South East England - love of the greater number cooling off

by truthseeker 107 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

was Carter a drinker St Goerge?

• St George of England
    St George of England
    was Carter a drinker St Goerge?

Not to my knowledge. He was 'heavily' into cream cakes though.

George

• cantleave
    cantleave

I always liked Dave Carter. I was a teenager when he was in our district.

• St George of England
    St George of England

He was OK. Always gave a good talk. We used to go to Dudley Assembly Hall in the 1970's. He became DO in the South later on and was at Hayes Bridge.

George

• ignored_one
    ignored_one
    We also had the Rastall family - David, Lorna,

Now serving as CO on the SE coast, Brighton, Worthing, Bognor etc

Thought the name sounded familar. Never met them though. I'd left before they came visting.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

What a great post for any in SE England

• St George of England
    St George of England

Just an update on the Rastall family. They retired back home to Rochester a couple of years ago. Lorna had an accident, fell out of the loft I think and they had to take some time off previously.

They were replaced by Philip Rose and his wife whose name escapes me. He now serves as an instructor on one of the courses.

Stand in CO is William Huere (French) who is OK when you can translate to English.

I am not local to the area and find the congregations here very frosty. The non JW locals are OK though.

George

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's funny reading this. Colin Conradie was in my congregation before he was appointed to the circuit, we were good friends with his Sister and brother. His sister permed and low-lighted my hair in the 80's. Colin's wife lorraine used to temp in the packing department of a company I worked at.

Ahhh memories!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit