South East England - love of the greater number cooling off

by truthseeker 107 Replies latest jw friends

• aunthill
    aunthill

Thanks Englishman, just getting back to the board.

Aunthill

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Nicolaou - yeah that would be him, always up to stuff like that and has new info on various hospitals that have taken on non blood treatment.

Bluesbrother - no not my uncle, although maybe he did I dont know, but I dont think he would of had the time, he is so full time with witness work for him to run any business.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

LOL...... Hayesbridge.....anyone have a pic of that? I remember a big long building with a WT Turret on the roof. My dad (who's not JW) only said the other day that the best meat pie he ever had was at Hayesbridge, not sure what that says about my mums cooking

I was only a kid when we used to go to Dorking Assembly Hall, I think that was an old cinema building, I can even remember the sound of the red velvet seats that popped up when you stood up, and the baptismal pool on the stage to the left, that I was forever getting told off about for dipping my hand into during the intermissions. (I was only 7 or 8) I think the WT sold that to NCP at the end of the Eighties. Still that was opposite a KFC, you can imagine the queue at the end of the assembly. (A bit like the queue at the Ice cream vans just outside Twickenham Rugby stadium last year) Awwww memories!!!

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

I was at twickers the year before that, but ended up in the pub during the sessions.

I remember CP one year, looked at the burger vans just before the prayer started and no que, opened my eyes from the prayer and magically there was a massive que ! amazing that people walked out during a prayer !

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Matt....... Twickenham

I remember one year circa 1983 (before Crystal Palace) my dad who is so NOT JW agreeing to take mum me and my sis to the convention there before the stadium makeover (when it was all green corragated east, west north south stands) As we were going in through the gates, there was this bloke standing there harrasing all the "faithful" going in, shouting things like repent, sinners, etc etc with this huge flipboard prop to the side of him. Naturally everyone ignored him. That was until we filed past, without a word, my dad (as he passed him) said in a loud voice, "Why don't you shut the F*** up you W***** . Needless to say Mum went absolutely mental at him when we got inside, the bloke looked like he'd been run over, other JWs behind us just stared, and my sis and me giggled for the rest of the day. (Out of sight of my mum) ......... We got the coach up for the next few years after that.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Ah Twickenham before the refit. Jesus, like could you have any less legroom. So glad I don't have to sit through 7hrs a day of that kinda hell anymore.

Ignored One.

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

Warm Brits? Isn't that an oxy moron?

I know a certain 'someone' who went into business with a brit ( he lived in another country ) and the brit was responsible for exporting. He was an elder etc etc etc, long story short he walked away with $300K US of company funds. He up and moved his family, changed his number etc. Last I heard was from his son who was studying at the Sorbone. ( <spelling? ) Funny but this certain someone remembered a conversation he had with him where he was worrying about how he was going to send this son to school. Looks like he found a way. His son never knew what his dad did and sent "someone" an email. "Someone" then asked for his dad's phone number. He of course gave it right out. So "Someone" called him and just asked if he is worried everytime the phone rings. "Someone" then said said, "you should be". At this point he hung up on "someone". He then had his number changed again.

You think he just figured that the scripture, "he who doesn't provide an ivy leauge education for his own family is worse than a man without faith" worked for him?

Oye vey, he was warm alright.

It's So Simple

• Englishman
    Englishman

Here's a pic of me outside Twickenham. I'm the young man with the nice looking bird.

Englishman.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Sure are a lot of you postates over there.

Bruverly luv from the Merck-urian world,

Craig

• yxl1
    yxl1

Englishman,

Where's your tie man!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit