Is There Something You Want To Get Off of Your Chest or Vent About???

by minimus 106 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

Very true, Brummie.

I shouldn't even have told you that story.... you have no idea what type of challenging behaviors we deal with, and what things they do. It's hard to describe, and hard to even write about. This is done with the blessing of social workers and psychologists, b/c nothing else works...

I am actually going to delete that bit there... it's not at all appropriate for me to be talking about confidential issues on any forum...

Stupid me.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Shamus after a night of working with very challanging behaviour I probably do know some of the things you are reffering too. I would be interested in knowing what kind of work you do, pm me if you dont want to discuss it here. I am off to bed too, see ya later

Brummie

• shamus
    shamus

Well, brummie, let's say that they are developmentally challenged people, like FAS, and have horrible behaviors that need to be stopped. We don't want these people going back into institutions.... but, that is where they will be if they don't stop doing what they do! So, here we come in, to help them stop it... to give them the exact opposite of what they seek. If they want you to be shocked... don't be shocked. If they do something that they feel is nothing, make a big deal out of it.... we develop care plans to stop it, and work together as a team to do it. Nothing that is done is done just by myself... social workers, psychologists, day programs all get involved.... we can usually stop the behaviors, and keep it under control to the extent that they can live in society and be much much happier in their lives than living in an old fashioned institution....

Hey, what the hell is this thread about?

Anyways, feel free to PM me too! I would love to know what kind of work you do, too. It's pretty hard to talk, though, when dealing with confidential matters (something I like to take very seriously.... for the clients sake...) That last bit, even though I did not mention names, or anything was still not appropriate. I feel sorry for our clients, and try to help them the best that I can, and make them feel good about themselves...

Hey, what is this thread about????

• Mac
    Mac

And that damned Wendy's hot and juicy.....bullcrap!!....it's just warm and greasy....shove the fries!!!!!!

mac

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

ALL THE BLATANT HATERS ON THIS BOARD. LET PEOPLE BE WHO THEY ARE. SO WHAT IF THEY SHOW THEIR AZZ.

Dan the man your a little biased toward rap. They're are many forms of rap. I will take rap over rock music anyday.

• Hamas
    Hamas
    I will take rap over rock music anyday

Easy. I hear you man.

• minimus
    minimus

I HATE being behind slow drivers.I can't stand people that ALWAYS complain. Listening to jokes isn't usually that funny.I hate it when you are explaining something and the person doesn't listen and you have to say it all over again. I don't like Indian food. I do an excellent Indian imitation.I think the Jerky Boys and Beavis and Butthead are funny. I can never understand jealousy. I tend to believe people unless I have good reason not to.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Another thing I can't stand is unmarried mothers with 2 or 3 kids to different fathers receiving govt assistance.

Once, sure, they made a mistake, or the Pill didn't work or whatever, but you'd think they'd be more careful the next time they open their legs. If they're going to be careless, or let themselves fall pregnant, then they should take responsibility for their actions, and not rely on government handouts.

• minimus
    minimus

"or let themselves fall pregnant".....Prisca, I never heard it quite put that way.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Nope. I'm good thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit