Did you know anyone who commited suicide in the org?

by JH 69 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

A few years ago after the generation change- two of the 'remnant" killed themselves in Cambridge Ont( this is for the "brothers at Bethel to know we apostates hear about it)
    Then two years ago a 22 yr old "brother" still active- killed himself -I was told he had heard about me- but knew I was apostate & though he couldnt do it( belong to the Borg) any more he didnt want to commit the inforgivable sin-So he killed him self- His active Aunt went to the funeral ( she had heard about me also)& called me right after -she said she sat there & thought he killed himself because he could stand it any more & here were the elders Preaching there poison -so the "visitors" would get saddled...
    Then in Montreal we had a young "study" who had attended a few times at the K H ( I didnt met him to talk to but saw him there ) took an over dose after he had been out in service - The elders had the nerve to put his "time sheet" up on the board to let us know he had been faithful to Jehovah...

Then of course lollydawdle Lost her hubby this way- He also had depression.... I always think they( the BORG) have a LOT of deaths to answer for. The Bible says they travel over land & sea to make ONE convert- then make then twice as bad as they were before > If any elders are reading this & I know you do....Because when I was picketing Bethel One of you spoke to me ( around the corner) & told me so..........Beware!!!!!!!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Then there was Br Hawkins Montreal a bank manager -shot himself in his car- A wonderful brother.... I had been serving with him at a wedding awhile before -he confided in me -that the Bros & Sis were always coming to him for loans. They reall didnt have the collateral-but they cried in his office & begged him for help- he said he was breaking the banks policies by doing this.
    After he killed himself they passed it arounfd the congregation that he was shot by the mafia......I KNOW it wasnt that ( personally told) They would not give his memorial at the KH

BAH HUMBUG!!!!

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Mouthy,

Thanks. I wasn't aware that there were so many of such cases in this part of the world.

Back in the early 50s, another pioneer and I studied with a family where the husband and father was a scientist working for the U.S. Government. Forty-some people in that family became JWs over the years. The man was brilliant, and was often called upon to give lectures to college students and other scientists. He was a devoted father and made sure all in his family were making good progress as JWs. But he never qualified to be an elder or even a ministerial servant. The reason, known only among the elders: He worked for the government! After being a JW for more than 30 years, the man shot himself during a bout with depression. A daughter told me the depression was due mainly to his feelings of failure as a JW.

It's sad that even brilliant people can be fooled and be led into a dismal future due to WT teachings and practices. It seems that my only sadness these days comes from thinking back upon such lovely people whose lives ended up in such awful ruins.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Bill Bibbee, Preston Park congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses in Plano, Texas. He was an elder for 40 years and had the heavenly hope since 1965. He shot himself in the shower to avoid making a mess.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Last Thursday the kids and I went to our support group at a local Methodist church, and we had a balloon launch for our loved ones who died. First, in our respective groups, we lit candles and said a little bit about each one. Then we wrote a note to the person who had died and, as a group, tied the notes to balloons. After a poem, a beautiful song, and a moment of silence, we raised our balloons and let them go, carrying our notes heavenward. It was a very emotional and beautiful experience. Jennie told me she didn't have the chance to say goodbye to Grandpa, so she did it in her note, and I think that's what it was for.

I think this thread is a beautiful memorial to all those for whom the pain of living was too much to bear. May they rest in peace and happiness forever.

Nina

• fairy
    fairy

this is what i found on the witnesses official site.........

Rest assured that the future life prospects of those who have committed suicide are in the hands of Jehovah, "the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort."—2 Corinthians 1:3. *

While suicide cannot be justified, it is comforting to remember that the future prospects of our loved ones rest with a God who fully understands that weaknesses and frailties could push one to such desperate action. The Bible says of Jehovah: "As the heavens are higher than the earth, his loving-kindness is superior toward those fearing him. As far off as the sunrise is from the sunset, so far off from us he has put our transgressions. As a father shows mercy to his sons, Jehovah has shown mercy to those fearing him. For he himself well knows the formation of us, remembering that we are dust."—Psalm 103:11-14.

• jws
    jws

My sister's sister-in-law (her husband's bro's wife) committed suicide some time in the late '70's, leaving behind 2 young children (probably both under age 6). I think it was a drug overdose (as in too many sleeping pills, not like heroin or cocaine). I was probably around 10 at the time and I don't remember too many of the details. The official family story was that she had mental problems. Now that I'm older, I'm wondering whether they weren't JW and/or husband (or both) problems. She always seemed so nice and sweet and very pretty and I was very sad for her and sorry for her children.

According to my neice (the children's cousin), the older one, the boy, wound up at bethel. The other, in the words of my cousin, wound up a slut and slept with half the guys her age in town.

• shamus
    shamus

I was near it many times. How I got through not dying in the borg I will never know. It was not the borgs fault for my depression, however, they show such an uncaring attitude towards me, and all others whom are weak, they bear heavy bloodguilt before any god. They only want to be with strong people, and hate you, that's right, HATE YOU if you miss meetings b/c you are not feeling well. Their attitudes and very nature of the religion disgust me on a high level. The names of these poor people should be written on a wall, or something, just like anonymous names of those whom suffered sexual abuse all these years, only to be disfellowshipped for complaining about it. The names should be mailed to the society by every ex-jw, and anyone else who cares, once a week until they fess up for their bloodguilt. They are disgusting.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I can only list suicide attempts. I'm not aware (of have forgotten) of any successful attempts. I can think of half-dozen attempts in the circuit I was in that I was aware of. (several of these were in my family).

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**It was not the borgs fault for my depression, however, they show such an uncaring attitude towards me, and all others whom are weak, they bear heavy bloodguilt before any god. They only want to be with strong people, and hate you, that's right, HATE YOU if you miss meetings b/c you are not feeling well. Their attitudes and very nature of the religion disgust me on a high level. The names of these poor people should be written on a wall, or something, just like anonymous names of those whom suffered sexual abuse all these years, only to be disfellowshipped for complaining about it. The names should be mailed to the society by every ex-jw, and anyone else who cares, once a week until they fess up for their bloodguilt. They are disgusting.**

{{{{{Shamus}}}}}

I think you speak for many of us who suffer from depression, and other disabling conditions that kept us from "ATTENDING MEETINGS" as we were "expected" to.

I SO agree with this post......tears are welling up, I gotta stop for now....

Hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit