No 'Tight Pants' policy is now official - classed as 'disturbing'

by wizzstick 362 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Among the wonderful, and unique, variety found within human beings, there are many different traits, and characteristics. Some women are soft spoken, and "dainty". Some women are outspoken, and not afraid to get dirty. You can have a woman who is perfectly capable of changing a tire, or turning a wrench. Another woman might love her painted nails, and well manicured clothing. Among men, you can have someone who hates bugs, and germs, and hates getting dirty. You may have a man who, just plain doesnt care about his clothing, or some dirt under his nails. Or a guy who wears perfectly tailored suits, without a crease in them.

Some woman may "carry" themselves like a "tomboy". Maybe there is a female who "walks" a certain way, or is heavy on her feet. Maybe a dude who has a high pitched voice, or a certain mannersim that can come off a certain way, and he doesnt even realise it.

Everybody is different, and unique, in their own way. Mannerisms, come thru from a person, based on where they were raised, or how they "carry" themselves is natural to them. Clothing can "fit" each person DIFFERENTLY, because of each of us's own body type. The SAME EXACT outfit can look "tight" on one person, and lose on the person right next to them. More importantly, all of these characteristics, mannerisms, and variety of "types", DO NOT, neccessarily, dictate ones SEXUALITY, or preferance sexually.

How can these "rules" even be enforced? Who are the "judges" of what is tight? Or what is "manly"? Or what is "feminine"? How short of a haircut, is TOO short? What "style" of hair dictates if its TOO masculine, instead of feminine? There are no clearly defined parameters. . . . . . . . . . .

YET, the outcome, and PUNISHMENT, can be LIFE THREATENING!! We can easily joke, and dismiss, the preaching work, saying that it would almost be a "favor" not having to do it, BUT, according to WTS own doctrine, the preaching work is paramount to being a chosen true christian, and it means everything to the followers of this cult. To take that away from someone, based on arbitrary, undefined, tightness os PANTS, or LENGTH of hair, IS CRAZY!!!!!!!

This is just giving the WTS's enforcer class, the elders, more power to institute their own agenda. They will harm people with this. They will ostrasize youths with this. They will push some out, causing more inner turmoil, and confusion, in young ones whos lives are so fragile to begin with, and instead need nurturing, not bullying.

The abusers, continue to ABUSE the flock. They brow beat, and berrate the sheep. Whipping and hitting the innocents, with fear, and hate, and an unloving concern. The more the GB pushes the will of old, mentally diseased men, who are out of touch with the teachings of Jesus, the more they will decrease their numbers, and push away their members. The childrens very lives are being crushed in their false prophetic hands. They are serpents with 2 tongues.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

18 pages before I weighed in on this thread!....

In my opinion, it all comes down to "Control".

Now there will be over zealous elders imposing their own views on the flock, and stepping beyond appropriate boundaries....

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    This just in - that strange American-based sect known as Jehovah's Witnesses hates gays. You can't be gay, nor can you adopt clothing styles that they discern as being 'gay'. If you despise homophobia, stay the hell away from those fuckers. If you are still in, think about how your own religion stigmatises and mistreats not only gays but people who dress and act differently than them, otherwise known as 'worldly' people. And I agree, let them have those rules. This is the 21st century. Homophobia is for the most part not acceptable in western countries and they are going to scare away any potential converts and the homophobia ingrained into the minds of the born-ins is going to get themselves rightfully ostracised.
  • purrpurr
    purrpurr
    I wonder how "tight" is "tight"? Is there going to be a measurement of tightness that can be gauged?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The JWS isn't the only religion that has rigidly structured conformism.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Amongst eight million Jehovah's Witnesses there exists the same spectrum of sexuality as the rest of the population, that's just biology. Sadly, anything other than black & white heterosexuality is suppressed because of all the pressures to conform that come from this cult.

Whether this new directive is about clothing or, more likely, a response from some homophobes in the Governing Body is almost irrelevant. Just imagine the renewed pressure on teenage JW's who are waking up sexually and cannot understand what's 'wrong' with them.

Shame on any elders who support this new move

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    ..and I'd assumed that a metrosexual was someone with a fetish for the Paris underground railway system.
  • minimus
    minimus

Dunedain, I just finished reading the entire thread and you nailed it. Why do they have to judge people? Everyone is different.

this isn't about a conservative religion"s right to enforce their own rules. It's about portraying anyone with a lisp or lilt as someone unworthy. As was noted, preaching is a JW requirement for salvation and now, a person can be stopped from sharing their faith with their brothers and sisters because someone might view them as too hutch you or too prissy.

the elder mentality is to follow Mother's directions and start examining and judging people.

It's simply another example of the wrongness of the religion.

One of the reasons I stopped being an elder is because I was sick and tired of judging people.

• minimus
    minimus
    That should have read ...to butchy or too prissy
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Not surprised, Simon, but outraged that such a subjective thing could actually be used to deny participation in field service

Do you want metrosexuals to be allowed to participate in field service?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit