Real reasons behind this change?

by Gorb 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I totally get why some folks were hoping for the End in ‘75…

…disco, bell-bottoms, and leasure suits?

Jeezus, I’d want to burn it all down, too.

😏

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Dang, I can’t even find a tape for my 8 track player

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TRUTHLOVER223:

I had heard of a few people in the JW religion who quit good jobs to pioneer - only to end up broke and have to find work again. I am glad you found good jobs before it was too late.

Maybe my non-JW upbringing saved me from the pioneering absurdity in the late ‘70s and ‘80s! .. They tried to pressure me to quit my job!

When I heard about this shocking news that no more FS hours reports were needed - the first thing I thought about were Witnesses who pioneered their whole lives. I felt sick to my stomach because I would not be retired if I fell for this garbage!!!

When I think about it now, it is all worth it to have been unpopular back then and not invited to special dinners!.. Like as though this nonsense would mean anything today!

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

My feelings on this is like what Sansa said to Littlefinger in the episode The Mountain and the Viper as to why she helped him. Actually she didn't say it. I thought she said "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know." Littlefinger said "To gamble on the man you know than the strangers you don't."

We know this world and this system, but we don't know what things will be like in the new system. We just have painted pictures.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

You didn't just paint pictures, the GB/President spelled out predictions in graphic detail. Then claimed it was everyone elses fault for believing those predictions. There're enough people alive today who lived through this era to call BS on the theocratic warfare, Rattigan.

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus

Could it be related to high prices of paper that did not correlate with donations. They cannot say: preach less. So, they stop the reporting. Even, if not much literature is placed, every JW needs stocks. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/WPU0911

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Rat350

That's what so many did prior to 75 - we bet on the man we knew- apparently strangers would have done us better

Still didn't say how old you are to be dissing anyone who had "faith" at that time.

• Riley
    Riley

The average age of the body of elders in our hall is well over 70 and they are just getting old to hound everyone. Plus, I think the younger ones realize it is kind of a dick move always being in everyone's business.

Plus there are people who just never go out and it is getting harder and harder to just ignore the fact some people are just treating it as " Church " now.

I am sure most halls are in the same situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit