Polytheism - Jehovah has same status as other gods

by Sirona 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sirona
    Sirona

Search - I will PM you with my email addy - dont know yours.

Dansk - Hi Brother...eek sounds too JWish....yeah I'm Pantheist rather than polytheist. It has taken me a long time to reach this point, I went through a good period of time being a hard polytheist.

Seedy: great information, thanks for posting that. I agree with you about the influence of Egypt. Do you *believe* in God(s)?

Sirona

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Sirona,

Why should you care about polythiesm? Or any discorse on the objective truth or reallity of any of theism. To you your god is like Mr. Potato Head a silly little god you get out of a toy box which you fasion after your likes. Or to put it another way your god is like a McDonalds Big Mac made to order just the way you want (hold the onions, extra mayo)

cheers,

jr

• seedy3
    seedy3

Hi Sirona,

No I do not beleive in any gods female or male, I am really a panthiest and beleive there is an energy but it is not a personage or an almighty to worship, it is strictly energy. I however do beleive we can tap into this energy, which is where panthiesm and I start to drift, becasue mainstream panthiests generally do not beleive in any sort of energy that is "usable" as in tapping into it with the mind and body, but I do.

Seedy

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Why should you care about polythiesm? Or any discorse on the objective truth or reallity of any of them. To you your god is like Mr. Potato Man a silly little god you get out of a toy box which you fasion after your likes. Or to put it another way your god is like a McDonalds Big Mac made to order just the way you want (hold the onions, extra mayo)

clash, People who live in glass houses etc.

How can you criticise the nature of someone else's belief in god when you are by your own admission a presuppositionalist, a position where you deliberately and proudly eschew the normal rules of logic and evidence, where you choose a god to believe in, and then just leap right in and believe with no evidence other than your own unsupported belief?

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

seedy3 just making up some ol god out of thin air like some drunken college frat boy trying to mix long island ice teas in the midst of an inebriated haze posts:

which is where panthiesm and I start to drift, becasue mainstream panthiests generally do not beleive in any sort of energy that is "usable" as in tapping into it with the mind and body, but I do.

First I didn't know panthiesm had a fix set of doctrins in which you seedy3 can break away from I always thought that sort of stuff was just rubbish you just made up on the fly, just make it up as you go along. Mainstream panthiest huh, like they are like baptists and presbyterians and lutherans. So how does one "tap" into this energy? Just get the heebee geebees and then step up to the force? Somake your subjective etherial expereance and objective explaination.

all smiles,

jr

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Clash, why do you have problems with other people making up gods. Do you think your barbarian sky-god should be the only one? You freely admit that you don't believe based on any sort of evidence so why criticise others for believing in slightly different imaginary beings?

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Funky,

As usual my lazy wanna be intellectual friend you have absolutly no clue on what presuppositionalism is you have never read Greg Bahnsen of Van Til. And Laws of logic you say you have never even taken a formal logic class.

jr

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Funky,

Why do you defend other people made up gods? For a hard core athiest if you know what that is, I find you comming to the rescue of these fabracations of ones imaginary god quite inconsistant.

Funky, the crypto thiest or at least made up polythiest.

Come back Funky and respond when you finally figure out what you really are. You are eather an athiest or the pizza god.

cheers my confuesed friend,

jr

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    As usual my lazy wanna be intellectual friend

I'm none of those things. But it's easier to take pot shots, right? Especially when you choose not to take an evidential approach. What else have you got but assumptions and insults?

you have absolutly no clue on what presuppositionalism is

Then please enlighten me. What is presuppostitionalism other than the presupposed belief that what you believe is true (in your case, Van Tillian Presuppositionalism where you choose Christianity as your presupposed starting point)?

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Funky your either nieve or dishonest.

You have presupositions and assumptions that you start off with also.

Like your start with the notion that the claims of Christ are a bunch of crap, and this is before you look at any evidence.

BTW what is the evidential approach?

Discribe the means of evidence and what are the objective rules of interpratation of Evidence

That is the presuposition objective rules of interpratation of evidence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit