Do you believe in God now?

by Ron1968 142 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• be wise
    be wise

I'm not convinced.

I think if God does exist then he knows who you are as a person.

If you are a complete twat then you may have something to worry about even if it's just your life in general, if not then you'll just feel good in yourself when it matters.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I do believe in God. I do believe in God. I do I do I do believe in God.

Aboslutely and in his son Jesus Christ, my savior!!!

• Hamas
    Hamas

I believe man, I believe.

• amen
    amen

freein89,

I have spent 15 years as a JW and now fading. I did not have any problem with the JW's, but the claim to have the truth as i said to any of my friend who knows me. If i found that their claim is false i would leave. Well as you might know they don't hold much truth, I have been mislead all the way through out those years.

I'll make sure it will not happen again. I agree with you they do a lot of harm to people who believe in this organization. They haven't destroyed my faith in God i do know when humans don't have all the answers nor does the bible tells us.

Jesus said one time if i remember well upon his return; Will he find faith on earth?

During my life time before i became a witness since i was 12 years of age i had been looking to any kind of religion i have read and been to some conferences to see what they have to say, i was delusioned by all their messages even from organization that are Christians i saw them fake.

I did not believe in any organizations well for the witnesses i made it special because they seem to defend them better or have the knowledge. Big mistake!

15 years that i spent in it proved me that religious organization are corrupted. We are following men not Christ or God. Am I bitter? Yes, at myself for beeing mislead by them. I would not have waisted all those years.

Probably i will never join a church like i did with the JW. I don't feel the need to be trap by men made rules.

Freedom is what Christ paid his life for.

Today when i see some of people on the street from my congregation i can not but think how they are mislead. I pity them knowing i can do much for now to help them.

They growth they have is over they are paranoid of all apostats that exist. Yes they made what they apostat are today, their own product. They have to live with the consequence. I believe many more people will leave. I thought i was going to die as a JW. Well it is not going to happen. I did believe or accept in most of what they say as long they have good proof.

Anyway to make my comment short, this is the first time i will not go to an assembly this year and i will not miss it a bit.

amen

• amen
    amen

rem,

My logic is this: I have search and read in many religious beliefs to the extend i had the information about them. I end up concluing that in all I have read with all the contradictions the bible seems to have. Still, the bible make more sense. In essence, the message is good I can stic to that.

But i do not believe that at death it is the end of everything.

Having faith in something you don't see is not easy though. Life is too complex to believe in evolution. Everytime I watch a tv program about evolution. Their explanations show there is an intelligent being behind it behind all this. So believing in God is more beneficial to me that way. I don't see other way or explanation to why are we on earth?

amen

• dedalus
    dedalus

A dyslexic atheist is a person who doesn't believe in dogs.

Dedalus

• rem
    rem

amen,

My logic is this: I have search and read in many religious beliefs to the extend i had the information about them. I end up concluing that in all I have read with all the contradictions the bible seems to have. Still, the bible make more sense. In essence, the message is good I can stic to that.

Ok, that is your feeling. This has nothing to do with logic. That's fine. If you feel that the bible makes the most sense then that works for you. Please don't believe you have made a rational decision based on facts, though.

But i do not believe that at death it is the end of everything.

This is a fine belief... but why? What evidence do you have beyond a feeling... a feeling about an old book filled with contradictions and scientific impossibilities?

Having faith in something you don't see is not easy though

It's quite easy. Children do it all the time.

Life is too complex to believe in evolution.

Life is extremely complex. So are snowflakes. Does god design every single snowflake? Complexity does not necessitate an even more complex creator. If it did, then your belief would be self-defeating. Do you see how? (hint: who created god?)

Everytime I watch a tv program about evolution. Their explanations show there is an intelligent being behind it behind all this.

That is your feeling based on misconceptions about evolution. Some study in this area may benefit you. You do realize that evolution is not atheistic, right? Millions of god-believers around the globe accept evolutionary theory. Perhaps you have been mislead about what evolution is all about like I was, or maybe you just don't understand it?

So believing in God is more beneficial to me that way. I don't see other way or explanation to why are we on earth?

So what it comes down to is you believe in god because:

• You feel the bible makes the most sense
    • You feel that the message in the bible is good
    • You feel like there is an afterlife
    • You are playing Pascal's Wager so you don't miss out on the afterlife you feel exists
    • You don't believe in evolution

rem

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I do believe in God. I don't believe in the JW God. I believe that the picture they painted of Him is an incorrect one and I've had to have an open mind in what He is to me.

• Introspection
    Introspection

I don't believe that any beliefs I may hold as an individual is so important in the grand scheme of things, whether it's about God (which is to say either you believe in one or not) or anything else.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

So every believe must be based on fact? That's just plain sad, especially as someone pointed out, there are other beliefs that rely heavily on faith. If you expect everything to be presented in black and white terms, then you're in for a miserable life. It just doesn't work that way.

And thank you for putting words in my mouth. So because I believe one way, that makes me "close minded?" Again, us Christians aren't uneducated idiots. I know about other religions. I've taken a class on major world religions. I know basically what they all believe. I just don't agree with them. I pick Christianity. Would I be close minded if I was Buddhist and didn't consider Christianity? Or is it because you all are still holding a grudge against Christians because the JWs proved to be elitist morons? Get over it. There are a lot of groups out there that are a lot different. As a matter of fact, what they call Chistendom rejected them from mainstream Christianity because they don't believe that Jesus is God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit