Crime Rates: U.S. v. England

by StinkyPantz 117 Replies latest social current

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

If a thread criticises something to do with your country, or my country, why do you have to take it as a personal attack on you. It isn't.

This thread is about crime figures. The other threads you talk about are usually criticising your government, or you president, not you.

How can you feel this thread is America Bashing when it was started to show that the crime figures of Britain are much worse.

Aren't we allowed to dispute them figures the way the other topics are disputed?

I'm sorry if I offended you, but I think you've over-reacted a bit.

regards

mark

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Oh! The maturity!

To the people of the USA from the people of Europe,

Europe is a corrupt and evil steeeeenking morass of humanity. We have bad teeth, smell, and cannot speak Merkin proper although we try, modelling our speech on M&M.

We have only recently had electrickery, and are very greateful for the great American invention of 'demockcrazy' which has liberated us from the oppresive egg yolk of our inbred Royal Families. We have several Royals for sale should you choose to have one family controling your country handing power from father to son.

We are also advancing to the stage of development we so aspire to as seen in daytime American. We are also grateful for the USA saving the world, and enjoy films like 'Independance Day' where we can relive this.

Unlike the USA, where the peace-loving and free citizens can walk the streets safe in the knowledge they have a gun, our 'kriminals' run out of control, and rather than having gun fights like god fearing folks should, they use their fists and sticks when they seek to take the few copper pennies that we are able to earn each week.

We are so glad that the USA is leading the world into a new error; obviously it is wise and just that politicians have the freedom to lie, otherwise we would not know how to use out demokratic rights or form our onions. It is best as we are simple folk to let the wise ones in power do the thunking for us. We understand how it is neccesary to support despotic dictators who violate human rights in order to establish true peace and security, especially the ones whith natural resources.

We reject as lies any suggestion that it is only strategic American interests you protect, as we know you will feed the world, feed the children.

Please accept in advance post-paid our quavering apolloboggies for having the termitecity to question any action by your great and fruitful land. We realise we should wait until we have at least developed the ability to smelt metal before we question.

We also promise to be good and say nothing whenever Amerikans make incorrect statements about Europe. As no1 world power and all all citizens of your great country have big things to think about and sometimes will not have time to get facts straight.

We appeal for you charidy, please send Hollywood Stars, especially yonug ladies with pretty chests, and nylons and cigarettes, and we need great religious leaders like Graham and Falwell as we are steenking athiestic gay loving commies in need of salvation.

Thank you

• Simon
    Simon

Wildhorses: I note you are quick to accuse but have never offered any evidence of alleged 'America Bashing'. Where, for instance, do you think I bash America on this thread?

StinkyPantz too has admitted to voicing and repeating claims that I am America Bashing without bothering to read any of the threads where I am supposed to have done it !

I am seriously considering putting a bit in the posting guidelines:

"Please avoid unwarranted claims of persecution"

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Simon-

1. I have now read the threads. You'd be surprised WHO told me you were anti-US, it's no one that has spoken up and I'm sure that you'd never even think of these particular people. They, in my eyes, were accurate sources, and I'd bet if they had told you something about me, you would've believed it too.

2. All I said was the crime rate was higher in the US and I was right. Of course if we broke it down, in some areas crime is way higher in whichever country. For example the assault rate in England is 100% higher than the US.

Along with: "Please avoid unwarranted claims of persecution", you should put "No more assuming that just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't automatically mean that they are childish and have a chip on their shoulder".

SOT-

WildHorses didn't appreciate Simon saying she had a chip on her shoulder. I believe that WH has only made one or two posts about this subject and she suddenly has a chip? Puh-leeze!

• Simon
    Simon
    and I'd bet if they had told you something about me, you would've believed it too

No, I've had several people tell me different things about people and while I take things on board I do not base my decisions on them or judge the person without judging for myself.

For example the assault rate in England is 100% higher than the US

And there are "lies, damn lies and statistics". If someone doesn't get killed I presume it's an assault? In which case would you rather have large homicide figures or large assault figures? We'd prefer neither but taking isolated figures out of context does not really give the whole picture.

If someone is offended by a few posts comparing published statistics then I am not going to worry too much about whether something I said offended them or not. IMHO they are overly sensitive and too quick to take offense when none has been given.

The simple fact is, there are no anti-US comments on this topic but to hear some go on, you'd think we'd declared war.

I have nothing against wildhorses but I really don't see:

a) what it is you think I've done wrong

b) what it is you want me to do or say

• wednesday
    wednesday

From the sound up in Long Island out to San
    Francisco Bay, and ev'ry thing that's in between
    them is our home. And we may have done a little
    bit of fighting amongst ourselves, but you outside
    people best leave us alone. Cause we'll all stick
    together and you can take that to the bank.
    That's the cowboys and the hippies and the rebels
    and the yanks. You just go and lay your head on a
    Pittsburgh Steeler fan and I think you're gonna
    finally understand.

this is part of a song by charlie daniels, called America. Yes we may have done some fighting among ourselves, but as he says, u outside people best leave us alone.

For more great songs go to

charliedaniels.com

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Is it just me or does every thread StinkyPantz start turn into a fight?

(I'm kidding with you sweetheart )

Ok. Stinky, Bigboi, and Teejay come on in and settle things down before this turns into an international incident.

Meanwhile, sensing the direction this thread is taking, I'm going to fan the flames just a little.

I don't blame our British friends for their feelings on Americans carrying guns at all, when you consider U.S. history. If I were British, I'd be scared sh*tless of an armed American too!

Mike.

p.s. Please note that the above post was HUMOR! Extremely rude, offensive, obnoxious, uncalled-for, and slightly irreverent HUMOR. E-Man, put down the shotgun!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    does every thread StinkyPantz start turn into a fight?

Bwhahaha! Well, I try my best .

• ballistic
    ballistic

LOL

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

OMG! Bendrr, I just noticed your avatar!!

and do you ever sign into Messenger?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit