Real reasons behind this change?

by Gorb 67 Replies latest jw friends

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It can increase the total of active publishers, yes. And since they only will report the hours of pioneers, they can show a "per person" monthly total that is much higher than it was in the past. A sort of creative bookkeeping, where you no longer record the numbers that drag down the averages.

• apostrate
    apostrate

Just because they don't have to report their hours doesn't mean that they won't have to endure the same old "guilt-trip" sermons at each meeting. Product placement will probably remain consistent.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I had this thought....inclusive is the no time reporting for the R and F and "last minute repentance" thingy: Maybe they want people to leave! That way, they consolidate more halls and have move property to sell.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Sloppyjoe

"Donations in the end are what matter most"".

Yes. Always. Bottom line.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

If donations are now, or about to become, the focus, should we be expecting the GB to release further "new light" ? About a new donation arrangement, perhaps?

• blondie
    blondie

I was wondering, if you mark "active" does that applies to baptized or jws or unbaptized publishers too? As to counting bible studies still, the COBOE in one congregation analyzed how individual bible studies were conducted in the congregation. Only 3 were not with children, only one reached baptism and was shortly df'd a year later. I can see why the WTS is taking a closer look at this. I found that too many jws that had a good conversation with someone, took their info and then handed it to a pioneer or elder to follow up on. The person said they were too busy to commit to the time each week (and effort) to study with the person. Few jw parents had bible teaching of their own children, sometimes turning them over to another adult jw to do that chore.

• moley
    moley

I suppose now they will really start to push people to be pioneers

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Morley: "I suppose now they will really start to push people to be pioneers"

That is probably the only way to compensate for the backlash from this change. (If you ever believed that hours were important, that is!)

• I quit!
    I quit!

If there were a box here to check ALL OF THE ABOVE I'd probably check it. Magazines and newspapers are becoming a thing of the past. Most people get their info off of the internet. Covid got them out of the habit of going door to door now they just stand on corners and direct people to their website. By doing away with timecards and the door to door work they can hide the fact that the hours are way down and shield themselves from any liability they have if one of their "publishers" is injured while doing it. Maybe they've discovered how lucrative televangelism can be. Just keep listening to us and sending us your money and we'll give you all the tools you need to survive Armageddon.

• Gorb
    Gorb

When JW studios in Rampoo are operational, I expect some subscription channel.

They will go full on multimedia.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit