No 'Tight Pants' policy is now official - classed as 'disturbing'

by wizzstick 362 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Anthony Morris is more than likely a closeted queermo himself with a particular fetish for twinks. That's why he's protesting too much.

...in my opinion.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    People don't hate themselves and commit suicide because Starbucks doesn't allow giant gauges or three earrings to be worn during business hours by employees. They don't commit suicide because Apple asks their emloyees to be neat or wear a company shirt. They don't commit suicide because Disney asks them to arrive on time and smile at children, whether or not you feel like Snow White on Monday morning.
    If you want to wear three earrings, you have the freedom to leave Starbucks and work somewhere else. Your life is not affected negatively, you still have your friends and family. That is a world apart from a letter to Church officials, asking them to actively seek out and discriminate against members who look "gay."

Bang on DD, so toni the tiger has wrested control from old ex-Splaner !

That twitcherty shouldered old buzzard, whose so holier-than-thou just because nepotism saw him into the GB AND he raised 2 boys, is going to tighten the screws on the kids even more.

Like to be well groomed? Use moisterizer for your shaving rash?Like a well fitting suit in something other than taliban black? Ok, rant on dress superficial and expected.

But....

Young man with a voice too high..,gentle manner, soft laugh? Fond of your bros giving them all hugs..oh and I forgot, handsome? Elders kids a bit jealous of the attention all the ladies give you 'cos you love to make the sisters laugh....

Time for a witchunt

Its all so bloody predictable, it would be funny if I didn't know how much misery their stupidity and ignorance causes.

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

My anger and dismay about this is not the clothing; fitted clothing is a fad that comes and goes, and the WT is making themselves look like complete idiots to fixate on it.

(Men have moved on to the hipster look, with much facial hair, but apparently we will have to wait 20 years for Tony the Tiger to realize it.)

It will be gone in a year or two.

What won't be gone is the WT on record, on the internet, as being 20 years behind the times in calling out the 'metrosexual' look and encouraging the punishment of 'effeminate traits'.

Here it is: it has the word sexual in it, and thus alarms the brains of the GB to no end.

Anyway, forget the clothing.

What this instruction does is flag 'effeminate behavior', as if what one person perceives as effeminate is the same as someone else.

The way it is worded makes it seem like the GB thinks men are taking this 'behavior' on intentionally, as fashion, while at the same time implying they are gay.

Well, how many elders and witnesses do you know that were minty? How about John Kuss, very minty, thin and single; he was a CO, still is as far as I know, and still single.

This instruction from the society is a) wrongheaded, b) out of date (metrosexual! Spanx! Danger!) c) dangerous to members who can't control how they come off to others.

Do they think they can recognize a homosexual because of 'effeminate characteristics', 'effeminate traits'?

Do they think if a man is very 'manly' that he can't be gay!! Rock Hudson, anyone? Raymond Burr?

File this latest under:

Governing Body, the dumbest bunch that ever got to the top of a global religion.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

On the contrary, the outline subsequently focuses on "effeminate traits … in one's bearing, body language and manner of speech" referring to such as "gender-blurring characteristics."

This is only superficially dealing with outward appearances. It is indeed an attack on the behaviors and identity of individuals who may or may not be gay, but are perceived to be by intrusive, overzealous elders who have now been given permission to go on a crusade against anyone that dresses, acts or talks in a way they don't like.

Again Oubliette, you are 100% correct. But still there are some, well ONE anyway, who insists that it is only about a dress code. I would bet that person either did or would make an EXCELLENT JDubya elder with that kind of stubborn refusal to understand the finer points of this discussion.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute
    But attempting to ban someone from worship for seeming gay is new. Where does that behavior lead if left unchecked?

This seems like more than a dress code issue to me. Am I missing something?

No. You're not missing anything. That is exactly what this is, if it is indeed true.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Ok. . . don't have time to go through this entire thread.. . .

But has anyone mentioned that while someone wearing "tight pants" will no longer have the "privilege" of engaging in field service . . .

That even convicted pedophiles are not sanctioned in this way?

• cofty
    cofty
    The way it is worded makes it seem like the GB thinks men are taking this 'behavior' on intentionally, as fashion - Pistoff

Perhaps some are.

In the 18th century there was also a fashion among middle-class men to dress and behave in an epicene manner. They were referred to as "Dandies" or "Macaronis". I think the same is true in recent years. When I was at high school there were few if any effeminate lads. In my daughter's year at school there were loads of them.

Yes for many it is a fashion.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I knew some effeminate men as a JW and I cant remember one, that was an elder or CO.

I think they were deliberately kept down out the lime light.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Yes for many it is a fashion.

Hmm, maybe.

And the WT is not savvy enough to discern between a fad and reality; for every thing they don't understand, the sky is falling.

Except in this case they are willing to stigmatize people for behavior they may have no control over.

They really are the most out of touch bunch, they make the mormon leadership look au courant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit