• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Free,

Can't we all just get along?

lol...What do you mean? This *is* us getting along. Best regards - HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Riz, What a lovely comment - thank you!

hillary_step wouldn't do that. I consider him to be at the top of the heap of level-headed posters.

I must admit, I do go through a mischievous phase every now and again and disagree with everybody, including myself, just to stir up a few embers. I call it 'creative trolling', after all, you can’t build a paradise on flat champagne.

Best regards - HS

• waiting
    waiting

Now THIS is why some of us *more _____________* just keep comin' back here.......

The value of rubbish is unaltered by translation, abstraction or citation. Dennis Gunton

I just love this sh*t! Six

me too. - waiting

• Satanus
  • riz
    riz

You are quite welcome, hillary_step.

I like you and I thought that was a totally inaccurate assessment of you. It seems our friend clash was baiting you so you would censor him and then he could cry foul and assume the role of the victim.

It takes character to take the high road. You, sir, have character.

• Simon
    Simon

clash_city_rockers: HS has always been a very balanced poster and an excellent moderator. Perhaps you do not like being pulled up for your unnecessarily insulting and aggresive posting style? I take all complaints seriously but I do not think there is any merit to this one.

Everyone is allowed an opinion and that includes moderators. All that we ask is that people are civil and abide by some very simple rules.

• donkey
    donkey
    Is Jehovah just another god? Is he on a par with Osiris / Pan / Cernunnos / whoever?

He is just another imaginary friend.

Are some gods "bigger" than others?

Only in the minds of the nutters who believe in them.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

hillary_step is one of the most balanced, polite, and admired posters on this website. To accuse him of such outrageous things is lunacy. To resort to such tactics demonstrates the desperation of some individuals for attention. All the more sickening when they are hypocritical enough to accuse someone else of tossing insults when they do it themselves. Such is the case with many self-righteous religious nutjobs however. (Jerry Falwell comes to mind for some reason LOL)

I always get a good laugh when I read the logic of religious fundamentalists though.

It usually goes something like this: (and clash_city_rockers is no exception to the norm)

1. My God is the only true God. (In clash's case, Christianity and Jesus Christ)

2. Everyone else's God is wrong. (see clash's previous post in this thread about Islam and other religions)

3. I worship my God and you should too. (see clash's posts using his religious belief to demonstrate his self-perceived superior comprehension of the universe, and why everyone else should follow suit.)

4. Evidence they use for support almost always includes solely the books written by their own faith. (as in clash's case, he cites the Bible as providing facts to support Christianity )

What a joke.

• Undecided
    Undecided

When does god become a part of animate nature? Do animals have any connection with a god or does he come into play only when animals reach a certain intelligence level? Since animals have a brain and a personality and are alive with some thinking ability do they have any connection with a god?

Do creatures have to have enough imagination to make a god for themselves or do gods just exist for all animate creatures?

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit