Do you believe in God now?

by Ron1968 142 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ron1968
    Ron1968

This question has probably been asked before, but since I am a newbie, I wouldn't know.

Anyway, I would like to ask if you believe in God or a higher power since becoming an ex-jw?

Ron

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I am agnostic, SO maybe, maybe not.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

More than ever!

He's with me no matter where I am. He even speaks to me when I listen closely enough.

He's not about religion; he's about people. He's easy to love. He's my shelter. He's my secret friend.

I know all this sounds silly but everything you need to know about the father is in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    He's not about religion; he's about people.

Amen.

I still believe in God. I'm not going to let a bunch of elitists change my views.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Athiests = Elitists; WTF?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

LOL. If athiests are to elitists, as ignorance is to.....

ash

• logansrun
    logansrun

Dear lover of truth:

He's with me no matter where I am.

Wow! How do you know that?

He even speaks to me when I listen closely enough.

Oh, maybe that's how. Well, this is big news! What does God sound like? Does He speak English? Does He have a Hebrew accent? And why do you need to listen so intently? I thought God was supposed to have a big, thunderous voice -- now you're telling me He's whispering? What's up with that?

He's not about religion; he's about people. He's easy to love. He's my shelter.

Well, I always thought God wasn't much of a "people person" since he's butchering so many Canaanites in the Old Testament. And doesn't his Book talk about some future apocalypse or something? Hmmm....

He's my secret friend.

I had a secret friend once. His name was Bad Joe and him and I spent countless hours fighting monsters in Mrs. Smiths third grade class.

I know all this sounds silly

Why on earth would you say that?

but everything you need to know about the father is in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Who's father? Oh...THE father! I gotcha.

B

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

When I said elitists, I meant the JWs you clowns.

• logansrun
    logansrun
    I'm not going to let a bunch of elitists change my views.

Sounds like you're not going to let anything change your views.

B

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    Sounds like you're not going to let anything change your views.

No, I'm not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit