No 'Tight Pants' policy is now official - classed as 'disturbing'

by wizzstick 362 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

The LGBT people have no place whatsoever inside the JWs. People that show any weird behavior are flagged, made fun of and excluded as much as possible.

None survive in the long run. All the ones I have known of eventually leave. Specially in the Hispanic congs; the vast majority of Hispanics want no part of the LGBT behavior.

Sorry.

SL

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Sorry, Pistoff, your answer seems vague.

Are you fighting for the right of effeminate brothers, metrosexual brothers and gay JWs (gays and lesbians) to continue in the religion openly as they truly are? Yes or no?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What I want is not relevant; I don't expect the witnesses to embrace gays, not going to happen.

That is not what this is about.

Then what is this thread about? Yes, the WT has banned metrosexual clothing - in the scheme of things, it's nothing. And of course, we know that they're homophobic (much worse than banning mere clothes).

I remember arguing with my dad about the right to grow a beard when I was 18 or 20 - no can do! Help, I'm being oppressed by clean-shaven people! Downright pogonophobia!

If this thread's not about sexuality, not about clothing, then what the hell is it about?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

LUHE:

Reread my post: I don't expect the GB to accept gays, it is part of their brand to reject gays.

But:

For years, there have been men among the witnesses, like any other group, who are effeminate; they have been left alone.

They can't help the way they talk and walk, evidently, the WT used to get this.

There were 4 in my congo growing up; one was gay, he is gone. One married, divorced, is now single for many years, he is seen as likely NPG by family and friends.

1 is married, child on the way.

1 is in Bethel, yes, Bethel.

Under the current policy, he would not be recommended to Bethel, as he is effeminate and minty.

And a brother I used to work with in food services was incredibly minty, walk, talk, mannerisms; he was married with 4 children.

The new WT policy is to single out those with effeminate traits and mannerisms, using the term gender blurring characteristics, it is separated from the grooming and dress, check the outline.

This is a stupid move by the WT, one in a long list, under the apparent leadership of Tony Morris.

He is so completely obsessed with 'the homosexuals'.

Is he a closeted gay man? Is he afraid he is gay?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

LUHE:

Do you want effeminate brothers and brothers who embrace the metrosexual look to be allowed out on field service?!

The only ones who would care, or even notice, would be the micromanagers in the congo.

People at the door are accustomed to seeing a variety of clothing; they are more likely than witnesses to see the inner person.

For me, on this thread, it is about the unintended persecution of people for their 'mannerisms' and 'bearing', code words for often false perceptions of homosexuality.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

OK, so it seems this thread is about gay and hetero men who happen to be effeminate.

Well, they can join the club of the long list of people that the WT already cracks down on. Effeminate men are laughed at in 'the world' anyway, so they should be used to a bit of p1ss-taking ...

Under the current policy, he would not be recommended to Bethel, as he is effeminate - and as we both know Bethel is a croc of shit, so this can only be a good thing.

Is he a closeted gay man? Is he afraid he is gay? - IDK, and I don't give a f^ck about AM3. The only thing about the GB I care about, is if they've committed serious crimes, I want to see them in court.

There are very serious issues within the WT, chief of which are the ban on blood and the non-cooperation with the law re. paedophiles.

Asking effeminate brothers to stop lisping, be a bit more macho or marry the congregation's single sister isn't nice, but in the scheme of things, it's nothing.

• magotan
    magotan

Simon, i think you're off base, and I generally only lurk on this site and I literally logged in after a year to comment

- growing up queer/gay, I often was policed on not only how I dressed, but how I walked, talked, and acted. I did not intentionally act more feminine or masculine, but I simply did things that the JW's considered "feminine". This meant that despite any sort of "spiritual qualifications" i still was passed over for assignments, and had limited contact with other members of the congregation because of the PERCEPTION of my sexuality due to my mannerisms.

It ruined my teens and made me feel like I was not enough and made me hate myself.

Its more than clothes, in fact, it's not about clothes at all. It's about image, and it's about control. Clothing isn't the big deal. Policing someone's being is.

• magotan
    magotan

It's another way that the GB uses control to make people fall in line.

its a serious issue, maybe not as big as pedophiles or blood ban, but a very big issue nonetheless.

• magotan
    magotan
    Like I said, it's not a dress code issue. It's a behavior policing issue. Young men and women are always thrown to the wolves, and locked out of social circles, or platform assignments and told they aren't trying hard enough when they're doing their best because of some arbitrary gauge of masculinity or femininity. It's very much cult like; everyone is to act and look the same.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Pistoff - "I don't expect the GB to accept gays, it is part of their brand to reject gays.

Let's be honest...frankly, gays are probably better off for it. :sunglasses:

x

EDIT: I'm a little surprised that they labelled it as "disturbing" rather than "brazen".

Unless they're working their way up to it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit