department will investigate allegations of failure on His part to provide for His approximately 3.5 billion human followers.

The Lord (above) is the subject of a massive U.S. Justice Department inquisition.

According to Justice Department officials, on more than 70 trillion documented occasions, the Lord has failed to provide for dutiful worshippers, allowing them to go without Providence in times of great need and showing little if any of the celebrated deity's much-touted "boundless love."

The list of Justice Department allegations ranges from the mundane, such as the Lord's reported September 1995 refusal to see to it that Terre Haute, IN, Presbyterian Joyce Halstrom receives a new set of drapes for her anniversary, to the catastrophic, such as last year's Mexico City earthquake, in which God allowed an estimated 150,000 devout Catholics to be crushed to death under tons of debris.

"These are very serious charges," U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno said. "I can assure you that our department will investigate them fully."

The allegations directly contradict over 6,000 years of extravagant claims by the Lord's prophets of "miracle" cures and other forms of all-encompassing heavenly grace.

Immediately following the Justice Department announcement, many of the Lord's top earthly representatives fled into hiding, including Pope John Paul II, New York's Cardinal O'Connor, and Rabbi Menachem Schindler, president of the World Orthodox Jewish Congress.

In Rome, an unruly mob surrounded the Panamanian Embassy, where many believe the Pope is currently hiding out and seeking asylum. These reports, however, remain unsubstantiated as of press time.

The Lord did not respond to a federal subpoena ordering him to appear before the investigative commission, and refused to speak to reporters on this or any subject throughout the week.

Efforts on the part of law-enforcement authorities to contact the alleged supreme being via the intercessionary medium of prayer have been equally unsuccessful.

One of the areas in which the Lord has been the most negligent, the Justice Department claims, is in providing His followers with adequate access to education: Fundamentalist Christians remain, after thousands of years, among the least educated groups in the world, ranking below pro-wrestling enthusiasts and carnival workers.

Claims of an eternal "life after death" also remain unconfirmed by deceased believers from around the globe.

"It's sad to think of the abusive treatment people have received at the hands of their so-called protector," U.S. Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) said, "especially when you think about all those countless hours they spent in houses of worship rejoicing and loudly bearing thanks and praise."

The senator noted that, with over 450,000 hymns and songs written about Him, the Lord ranks among the most praised entities ever.

If the charges prove true, the Lord could face up to 3,100 years in jail and/or fines totalling $50 trillion. He would also be forced to return all gratitude and thanks paid to Him by followers, backdated to the dawn of civilization.

Despite the seriousness of the charges, many believers remain loyal to the embattled deity. "I know it seems like the worst thing ever," said Lynette Maddox, a Flatwoods, KY, manicurist and mother of nine, "but we just have to trust that it's all part of God's plan."

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    If "You" had the power to do something WOULD YOU?

Yes, I would, but then again, I've never created a universe and know the beginning to the end and all the reasons that lie within.

• JT
    JT
    Yes, I would

I would like to thank you for your honesty

• JT
    JT
    I've never created a universe and know the beginning to the end and all the reasons that lie within.

You must be Muslium , for that is exactly what a Muslium told me in so many words a couple of weeks ago-

As he put it Allah is responisble for all the creations- i told him that the avg christian would beg to differ,

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    You must be Muslium , for that is exactly what a Muslium told me in so many words a couple of weeks ago-

Puhleezeeee .... I can think of 5 'non-christian' religions I would belong to before I would become a Muslim... in fact, I can't think of any reason to become one.

Nupe.... I am the 'average' Christian that begs to differ with the other 'average' Christians.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    And that is exactly the point

Great. So now we both agree this concept of a default is erroneous. If that's the case, then there is no default that God doesn't exist.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Like I said, you will always be influenced by outside forces, whether it be your upbringing, personal preference, past experiences, etc.

"Outside Forces" can also include those who've had a genuine experience with a "higher power" (God, Creator, etc.).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit