I am definitely too old for this!!!!!!!

by Mulan 62 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    Kids should learn to be adults, not the other way around.

Children need to enjoy being children and a TWO year old is a BABY palin and simple.

• IronGland
    IronGland

Sheila,

Im not saying be mean to the kid or expect too much from a two year old. I guess it's just a pet peeve of mine when people go out of the way to find something a kid likes to eat. For most of history, food was not plentiful and kids learned to eat what their parents ate with no problems. I dont get it when people get exasperated because their little darling just won't eat whats put before them. I guarantee, if the kid is hungry he will eventually eat.

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

Angharad, you were soooooooooo right about the potty training and putting his little butt back in dipes!

I told my husband last night what you were going through with the potty training thing, Mulan, and the quote from him was "Screw that! Back in diapers for the week, let mom and dad potty train the kid!"

So glad to hear he's settling in. He most likely misses mommy a lot. Sounds like you're weathering the storm really well.

And remember...the best thing about grandkids, you get to love em, read em pooh books, and then send em home! The week will be over before you know it and you'll miss him after he goes home.

love you much!

essie

p.s. depending on which chicken nuggets you got, he may try to stuff a whole one in his mouth! my daughter used to try that, had to cut them in slivers and watch her like a hawk.

• Mulan
    Mulan

He ate lunch like a little piggy..............chicken nuggets, dipped in BBQ sauce, drank a bucket of watered down apple juice, and more fruity snacks. He's fine. We spent about 1 1/2 hours in the backyard weeding..............it's looking good..............and we are back in the house cooling off. It's hot today. He is doing great.

Maybe I weathered the worst of it already. The nap was my great stroke of brilliance today. He is playing quietly in my Tupperware now....................I think. Better go check.

Thanks for the tips Essie. Send me your email again. I had to run the restore again, and then found out I didn't have to do it.............but I lost everything anyway.

• Mulan
    Mulan

He wasn't in the Tupperware!!!!!!!!! He found a sponge and was cleaning my kitchen floor (new hardwood in April) He found some liquid cleaner gel and had it all over the floor.................I about fainted..........it has bleach in it. It's fine................the finish must be ironclad.

That kid...................I am off computer now. He left the room. Byeeee.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I'm just reading through this thread, and I have to admit, I laughed out loud many times.

Mulan...you are to be commended for your patience and stamina.

It appears the little guy is slowly adjusting, and you two as well.

Very cute story, but I'm sure it has your hair frazzled sometimes...or all the time.

Hoping all goes well until the folks come back.

Best to you Mulan, hang in there.

• IronGland
    IronGland

You're Welcome.

• shera
    shera

OH Boyie..Mulan.

Take care..k?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    He wasn't in the Tupperware!!!!!!!!! He found a sponge and was cleaning my kitchen floor (new hardwood in April) He found some liquid cleaner gel and had it all over the floor.................I about fainted..........it has bleach in it. It's fine................the finish must be ironclad.

Aww. That's sweet. He's trying to help you clean. Maybe you can keep him busy cleaning the tub with that stuff.

Hang in there Marilyn. You're doing great! Have you thought of giving the child a melatonin pill around 9 pm?

Andi

A few good things I remember doing with my grandma as a child:

• Stringing Froot Loops into garlands (leis) and then eating them. (Constant snacking!)
    • Fat chalk on the sidewalk. She would draw my outline and I'd draw everything else. Easy clean up - rain!
    • Taking baths FOREVER with my toys!!!
    • Painting pieces of wood in the backyard. (Junk wood from the scrap pile.)
  • ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Mulan.....you always look a game old bird to me......surely you can hack it!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit