Crime Rates: U.S. v. England

by StinkyPantz 117 Replies latest social current

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

The U.S. in general is a violent place to live.

My advice to my daughters:

Lock you car doors, ALWAYS!

If someone jumps in your car (it happens where we live) make sure your seat belt is on and crash the car where people will see you. NEVER go where the intruder tells you to go!

An adult in the backyard at night? Let the dogs take care of them while you call the police.

Do not open the front door without knowing who is on the other side.

Group of guys jump in front of your car? Run them over.

At night walk with a manner that gives the signal, "bother me and I'll kick your balls off".

My daughters have learned to kick high with the heel of their boots (usually what they wear) and to drive the heel of their hand into another person's face in self-defense.

There is no place for gentle and vulnerable young women in the U.S. of A. anymore.

IW

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

In the crime rates, would anyone happen to have statistics that show the number of crimes prevented by armed citizens?

I happen to be one of those armed citizens. I have a state license to carry my firearm concealed and have carried concealed for over 10 years. In that time I've drawn my gun 3 times and each time I prevented a crime against myself. No one will ever convince me that unarmed is the best way to go.

Mike.

• teejay
    teejay

Hey, Mike,

Way to go! Ever see the movie Death Wish with Charles Bronson? Great movie.

• Jayson
    Jayson

Eng your stats are for one year while S P's are for 15? hmmmmmmm which do I go for? Who is bias?

The UK has given criminals the right to do anything while the people don't even have the right to call for help. (They teach "call the police", because no one is supposed to help you.) Stop and think about Americans, just about all have the right to firearms, and look at how small the number of deaths are. Fact, the stricter the gun control the higher the crime. The more freedom to C&C (conceal and carry) the lower the crime rate. Simon said that "Americans only own guns to blow each others brains out." That is such a stupid comment. No one comments that in America 500,000 crimes are detered by the use of guns to protect people from criminals. Attempts of a rape upon a female are sucessful 30% of the time when she is unarmed. However, when an armed female who is skilled with her firearm is attacked that number falls to 3%. I just fail to understand why Brits support the criminals who rape their spouces, girlfriends and daughters. I pity their protecting the criminal and making themselves helpless when they are prey. I'm glad I don't live there.

• Jayson
    Jayson

Joyce Lee Malcolm

"Guns and Violence:The English Experience." Great Book on how English desire to restrict the rights of the individual to defend themselves has turned the country, "into one of the world's most violent nations."

Anything found on your person for personal protection can get you arrested in the UK. You do not have/do not need the right to protect yourself. "Society" will protect you. If you try to protect yourself i.e. carry ANY type of weapon you are a danger to society.

Sound like the BBC case against you know who & Iraq? I.e. The UN means that, no country has the right/no country has the need, to protect itself. Society [UN] will protect.

She wrote in "Reason" magazine that you are six times more likely to be mugged in London than in New York City.

"It is never reasonable to use violence or force to protect property in England. Any use of force will be considered excessive."

Is safe to say that Brits have surrendered their williness to protect themselves?

• ballistic
    ballistic

IMPORTANT:

The problem is police crime figures in the United Kingdom include things like parking fines, in fact ALL TRAFFIC OFFENSES. This makes general comparisons such as this impossible. You need to compare a list of individual crimes.

Just to emphasise: your figures above read that 1 in 3 of us Brits is a criminal!!!

• ballistic
    ballistic

I deny any knowelege of any aforesaid traffic offenses, allegedly.

• Jayson
    Jayson

Along the lines of surrendering personal protection for "societies" protection I have also heard that the police in the UK will only investigate crime that has a high probablity of solving. Which means if you are the target of a criminal you can't defend yourself and the police are not going to do crap.

Wait, am I talking about the UN or the UK? Oh well, what's the difference.

• rebel
    rebel

I personally think the crime rate in the UK is exceptionally high. We are a tiny island but crime is soaring.

It doesn't help much when innocent people get prosecuted for fighting back (happens all the time) or if you reward criminals with nice holidays abroad. The only criminals who seem to get sentenced are those who commit crimes involving money. Violent criminals seem to get off scot free.

Many people I know in the UK don't even bother to call the police any more. It isn't the fault of the police- it is the justice system (or should I say injustice system) that lets us down. The police are sick of bringing people to court, only to have the cases thrown out or for thugs to get a slap on the wrist.

25 years ago I was the vicitm of a very violent crime. The guy got 18 months!!!!

British justice stinks!

xxR

• Jayson
    Jayson

This shows a very important difference between the US and the UK; In both law and ideology. A trees of the same roots are taking very different paths.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit