INSANE last days speculation in 10/2019 WT

by neat blue dog 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    mikeflood - "The thing that worries me is how the Borg is gonna react if there's some kind of 'incident', are they gonna start a message of doom? Are they going to circle the wagons? That's what the article says too."

A few here have theorized that if there actually was some kind of "incident" (like, say, loss of tax-exemption in the US or somesuch), the leadership will just quietly bugger off to the Caymans where the bOrg has millions stashed away (not joking), and have the WTS heavily imply that they've been raptured "called away to heaven", in no small part to misdirect the R&F away from the fact that said "incident" is not actually going down according to their End-Times script (or they could - worse-case scenario - pull a small-scale Jonestown at Warwick).

The "message of doom" to follow has been unofficially suggested for years, and recently been made official... basically, loyal JWs will be expected to go D2D and tell everyone else that it's too late, they're all fucked, neener-neener-neener (terrific way to get the R&F "persecuted", BTW )

And from what I can see, they're already circling the wagons.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

SOS-JDD ----------- Same Old Shit -- Just a Different Day

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Sounds like the same sh*t that appeared in the 1959 Watchtowers. Only a few words changed to make it sound fresh but it's the same exact message to cause alarm among the sheeple!

just saying!

• naomidangerlee
    naomidangerlee

The GB are going to mass suicide

At
    some point, all anointed ones who are
    still on earth will be gathered to heav-
    en to share in the war of Armageddon.
    (Matt. 24:31; Rev. 2:26, 27) This means
    that the Governing Body will no longer
    be with us on earth. However, the great
    crowd will remain organized. Capable
    brothers from among the other sheep
    will take the lead. We will need to show
    our loyalty by supporting these brothers
    and by following their God-given direc-
    tion. Our survival will depend on it!
  • atomant
    atomant

Hang on isn't the GB the mediator for jw;s. lf there are no GB alive on earth how can non GB members be the new mediators for jw;s??????

• blondie
    blondie

atomant, only the anointed on earth have a mediator per current WTS doctrine. Once all the anointed are in heaven, no more memorials conducted on earth, anointed in heaven don't need a mediator.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2019245#h=27:0-27:266

18 The requirement to observe the Memorial of Christ’s death will not last much longer. When Jesus “comes” during the great tribulation, he will gather his remaining “chosen ones” to heaven, and the Memorial will cease to be commemorated.​—1 Cor. 11:26; Matt. 24:31.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1989609#h=1:0-22:45

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015047?q=mediator+anointed&p=sen

Mediator only for those in new covenant (anointed on earth)

• atomant
    atomant

thanks for that blondie,So who is the mediator for jehovahs witnesses at the moment.?

• blondie
    blondie

atomant, that is what I call a dance around answer from the WTS.

1) only the anointed on earth need a mediator since it is between Jesus and those in the new covenant. After the anointed die and go to heaven, they no longer need a mediator. The rest of jws are not anointed (called the other sheep (or subset, great crowd, other sheep that live through Armageddon) and are not in a covenant relationship and thus Jesus is not their mediator.

2) How has the WTS applied 1 Timothy 2:5 though in a way that confuses the average jw?

This confusion comes up when jws realize that they are taught that Jesus is the go-between for them when praying to Jehovah; that their prayers must go through Jesus such as this quote:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1997126?q=prayer+mediator&p=par

Furthermore, in a very clear way, the Scriptures rule out the idea of praying to “saints” in order for them to act as intercessors with God. In his model prayer, Jesus taught that prayers are to be addressed to the Father only, since he directed his disciples: “You must pray, then, this way: ‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.’” (Matthew 6:9) Jesus further stated: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you ask anything in my name, I will do it.” And the apostle Paul stated: “There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.”—John 14:6, 14; 1 Timothy 2:5.

---I hope this explains why you might be confused as well as most jws.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "At some point, all anointed ones who are still on earth will be gathered to heaven to share in the war of Armageddon... This means that the Governing Body will no longer be with us on Earth. However, the great crowd will remain organized. Capable brothers from among the other sheep will take the lead. We will need to show our loyalty by supporting these brothers and by following their God-given direction."

I don't know about group suicide... but buggering off to the Caymans (where the bOrg has a shit-ton of money squirreled away) the moment legal "persecution" begins, though?

Way more plausible, IMO.

Hell, the way I see it, priming the rank-and-file for that kind of "rapture" with stuff like the above quote couldn't be more obvious.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oh, and lots of luck to the clearly "capable" brothers (and lawyers) left holding the bag afterward, BTW...

...the bOrg'll definitely be in good hands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit